- Jul 21, 2009
- Guess Who
- Avatar Name
- Xavier Jr Riquelme
When I was a child, I spake as a child, thought like a child, I reasoned like a child, but when I became a man, I left childish things" (The Bible)
When a player has not had a mentor in the game, or just had someone who pretended to be, but he had only a very basic level of knowledge of the game; this player will fall, inevitably, within an evolutionary process as a player, very similar to this:
1. Stage I: Gambler
2. Stage II: The game has something strange
3. Stage III: The game is amazing!
Stage I: Gambler
At this stage, the player generally believed that Entropia Universe is a virtual casino or lottery. It is enough do much the same activity to earn something good some day. It is believed that winning is only a matter of luck. Frequently, It is known that a close friend from him, has received a good thing in the game, and it is hoped that some day he will find something equivalent.
Stage II: The game has something strange
At this stage, after the player has tried "everything" (read as: he has practiced the same activity as crazy) to reach the big loot, but without makes his dreams as reality. However, it also took time to appreciate that there are some players with the ability to receive big loot and not only once if not several. Then the player understand that Entropia Universe is NOT a gambling game. However, he often thinks: exists a “black hand” which is behind at all, and which decides who wins and who loses. At this stage the player becomes suspicious and believes the game has something rare, rare and bad.
Stage III: The game is amazing
This last stage in the evolution of the player is achieved when the player, that belongs to phase II, decides study and investigate the game seriously, through the use of reason, common sense and intelligence. Then, he participates in all forums, learn to distinguish the chaff from the dust. He choose knowledges, and analyze, test, evaluate and conclude. When the player has enough quality to understand the general logic of the game, reaches to this conclusion: Entropia Universe is a amazing game. Then their loot will be improved, and he becomes a classic example of winner, that everybody will know about him.
The above model, about the evolution of a player, explains, in general terms but no less valid for that reason, the states that "the colonists" usually passes through his life inside the Entropia Universe.
Now I will try to describe the different levels of game participants, and why, we should not compare ourselves to others when we are waiting for the loot.
One of the things that I emphasize to try to explain the behavior of Entropia Universe is common sense. And that's what I will use to explain the next parts, also.
When someone comes to the game, and staying within the game, it falls into one of two categories. Or, it is a player who never puts money into the game, or it is a depositor player. Furthermore, players can deposit money from only $ 10 per year, to $ 50 000 per year or more.
Depending on the above and with more reason if belongs to evolutionary stages I or II, the player should have the following behavior:
a) If you never have deposited anything in the game, but has enjoyed the entertainment, then, be grateful. And if at any moment things are not going so good as you'd like, you must take it with humor from sports. It's just a game, win or lose is not really important. What matters are the friends and compete.
b) If you have deposited in the game only small amounts of money, which could be equivalent that charged by other games (For example the religious $ 15 per month from WOW: $ 180 per year). Then, if at some moment, things are not going so good as you'd like, take it easy, under this reasoning: I am paying for an entertainment service that I am receiving. Mindark´s people work to live. I am paying for fun.
c) If you have deposited in the game a lot of money, then you belongs to the only real category entitled to claim, because very bad returns of money. However, before doing so, should review its own rate of return (based on TT). This, because we know the game is an entertainment service; and exist people who have taken the trouble to measure this rate (at EF), and they found that return rate is equivalent to 90% of everything we play in the game with respect to its value TT ( decay and bullets and / or bombs used). Then, this means, that if we do not know how play the game, and dont put attention at the market values of the things that we want to win, and spend much more than this amount, we are just doing gambling, and also means, that all money that we deposit in the game after 4 or 10 recyclings will disappears at all.
Finally I recommend you read the forums such as PlanetCalypso Forum. But, if you belongs to evolutionary level players I or II; firstly, must understand the following:
Participants of the forums can be classified into four categories. To simplify the explanation of each category, I will associate each category to a cartoon character, or anime television series, that everybody meets:
1) Fred Flinstone forumers: Those who are thrilled when they received a big loot and just thinking their magical lucky is the cause; or those, who are crying uncontrollably if they lose, then showing their tantrums without further substance.
2) McGyver forumers: Those who have points of view associated with the use of practical behaviours to survive in the game. Practical solutions, that often explain, such as using common sense to practice the game (example. If you obtained a good loot on that day, then, continue with your activities; but if you do not get loot, then, you must not play, because it is better to wait another moment). They are not interested in the assumptions or theories.
3) Dexter´s Laboratory forumers: Those who are interested in the understanding of the game. Normally, in real life, these players belongs to university environment. They make hypothesis, collecting data, processing of information, analyzed and give explanation to the results. Mostly, users of the forum are complicated to understand their hipothesis, and the "Flintstones" often make jokes about them (of course, due to their own internal frustrations and personal limits.)
4) Michelle Nostradamus, forumers: Those who foretell that everything will be wrong, and that the disaster is upon us. Using data from bad trends, players of this type foreshadow the approaching end of the game. This kind of forum members, mostly, belongs to evolutionary stage II.
Well after all above. I recommend you: Open your eyes and your ears, whenever players MacGyver or Dexter have said something in the forums. Although you do not understand what they are saying, you must copy their hipothesis in your notebook. Then reflect on it. Because the source of knowledge of the game, usually are players of this types. This is the way, as a player II may eventually become a player of type III.
See original post here