Event Areas

JackFree

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Jakob JackFree Freelancer
I think the event system is a really good idea, but I have some questions.

Using the LAs for event areas is great, but what about an event area in noob country? I am trying to organise a noob event and hoped the new system would help. But it seems the event areas are difficult for noobs to get to (Fort Ithaca bar and the catwalk north of Nymphtown). Unless they are arriving there now its not really noob country.

Is there an event area somewhere in the noob triangle? That is Port Atlantis, Billy's, Camp Phoenix, and Zychion.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Or maybe there could be an open area designated for noob events:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Maybe someone could provide a list of all available event areas aside from the land areas. The MA website only mentions Fort Ithaca and Nymphtown.

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

I hope you won't concider this hijack'ing the thread, but another question in the lines of event areas would be How do we know when we are within the event area while participating?

I got an info message in my message center in Ithaca yesterday, telling me than an event in this area would take place within the next hour.

But as a participant in e.g. a "most loot wins" contest, will I a.) have to hunt in the area where I sign up? and b.) will I get the info message when entering and leaving the event area like the messages we get when entering and leaving land areas on Amethera?

Thanks Vedder, do you know what part or area of Zychion is an EA? I guess I will go and look. :)

What I would like is MA to publish a bit more detail as to the EA locations. Maybe even include EAs on the map, like the PVP areas.

Wolf Grey, no problem, I would also be interested in answers to the questions you posted. :)

just found this thread by Einstein that helps explain the event system.

Events explained...

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a n00b event and was looking at creating one the thing I think that needs to occur though is

Either a low entry fee in which case a lot must participate for you to be able to make any money back, at say 1ped you need at least 40 entrants to join to break even and then that doesnt include any prizes,

Some pre runs to Zychion, so people can register, in advance to the event. I would be happy to try and help run some people to Zychion as its a route I often take, well from PA to Billie's, CP and then Zychion.

If the price is too high I dont think many n00bs will want to join, and I think the hardest part you will have is finding the right price that will get you enough money back to break even with the amount of entrants that are realisticly likey to join.

One of the concerns I had after reading a thread here was that the areas surrounding the event zones are small, I am not to sure wheter this is the case but if you can only hunt inside a zychion, or moving outside of the event zone means that kills do not count??? Im not sure about this though.
One place I have thought to be very good is TI everyone has it :D the only problem is that TI does not have many n00b friendly mobs, but maybe if you chat with Dethfier then he could arrange for some snables/exa's or Daiks to be put in an area for this purpose. I think then you would be able to get a high amount of participants and have a lower entrance fee, with maybe a relativly small cash prize or some n00b items, fap-5's pixie/goblin.

Well thats just my 2 pec intresting to hear any other ideas.

rotten ice said:
I really like the idea of a n00b event and was looking at creating one the thing I think that needs to occur though is

Either a low entry fee in which case a lot must participate for you to be able to make any money back, at say 1ped you need at least 40 entrants to join to break even and then that doesnt include any prizes,

Some pre runs to Zychion, so people can register, in advance to the event. I would be happy to try and help run some people to Zychion as its a route I often take, well from PA to Billie's, CP and then Zychion.

If the price is too high I dont think many n00bs will want to join, and I think the hardest part you will have is finding the right price that will get you enough money back to break even with the amount of entrants that are realisticly likey to join.

One of the concerns I had after reading a thread here was that the areas surrounding the event zones are small, I am not to sure wheter this is the case but if you can only hunt inside a zychion, or moving outside of the event zone means that kills do not count??? Im not sure about this though.
One place I have thought to be very good is TI everyone has it :D the only problem is that TI does not have many n00b friendly mobs, but maybe if you chat with Dethfier then he could arrange for some snables/exa's or Daiks to be put in an area for this purpose. I think then you would be able to get a high amount of participants and have a lower entrance fee, with maybe a relativly small cash prize or some n00b items, fap-5's pixie/goblin.

Well thats just my 2 pec intresting to hear any other ideas.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I actually want to do an event for noobs for the purpose of giving away the Pixie and goblin armor that i have collected and was donated by generous people. I don't want to make a profit, i just want to make a few noobs happy. :D

I was thinking that it could be free or if it has to have ticket price, then a few PEC maybe. Zychion seems like a good place as it is easy to get to for noobs. I will have to go see the event system for myself to decide.

I do appreciate the feedback though... :D

Zychion is the best, many noobs have it(like me). And it has way less lag!

Back