Entropia Universe & Vista Please Help

Sal

Alpha
Society
Rampant Rabbitts
SALLY SAL BRIDGES
Right I know this is probably going to get shot down in flames but I have bought Windows vista home premium and installed it ( I previosly had vista business from work ) when checking EU with the business pre final vista release all was well. NOW in the final home premium bugs with EU have appeared.

I have tried changing all the things I can think off but still have the following bugs, If you have managed to solve these then can you let me know. Info on machine and Vista settings is below to help for Diagnostics

1) The most really annoying one is been thrown out of the universe when you are killed - compleatly locks out back ti the vista screen with aero showing the cpu running at 100% with the entropia client running 100% so you have to start up task manager and close - REALLY ANNOYING

2) Sometimes whilst running around populated areas then this can cause problems and the EU client crashes out and then wants to send bug fixes to MA

These are my main ones that I have a lot of issues.

I am using a Toshiba Qosmio E10 / 1GB Memory / Latest Nvidea Forceware Drivers.

Vista.

User account control is turned off and so the Universe runs as adminsitrator.

If any one can hepl with this then please post up your workarounds as I am yet to find one.

Disable sound in client loader. It should fix "killcrash".. I assume reason is related somehow with audiodriver.. Had same problem in Vista.

Maybe some new cheap soundcard help you out (if things wont improve in time)...but new soundcard carrying same chipset as your previous already in PC is no help.

People who dont have issues with crashing after death while playing EU in Vista environment, could you post your soundcard types/chipsets?

Back