Entropia Universe Unreal - Preview of HUD UI

Status
Honestly, players have this huge feeling of defeat from days before..It is a more "Why Bother" attitude. I seen returns amd stats
The botting has gotten out of control along with 3rd part programs.

Is very disheartening to be honest.

Like why bother? 😔
Agreed!!! couldnt have said it better.

Looks good, I see the dot still lives!
The only thing I would stress to include in this UI is proper scaling.
I play on a 60 inch OLED, proper scaling of UI elements is impossible in current state.
And is critical for games in today's age to be able to conform to the massive screen differences of today.

Looks good, I see the dot still lives!
The only thing I would stress to include in this UI is proper scaling.
I play on a 60 inch OLED, proper scaling of UI elements is impossible in current state.
And is critical for games in today's age to be able to conform to the massive screen differences of today.
That is not gaming monitor, nor is Apple pc gaming pc etc. So no need to make any major time waste on adjusting if it's not option available by default in UE.

Geese forgo you fans like to bite hard lol. Doesn't mater if it's a gaming monitor. TV or regular monitor. What forgo is trying to say is that the game engine is so old it doesn't scale with anything of current tech. I use TV's for my monitors bc I like them more then game monitors. The only significant difference is screen quality. There are a lot of big game oled game monitors out there but I'm poor so I buy cheap tvs. The game does not scale well simply bc it's a dead game engine.

You are totally wrong.
MA is convinced that we have to play on 1024x768 pixel monitors like Day One in 2002 only.

Last edited:
I just hope they fix the macroing/botting and Bugs because there are some stupid bugs that have been around for Years. New stuff is kool but polishing is first and formost.
Well it looks like there trying to make us reload. Maybe thats there plan for combating bots? As if a bot can't see (0/100 = R button)

The game works fine on a Samsung G9 32:9 monitor so I dunno what any of you are talking about. It scales better than most games. Wear some glasses maybe

Last edited:
This is my screen, I see fine. Text is almost too large for my liking I would like to shrink it more. I am not kidding.

You should probably wear some glasses if you have issues with the UI. My radar takes less than 1% of my screen and I have no problems.

l8JSsNs.jpg

Game looks great at this resolution and I am amazed it supports super ultra wide in the first place.

Your resolution has a lower height than 4K has, so everything in your screen is taller and wider than in 4K.
Your resolution only adds width at a lower height.

BTW:
8K is already around the corner.

Stop making jokes about other people's disabilities. You're just showing your own inferiority.

Last edited:
He didn't say anything about size of letters just the scaling sucks lol. My point is the scaling warps and looks weird from what it should. I have perfect vision. I can read sim cards 🙂

My radar t
He didn't say anything about size of letters just the scaling sucks lol. My point is the scaling warps and looks weird from what it should. I have perfect vision. I can read sim cards 🙂
on my curved monitor the warping works perfectly and looks great imo.

Your resolution has a lower height than 4K has, thus everything in your screen is taller and wider than in 4K.
Your resolution only adds width at a lower height.

BTW:
8K is already around the corner.

Stop making jokes about other people's disabilities. You're just showing your own inferiority.
What jokes? I would probably prefer it at 8k resolution. I like small text it’s cleaner

There's no need to bully each other, there are industry standards re progression of resolution, view distance, scaling etc. Probably somewhere in the world there is somebody able to play on a cinema screen while standing right next to it, that means exactly zero in terms of UI design.

Current game looks much better than this screenshot in my opinion. Get rid of the F key and people may care about graphics, as it stands right now you could make the game look like minecraft and people probably would not even notice..

Current game looks much better than this screenshot in my opinion. Get rid of the F key and people may care about graphics, as it stands right now you could make the game look like minecraft and people probably would not even notice..
[F] Controls - Botting
Instances - Botting
Lifesteal - Botting
Auto Loot Pets / Rings - Botting
Non Punishment of exploits during events..... You get the idea.

If you aren't Botting, then maybe this 'game' left you (and many of us veteran players) behind some time ago.

Roll on the macro people, they dont chat so much and tend to post only when they have something to sell.

[F] Controls - Botting

Non Punishment of exploits during events..... You get the idea.
If you aren't Botting, then maybe this 'game' left you (and many of us veteran players) behind some time ago.

Imo a possible way to deal with the BOT-problem is to silently penalise their Loots : recently MindArk has signed a partnership with an Artificial Intelligence Company (I talked about that months ago), and IMO that might help creating future algorithms to classify genuine Players, and illegal BOTs : then the BOTs might receive a Hidden Penalty in their Loots.

That's a possible solution to the BOT-problem.

Paul

Last edited:
Responses to this so far have been about botting, which I agree needs tackling seriously.
On the subject of graphics for people actually at the keyboard, I also agree that the F key is one of the biggest killers of immersion in the game.
One of the only things preventing me from simply 'effing' away my time is that it is usually lower on kills per hour for low mobs. If I were to hunt bigger stuff, then I may be more bored anyway and just hit F almost without even looking.

I am one of those who plays more for the behind the scenes depth and not graphical depth. I play on about 20W consumption. I hope this will be possible with UE5 too, regardless of what the top end looks like!
What do other people have as consumptions at the moment? I'm genuinely interested.

Has anything been said about some type of new "reload" mechanic? People have asked what the extra 77/100 and 96/100 thing is on this UI in the OP???? I only ask now since it has been a while with very little information, and with the buff icon updates that came today I am a little worried they may be gutting the way the guns work in game???(I hope I am wrong)

I beg you, please do not change reload mechanics or how guns operate in any manor, it would be a big mistake.

BUMP for clarification on this
Who cares so long as they keep the relative reload rates, aka if a gun with 88 attacks per minute is still twice as fast as a gun with 44 attacks per minute then who cares how the end results are displays or worked out the gun still is still reflective of its speed that way and doesn’t lose any relative value for you for the first week or so maybe you could have it be done on Monday

Who cares so long as they keep the relative reload rates, aka if a gun with 88 attacks per minute is still twice as fast as a gun with 44 attacks per minute then who cares how the end results are displays or worked out the gun still is still reflective of its speed that way and doesn’t lose any relative value for you for the first week or so maybe you could have it be done on Monday
I think he is worried that a manual user input will be required to reload the weapon after 100 shots. We want clarification that this is NOT the case and this number means something else.

This game is a simple slots clicker, not a first person shooter, and it needs to remain that way.

I'm not paying a lot of attention to this thread because once I've sold my stuff I'm not playing any more, but I wanted to say that if I was continuing, this sounds like it would be a 100% guaranteed killer blow for me. One of the things I liked about EU is that, unlike a lot of games, I could succeed in it without requiring any real finger dexterity. When you've had every tendon and nerve in your wrist severed, you tend not to be very good at that sort of thing.

I acknowledge that you "are aware" but I'm not convinced you realise how important this is in a game where every tiny difference in knowledge or ability can be the difference between success and failure.

This isn't just me by any means. EU has an older demographic than most MMO games, as you know, and there any many players who have mobility issues, disabilities etc who this is likely to adversely affect.
I'm just quoting this because I think it deserves repeating.

More nostalgia, less progress!!! Bring back one click one shot era!!!

Hi all!

I wanted to share the early work in progress for our Entropia Universe Unreal HUD UI. The important thing for us in this stage is to define a style, how easy it is to read and placement. You will also see some bonus elements in this image the Setesh Moon test environments early stages, a creature in action plus more ;).

Would love to hear what you think about this!

index.php

Disclaimer: Pre-Alpha Development, Not final
Just pulled this off the web and I am sure MA understands PDCA but want to give some context:
Use the PDCA cycle when:
  • Starting a new improvement project
  • Developing a new or improved design of a process, product, or service
  • Defining a repetitive work process
  • Planning data collection and analysis in order to verify and prioritize problems or root causes
  • Implementing any change
  • Working toward continuous improvement

There has been plenty of feedback on the graphics, the HUD and the UI, I have not read all the pages and pages of post. However, I have read all of your responses.

I believe MA should to take the most conservative approach to rolling out the unreal engine. Please do not feel they need to make major updates to gameplay or interface, at this time.
Please do not try to too much in one roll out, take you time and start with just the graphical upgrade.
I see nothing wrong with working on all the items but please roll out the graphics update first (Mob, outpost, towns/cities, continents and building etc.) Below is the approach I see fit after the new graphics roll out. Everything else I believe should follow only after carefully considering player voice; too much at once and out voice gets distorted with abundance of noise and then lost. Below is a method I think will allow our input and create a gameplay your player base actually wants; example:

1 Unreal Engine 1.1) After the new graphic upgrade start with something very simple, avatar customization and the beauty profession. New graphics mean literally new avatar looks and nothing goes better with that then the beauty profession.
2 Unreal Engine 1.2) Look scanning profession and see if there is something quick and easy you can roll out for this change (scanning should come with a lot more information than it does, see what else we can add to this)
3 Unreal Engine 1.3) Interface/Hud changes that take the only above two into account
4 Unreal Engine 1.4) Feedback loop. Put out a poll/vote system that allows the for the voice of the player (VOP) aspect and then cycle PDCA.

Graphics, UI/HUD, Feedback/poll and then cycle PDCA (VOP) for each of the professions. I honestly feel that the player base appreciates if you take it slow, roll out this out in sections and gather their feedback (PDCA), opposed to a roll out with a big bunch of changes that will inevitably disenfranchise many players, game styles, societies and in game businesses. MA should and can work on all aspect of the update at once (you can walk and chew gum at the same time) but roll out more incrementally, controlled and concise a manner.

Status
Back