Entropia Universe 17.19.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes
  • The loot animation has received a graphical update.
  • It is now possible to trade Unreal Tokens directly and on the auction.
  • Additional TWEN items are available to discover, including Planet Partner specific items.

Entropia Universe Planet Partner release information can be found at the following URLs:
Planet Calypso: https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/
Planet Arkadia: http://arkadiaforum.com/forums/planet-arkadia-release-notes-updates.102/
Next Island: https://nextisland.com/news
Planet Cyrene: https://cyreneforum.com/
Planet Toulan & Monria: https://virtualsense.eu/news/ & https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/forums/updates-release-notes.107/
Rocktropia: http://rocktropia.com/

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice!

The loot animation has received a graphic update. That's super important.
I was at the Jason Centre earlier. Mobs are stuck in trees or can't walk across imaginary borders. They are constantly reset. I couldn't fly in one direction, kept landing at the TB.
And thanks that there are now also the steel birds and attackers that I can't chase. This means that another area of the game is no longer playable for me this year.
But the main thing is that something totally useless is changed graphically.

Where to go first :eek:

Cyrene adds craftable box and ruins their harvesting tool..

Arkadia adds 4 missions… I see their new team isn’t up to snuff, great opening update there fellas…

calypso fixed some textures…

NI - huge list of adjustments and fixes, added update to Cyrene crossover mission

Toulan - ruined nawa spawn for new players + saint Patrick’s day gift on 18th, “pass on a message” mission which requires travelling to multiple planets in 2 hours, which they promote their mothership with (kinda messed up)

Arkadia adds 4 missions… I see their new team isn’t up to snuff, great opening update there fellas…
Ark Team clearly stated bug fixes and repairs to broken missions would come first, only later will we see new content and full relaunch. Patience is the key, who needs more code dumped on top of broken code. Give the guys a chance to re-build it properly from the ground up

Ark Team clearly stated bug fixes and repairs to broken missions would come first, only later will we see new content and full relaunch. Patience is the key, who needs more code dumped on top of broken code. Give the guys a chance to re-build it properly from the ground up
They hardly even fixed any though I mean…. Their VU is the shortest and has the least fixed or updates. Embarrassing for a first update from the new team

New look of the outposts /buildings where terminals are, thumbs up well done, really nice looking !

Not to mention that the four missions were to fix something that MA broke when they forced codex on Arkadia. I for one really look forward to getting access to the warehouses now.

Reactions: Geo

This has been, without a doubt, the most asked for fix for Arkadia. I have seen this asked at least once per week since it broke. I think the move was splendid.

The caly changes are smart, they are working on the UE transition and transferring assets so that something is happening on their planet, without dedicating more resources than necessary. Then there is also an entire event.

Calypso has dedicated less resources to this VU than other PPs I imagine, yet they manage to keep the players engaged, smart

Last edited:
I've been enjoying Cyrene quite a bit more in the last six months or so, but it's not all positive.
The harvesting was great, but they've now made all the trees of one type the same size and thinned them out. At one location the trees are really thin and poor, while another set look stunted. Whatever 'effect' it was that made the leaves red has been removed, and it looks very much less alien now. More like an olive orchard or something.
The crafted box has had an issue and should be back after the patch, they say. The bugged ranger seems fixed, apart from running into a turret. It is known and on the patch list.

Probably everywhere has its ups and downs, but as a pp vu I don't really know what to make of it. Nowhere has me itching to travel there really for now...

and ruins their harvesting tool..
This is a bummer..... 😩 Cyrene's new tool brought some excitement into harvesting. We need more development of this profession not less! Real shame they changed this.

I've been enjoying Cyrene quite a bit more in the last six months or so, but it's not all positive.
The harvesting was great, but they've now made all the trees of one type the same size and thinned them out. At one location the trees are really thin and poor, while another set look stunted. Whatever 'effect' it was that made the leaves red has been removed, and it looks very much less alien now. More like an olive orchard or something.
The crafted box has had an issue and should be back after the patch, they say. The bugged ranger seems fixed, apart from running into a turret. It is known and on the patch list.

Probably everywhere has its ups and downs, but as a pp vu I don't really know what to make of it. Nowhere has me itching to travel there really for now...
EXACTLY!
A PP VU is suppose to be a huge draw to being players exploring the universe, I usually spend a whole day just absorbing the changes, not much here to go with.

New look of the outposts /buildings where terminals are, thumbs up well done, really nice looking !
Looks and feels nice, but this whole area is now bugged, you can't walk, spawn vehicle or do any normal action.

Okay, I wasn't a big fan of the new service center design, but the ability to spawn small vehicles like hoverboards inside the service center makes it 100% worth. Wish I had a broom now, flying around would be super fun. Finally a point scored for functionality enhancement. But yeah, larger vehicles lag a lot near the service centers (do NOT "fix" this by banning vehicles near service centers lol).

do NOT "fix" this by banning vehicles near service centers lol

I would rather have that fix than the game breaking everytime someone spawns a vehicle. Especially problematic when hunting close to a service center

I would rather have that fix than the game breaking everytime someone spawns a vehicle. Especially problematic when hunting close to a service center
I would rather have the developers reject the "do nothing" VS "immediately revoke our cool new functionality as the lowest effort workaround" false dichotomy. There is absolutely no chance of this lag not getting fixed. The only question is how it gets fixed.

"immediately revoke our cool new functionality as the lowest effort workaround"

What makes you think this functionality is a feature rather than a bug?

I find it unlikely that the functionality is not caused by a mistake. Perhaps the new service centers are not considered buildings while the old ones were?

I see no reason at all to leave the functionality in place when it is obviously causing other issues.

If, for whatever reason, the functionality is intended I agree with you

What makes you think this functionality is a feature rather than a bug?

I find it unlikely that the functionality is not caused by a mistake. Perhaps the new service centers are not considered buildings while the old ones were?

I see no reason at all to leave the functionality in place when it is obviously causing other issues.
I mean, it doesn't seem like a bug, but any functionality being unintended is always a possibility. It could also have been intended, but end up being declared a bug retroactively to soften the blow of a decision to remove functionality as a low effort workaround for the lag issue.

I find it a very grim outlook to default to treating new functionality as unintended just in virtue of the fact that we are able do something now that we couldn't before. Functionality enhancement is a major type of development we need, so using historic functionality as a litmus test for evaluating the intentions of current functionality strikes me as incredibly nihilistic.

Back