Info: Entropia Universe Partnership - Active & friendly society required for 'The MMO Gaming Network' members to join.

Status

Viperstrike

Stalker
Banned
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
Introducing The MMO Gaming Network

Forum Link > www.mmogamingnetwork.com

Hi All,

Allow me to introduce to you The MMO Gaming Network, a starting effort between three online gaming guild leaders who have a very similar mindset when it comes to running online gaming guilds/societies.

The philosophy is quite simple - Play when you want and how you want, be mindful and respectful of your fellow guild/society members and most of all, Have FUN!

Launching on the 1st of July this year, we come from a very large online gaming base of several hundred active members whom for the most part play multiple online games.

We are looking to extend our reach and Entropia Universe has been selected as one of the lateral games that members of 'The MMO Gaming Network' wish to try out.

In saying lateral, we mean that which is vastly different from most MMO games in offering a real cash economy element.

Introducing myself

My Entropia Universe gaming name prior to my current, which is 'Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike' was 'Firesparkz Sparkz Lavawalker'.

I first initially joined Entropia Universe as part of a work project back in 2007, then due to unfortunate circumstances at the time which ended up seeing myself retired, I shut down my account in 2010 post VU10 the major cry2 update.

About a year later, I created 'Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike' as I still do enjoy the game very much when it is affordable for me to play.

What 'The MMO Gaming Network' is looking for

We are looking to partner with an active and friendly society in Entropia Universe that is able to take on members of 'The MMO Gaming Network' and help them through the basics of starting out.

It shall not be a lot of work that needs to be invested into each individual to help them get started as we will be writing some basic guides on our forums of what is needed to get started.

I will also dedicate some of my own time to help people start out. In saying that I also will become a member of the society chosen to represent Entropia Universe.

What you will receive when partnering with 'The MMO Gaming Network'

We have already created a dedicated forums area with sub-forums for the Entropia Universe on our forums which are temporarily hidden until a suitable partner can be found.

One representative from the society, most likely the leader, will become a designated partner of the network with all the forum partnership permissions to successfully setup your area of the forums how you like.

You will also have access to our dedicated TeamSpeak 3 server with a separate dedicated area to Entropia Universe, of which we currently have 75 dedicated ports and looking to increase capacity as the need grows.

Your society members will be welcomed into 'The MMO Gaming Network' to play in any of the other partnered MMO games and visa versa, our current members will be welcomed into your society.

Future considerations

We are in planning stages at this point in time, however that being said, we are looking to sponsor a split between current members of 'The MMO Gaming Network' and new participants to Entropia Universe with fiscal aid in the form of a starter kit valued up to 100 PED to help them get underway.

We are also looking to sponsor the society leader (potentially) to cover any unseen costs to ensure the new members joining the society get off on the right foot with their mentorship program.

If the above interests you, please drop me a PM on this forum, or feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Thanks for listening,
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
The MMO Gaming Network - www.mmogamingnetwork.com

Last edited:
Hi,

As a quick update, even though you may post your interest in this thread or via PM; it will be handy for seriously interested parties to have a headset (mic) to speak live with us (the other partners of The MMO Gaming Network and myself) on our Teamspeak server.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

Thanks in Advance,
Viperstrike

We should chat.

We should chat.

Hi Magyar,

I am usually on 10am - 10pm AEST which equates to UTC 00:00 to 12:00 if I have the conversion right.

I will send you the details via PM for our TS3 chat server access too.

Let us meet first in Entropia for a quick chat to make sure the partners are online, then continue on TS3.

Thanks for the interest so far,
Still looking for suitable partners to chat to.

Cheers,
Viper

Best of luck splitter. ;)

Viper is a great guy and longstanding Entropian, and whilst a partner is not how we do things in our society, if it sounds attractive, hear what he has to say - Viper is not short of ideas! :)

Maybe I have a faulty recollection of the facts, but isn't a soc limited to 200 members? If that's true, how could a good soc adopt your "several hundred" members?

Maybe I have a faulty recollection of the facts, but isn't a soc limited to 200 members? If that's true, how could a good soc adopt your "several hundred" members?

Hi Neil,

Even though our gaming base thus far consists of several hundred active gamers, that many would not be coming through the door to play the game at once. I would say a good 5% to 10% would be interested.

That would be a good 30 to 60 people who would at least try out the game and hopefully half that stay on with playing it.

Entropia Universe is an acquired taste and not a taste that suits everyone.

However that being said we are in the process of looking for new partnerships with other MMO games every 3 months, so our player base will grow and with that so will the number of likely candidates that comes with these new games that wish to give Entropia Universe a go.

eg. currently released games like Aion, WoW; and new MMOs such as The Repopulation, Elder Scrolls Online, Everquest Next once released this/next year.

With the intent to sponsor those who wish to try out Entropia 100 PED each, we will be looking at 20 people per month at most, 2000 PED worth. This will ensure that there is not a rush through the door of new people.

We are currently in talks with our sponsor for a split sponsorship arrangement, 50% for 'The MMO Gaming Network' members which I will sponsor myself and 50% new participants to planet Calypso which will be covered by another sponsor.

This will also ensure a balance is created, that not all the new members are from 'The MMO Gaming Network' established playerbase, but also those whom have joined Entropia Universe, planet Calypso through other means.

So in a nutshell, we will be looking to cater for a maximum of 20 people per month. 10 MMO network & 10 new Calypso participants.

Cheers,
Viper

Good News,

I have been speaking to a few people and it looks like we "may" have a second sponsor. We will only take on one sponsor, as we will commit to the sponsor's planet in bringing in more participants over time; So let the sponsorship race begin :wise:

On another note, we are considering creating a dedicated society "The MMO Gaming Network" if a suitable partner society can not be found. (Temporarily created to reserve the name at this stage)

We would prefer an established society to partner with, however if the task demands dedicated one to be created, so be it.

We are still looking to chat to prospective partners for this undertaking, so please, even if it is early stages for your society being a potential, leave a message in the thread to express the potential interest.

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
# UPDATE #

To all whom have responded so far on the forums, Thankyou!

It seems we are struggling to find a suitable partner society at this stage as we are hitting various brick walls. Namely that including a conflict of interest, or where services such as personalized independent society forums and/or team speak are already setup.

For the time being, we have created "The MMO Gaming Network" society in Entropia Universe to provide us with an avenue to promote this offering to the network and newcomers of the selected planet sponsor.

We are up to various stages in talks with all three major planet partners for sponsorship.
MindArk for Calypso, The A-Team for Arkadia and the C-Team for Cyrene.

Since there will be a level of dedication involved, it may be best that the founders of 'The MMO Gaming Network' handle this.

Therefore at this point in time, unless there is a society whom believe can take on such a role, I will head up 'The MMO Gaming Network' society in Entropia Universe and have the other partners of the network help out in a support role to aid with the task at hand.

I would like to again thank all whom have contacted us so far.

For the time being, I will request this thread to be closed.
Please PM me if you have any questions or wish to discuss anything raised in this thread.

The discussion shall continue at this location, post wise;

Link > http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...ety-required-for-the-mmo-gaming-network.9292/

Status
Back