Help: Entropia Universe Using Too much GPU

Athal

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Aranthir Athal Lander
Hello,

I have high usage of GPU with Entropia Universe.

This happened before and there was a quick fix:

Usually goes around 50% on Medium, 78% to 98% on High, 20% on Low, and 15% on safe mode.

Entropia Universe starts eating gpu like crazy

Specs
Windows 10 64 bit
Ryzen 5 1600
16 GB DDR4 1066 hz
Harddrive is 256 GB M2
Sapphire RX 480 Sapphire 4gb

Let me know if it would be a good idea to get a new card or do something else.

Thanks in advance

Sapphire RX 480 Sapphire 4gb
Yeah probably time to look for a new gpu...

In the meantime make sure all your fans are not clogged with dust :D

True shit.

Same here on a 2gb GPU card laptop. got to have an extra cooling fan to help heat dissipate or else.. especially mining with the generating of the landscape being constant.

Support gave me the uninstall/install treatment.. best they could do :p

In my testings what keeps my PC from freezing and crashing is keeping some settings on low. Such as,

- Physics quality
- Post processign amount
- Texture quality
- Volumetric effects quality

If I up one of these my PC crashes at some point cause of heat.

True shit.

Same here on a 2gb GPU card laptop. got to have an extra cooling fan to help heat dissipate or else.. especially mining with the generating of the landscape being constant.

Support gave me the uninstall/install treatment.. best they could do :p

In my testings what keeps my PC from freezing and crashing is keeping some settings on low. Such as,

- Physics quality
- Post processign amount
- Texture quality
- Volumetric effects quality

If I up one of these my PC crashes at some point cause of heat.
My old computer (10+ years last Feb.) I maybe play on half the time now has a card maybe a little bit slower than the OP. You pretty much have to go through individual settings like that rather than setting everything to high. All the ones you mention I keep relatively low since they really don't add much for me except that I bump up texture quality a bit. It still takes a long time to load at login. My new computer though has a Radeon RX 6600 XT, which isn't anything super expensive, but EU loads up so quickly with next to no lag now when I'm on that one.

Last edited:
Let me know if it would be a good idea to get a new card or do something else.
I spent a few hours on youtube looking at gfx cards reviews recently, and if you're looking to upgrade, the general consensus among tech geeks appears to be the 6700xt is the best bang for buck. ~300 bucks and performs about the same as a 4060ti ($400) while also having 12gb vram vs 8gb on the 4060ti.

Entropia uses onboard Intel motherboard GPU by default. If you haven't changed settings in AMD adreline then onboard GPU will be used.
Considering he is running an AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU, I doubt this to be the case.

For OP... If EU is the only game you play then you really can get away with something like a GTC 1650. For futureproofing I would suggest something like the Radeon 6650XT or newer. As usual the more VRAM the better.

If anyone could point in the settings file what line I need to change to 0 (zero) so I can disable the ground vegetation completely it would help a lot those with potato PCs.

In some areas, as soon as some specific ground veggys show up the FPS loss is like 50% or more on potato PC and 10% in a good spec PC.

Disabling these veggys would fix the issue of overheating and FPS in potato PCs.

I play on low settings and my 5600g integrated graphics work fine, fan doesn't even ramp up.

Back