Entropia Universe Android App Released

Kim are there any plans to make iOS app more like a game not statics cards? I mean in App Store there are awesome 3d games so wondering if you actually will make an attempt to transform real Entropia to iOS?

I am predicting that it's only matter of time. Either smartfones in 2-3 years will be so powerfull then can run CE2 without problems or MA convert it on something else to alow at least simpified mining+hunting.

That would be great add for MA. 1st company ever run regular MMO on mobiles :D

Great App...:yay:

Hey! crafter's need access to... :wise:
- Empty Enhancer Components
- Probes

And the app is not displaying the % on the auction lists, only the quantity is displaying.

Rgd.

Anyone knows if its possible to buy items from TT and if yes how?

Kim are there any plans to make iOS app more like a game not statics cards? I mean in App Store there are awesome 3d games so wondering if you actually will make an attempt to transform real Entropia to iOS?

1.) If MA would start porting Entropia to Android/iOS, it would mean starting from scratch.
2.) MA (just) fired all the good designers.

3.) Also I doubt Project Whitecard is able to port a gigantic MMO, that has way too many keyboard shortcuts on the PC already. Project Whitecard does more or less learning games.

4.) MA wants to make money, not you enjoying a mini 3D version of Entropia that is actually of no use...and could be done cheaper in textmode. ;p

I am predicting that it's only matter of time. Either smartfones in 2-3 years will be so powerfull then can run CE2 without problems or MA convert it on something else to alow at least simpified mining+hunting.

That would be great add for MA. 1st company ever run regular MMO on mobiles :D

There ARE already very well designed MMOs on android phones. Graphics and gameplay are very close to PC already as well. :)

I would work using a streaming service like OnLive or Gaikai.

You can play Crysis on a smartphone using this tech. You'd need good bandwith though, either wireless LAN or 4G.

I wasn't actually aware of such services. But do you know how it works? I mean Developers signs a contract with that service and then Game shows up there ?

I wasn't actually aware of such services. But do you know how it works? I mean Developers signs a contract with that service and then Game shows up there ?

You can test OnLive for yourself if you want. They have several new game demos available. You can play top notch video games at great FPS using crappy laptop with onboard graphic card, phone or tablet.

So basically with such streaming service you don't need to put uber graphic chips in phones or tablets, make quad core phones and so on. Only thing you need is good bandwith.

Yep, something along these lines. And you as an enduser, can buy or rent the game you want to play.

Onlive didn't really turn out that well as a service, due to poor library, and very high requirements for internet connection stability, but it was a great testbed for cloud gaming technology.

You can test OnLive for yourself if you want. They have several new game demos available. You can play top notch video games at great FPS using crappy laptop with onboard graphic card, phone or tablet.

So basically with such streaming service you don't need to put uber graphic chips in phones or tablets, make quad core phones and so on. Only thing you need is good bandwith.

I guess I didn't ask well enough :) Sorry my mistake. What I wanted to ask was how could you play Entropia on that service? Is that possible?

It would work using a streaming service like OnLive or Gaikai.

You can play Crysis on a smartphone using this tech. You'd need good bandwith though, either wireless LAN or 4G.

With a good remote controller, you be able to play eu on a tablet! You have to run Eu on your PC, and you can remote it via a tablet or smartphone, if it fast enough.

I guess I didn't ask well enough :) Sorry my mistake. What I wanted to ask was how could you play Entropia on that service? Is that possible?

MindArk would have to sign some agreement with OnLive same as others have done.

There is also some 3d party software, where you have to use your own hardware to do the streaming. You can theoretically play Entropia already just like previous poster said, using such combo.

Looks and runs great on my new Nexus 4.

Just a suggestion - if the ability to chat with soc members was added I might join a soc just to chat. And if I joined a soc it might just pull me back in.

You can run Bluestacks android emulator on Mac and access Entropia via this new Android app.

Using Android Emulator only to be able to access this Virtual Tycon app is pointless :) (I can just use samsung phone) I'd rather want to play the actually Entropia from my mac, cause as far as understand those services provide such ability.

JUst love it. hope they add soc chat. then all will be well :yay::wtg:

Can't wait to get home and load it on to my google nexus, wait what am I still doing at work?...time to go :D

How about Windows phones?

Using Android Emulator only to be able to access this Virtual Tycon app is pointless :) (I can just use samsung phone) I'd rather want to play the actually Entropia from my mac, cause as far as understand those services provide such ability.

With this software http://www.streammygame.com you can do the streaming yourself. This one, however, supports windows and linux. Perhaps there are others with Mac support.

Sony bought Gakai recently for 380mil$ and should come up with some improved game streaming system soon. Microsoft is rumored to do the same. Don't know why Mindark hasn't considered this option yet and sign a deal with some provider. It would basically allow access to Entropia on all platforms: Smartphones, Tablets, Linux, Mac and so on. Sure, some app does provide some functionality but doesn't offer the full package.

Maybe MA wasn't aware there is such possibility. I had absolutely no idea it is actually possible to run some game on some servers and stream the results of the game back to your tv for instance and play this way like you were playing on your personal PC.

I hope MA will look into it because I'm pretty sure it opens some doors for entropia. I would use it for sure even if I have to pay some monthly fee or whatever.

Onlive is a pretty cool service, and I must say it worked quite well for me. I was able to play through the entirety of Borderlands using a mouse and keyboard with no problems, so the tech is pretty good.

However, there needs to be quite a few servers set up around the world, and fast servers too. Onlive had to set up deals with many of the leading ISPs because of the amount of data being sent over the wires. And this year, Onlive essentially went into bankruptcy, so running this type of service is not cheap.

This is certainly something that Mindark is no where near ready to tackle. Maybe in the distant future when the technology becomes cheaper AND if MA is still in business they might consider it. But right now, I would rather MA focus on their core business model and get that healthy again before they start trying to make investments in cloud gaming.

Maybe MA wasn't aware there is such possibility. I had absolutely no idea it is actually possible to run some game on some servers and stream the results of the game back to your tv for instance and play this way like you were playing on your personal PC.

I hope MA will look into it because I'm pretty sure it opens some doors for entropia. I would use it for sure even if I have to pay some monthly fee or whatever.

MA is ignorant and maybe lazy, but not stupid. MA started xfire for example. You can be sure that they are fully aware of streaming. But how do you want to comfortably control your avatar on a small tablet or even a smartphone ? It sucks !

Want to take your keyboard and mouse with you all the time ? Or your wiimote ? ;)

Even if you have fast internet, "old" Laptops have their limits on HD video streaming as well. Easier to install entropia and play on low settings and no need to send your login data and goldcard codes through the net using the streaming service...or an android app that is in pre-alpha stage...

MA is ignorant and maybe lazy, but not stupid. MA started xfire for example. You can be sure that they are fully aware of streaming. But how do you want to comfortably control your avatar on a small tablet or even a smartphone ? It sucks !

Want to take your keyboard and mouse with you all the time ? Or your wiimote ? ;)

Even if you have fast internet, "old" Laptops have their limits on HD video streaming as well. Easier to install entropia and play on low settings and no need to send your login data and goldcard codes through the net using the streaming service...or an android app that is in pre-alpha stage...

Tablets and smartphone is one thing, but you keep forgetting about the most popular computer in USA and this is imac nad mini mac. I'd like to run EU on those computers (although I'm not from us :)). You can not install eu even with lowest settings on those machines and thats a shame. But I must admint I already see apple conference with MA worker playing Entropia on iPad. You might thing controlling would be complicated but I don't see a problem there really. With accelerator you could easly control ava with tablet. Lets just say there are awesome helicopter simulators. But thats a different story. The bottom line is EU on MAC would be awesome.

Tablets and smartphone is one thing, but you keep forgetting about the most popular computer in USA and this is imac nad mini mac. I'd like to run EU on those computers (although I'm not from us :)). You can not install eu even with lowest settings on those machines and thats a shame. But I must admint I already see apple conference with MA worker playing Entropia on iPad. You might thing controlling would be complicated but I don't see a problem there really. With accelerator you could easly control ava with tablet. Lets just say there are awesome helicopter simulators. But thats a different story. The bottom line is EU on MAC would be awesome.

Avatar movement and aiming on a pad is one thing. I still prefer mouse and keyboard for playing precise. :p

And what about all the fastkeys and menus, like switching items in less then a second, accessing inventory, switch to the chat in combat...naawww thats just too much hectic movements on a touchscreen Id say. :)

I dont say it is not possible, but it will defenitly not boost your gaming expierience. ;)

I remember threads about entropia on mac...using vmware or something like that. Or use something like bootcamp to install windows 7 on your mac... and then maybe write a tutorial for other mac users here on the forum. Maybe you are the choosen one ?

And even if its not working, I had fun installing snow-leopard on my old laptop. :)

Or use something like bootcamp to install windows 7 on your mac...

Yee it is like buying a ferrari and limit your speed to 60. It is possible but what is the point of it ? :) I actually used to have winXP on bootcamp but deinstalled it because I found out I barely restarted systems in order to play EU. If I had to do that I choosed to not play EU.

:duh: Cant believe i am so late in checking this out..

Downloaded on Note and its working perfectly.

:thumbup: for MA!!

I would like to see it work on an ipad i have a keyboard that works just fine for my ipad.Getyup!

Really cool!! Im crafting some Larged striped cotton fabric textrues on my phone with mats i bought on auction, on my phone! :clap:

Avatar movement and aiming on a pad is one thing. I still prefer mouse and keyboard for playing precise. :p

And what about all the fastkeys and menus, like switching items in less then a second, accessing inventory, switch to the chat in combat...naawww thats just too much hectic movements on a touchscreen Id say. :)

I dont say it is not possible, but it will defenitly not boost your gaming expierience. ;)

I remember threads about entropia on mac...using vmware or something like that. Or use something like bootcamp to install windows 7 on your mac... and then maybe write a tutorial for other mac users here on the forum. Maybe you are the choosen one ?

And even if its not working, I had fun installing snow-leopard on my old laptop. :)

Maybe hunting and pvp won't be very suitable for phones and tablets, though I see no problem in doing some mining, socializing, trading or crafting.

Back