Suggestion: Exchange Anything (Except UA) for Shrapnel Option in Trade Terminal

Exchange Anything (Except UA) for Shrapnel in TT Terminal?

• Total voters

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
In light of numerous recent conversations regarding avatar bound items, the affect of nanocubes on markup, and the overall problem of loot balancing, I propose a simple solution.

Add an additional tab to the Trade Terminal which allows any item, including avatar-bound items (except universal ammo), to be exchanged for their equal TT value in Shrapnel.

This would give all players the ability to get out of avatar-bound items which may be hogging up (entire planetary) storages, gives hunters the ability to reclaim something when they loot TT-food, and creates a TT-for-TT swap for a resource which can either be re-TT'd later for cash, or exchanged for Universal Ammo which then must be expended - creating revenue for MA.

A poll has been added to gauge community sentiment.

A system for this would be great, whether it be in the tt or via a new crafted tool, a “scrapper” <insert better name. similar function to a refiner but delivers fresh shrapnel to your inventory.

wrong thread sry

Wealth is not created by welfare , all markup should come from players and not Mindark or PP.
The same as MA and PP should not take mu on mission items . (such as Viceroy armor , another debate).

Loot is sent to the TT when there is not enough demand.

Create demand by creating more uses , such as more consumable products which are crafted out of those materials.

The addition of crafted strongbox keys is the right idea , though a very small start.
Craftable ammunition that carries a small buff could create demand for hunting loot , mining loot , sweaters even crafting loot since shrap is a common output.

Creating consumption from loot is the only natural progression to create demand.

I do agree that bound items should be at least able to be tt'd.

Assuming this happens, the result will be 101% + for each MU in the game. How would it affect the current rate, knowing that MA reduced it through "dynamic rate * personal progression" to balance in-game winnings?

I don't mind if there is such a feature, but if they keep the current level of return. And I don't think this will happen, because this convert comes directly from the pockets of MA, right?

Assuming this happens, the result will be 101% + for each MU in the game. How would it affect the current rate, knowing that MA reduced it through "dynamic rate * personal progression" to balance in-game winnings?

I don't mind if there is such a feature, but if they keep the current level of return. And I don't think this will happen, because this convert comes directly from the pockets of MA, right?

It's only 101% for the people who will convert the shrapnel. For everyone else it's whatever they can sell the shrapnel for.
The 101% conversion rate shouldn't affect MA's rake, since it's a net win for them anyways, as their rake from normal hunting is well over 1%, so every PED of shrapnel that is converted locks in potential rake for MA - as it has to be used to be unlocked.

Loot is sent to the TT when there is not enough demand.

While I agree, I also believe the loot pool is too diverse - a problem developed over decades of developer turnover with many new adding new shit to the table and very little removal of the old.
There really should not be 9+ different oils. There is no need for that in our current system.
There should not be dozens of different ores/enmatters. There is no need for that in our current system.

Overall I think the entire lootpool should be renovated and simplified, but that task is far more complex than I expect MindArk to be motivated to perform. They tend to want the easy way out, the path of least resistance. The ability to convert anything to shrapnel is a quick fix that at least makes it better than the system we have in place right now, while leaving room for some future generation of forward thinking MindArk developers to make the changes which actually need to happen.

That is in general term a cost for MA in term of conversion of shrapnel so it rise eventually
all TTfood things to be paid 1% from MA.
it will not happen.

Pills,fireworks etc from strongboxes can be converted to Universal ammo,maybe the same thing could go for character bound items as a way to get rid of them

while I agree to this, they have to include an item buy back option as well because people are dumb and will accidentally get shrapnel for things that they didn't mean to. So, I vote no unless this condition is met or you are just substituting one problem with a bigger one.

while I agree to this, they have to include an item buy back option as well because people are dumb and will accidentally get shrapnel for things that they didn't mean to. So, I vote no unless this condition is met or you are just substituting one problem with a bigger one.
Agreed, this should not be difficult to implement.

Everyone worried about this extra 1% coming from MA pockets. But when you upgrade items and MA eat hundreds of TT input there is no problem at all. 😂

Plus MA really only loss that extra 1% IF you ever take the money to your bank account (withdrawal).

@Captain Jack I think it's a good idea. Could be trough trade terminal, new options for actual refiners or even a new item like suggested already in this thread. Bound items in a RCE is plain stupid and break the whole concept of the game.

SOrry Fanan for downvoting.. but.. when you upgrade an item via TIERING the TT value of materials is returned in terms of Shrapnels.
you only loose the markup.
same as you turn in to Bill for a viceroy, TT in... Armor out. same TT value.
(you loose MU, but MU is not a matter of Mindark, but is player to player transaction

I like the idea even just to free up storage space. I would love to give the piles of soul bound stuff to new avas, but even just in the tt would be better than wasting space in storage.

SOrry Fanan for downvoting.. but.. when you upgrade an item via TIERING the TT value of materials is returned in terms of Shrapnels.
(you loose MU, but MU is not a matter of Mindark, but is player to player transaction

I was talking about item upgrade like ek-2350 adj, Maddox 4 adj, ep-41 adj, etc
Item upgrade

I would agree for all bound items. But think it wouldn't be the best idea for all items... I can see nubs buying and trading PEDs for shrap and selling with markup, rinse and repleat... Just one problem I see with this...
but it is great idea for all bound items... I still have a few sets of harier armor in storage with no way to get rid of it 🙈

Viceroy mission materials TT cost is 600 peds , whereas the armor set TT is 400 peds.

Arkadia or Mindark is taking a fairly nice mu before player costs , and then making the item account bound.

I would agree for all bound items. But think it wouldn't be the best idea for all items... I can see nubs buying and trading PEDs for shrap and selling with markup, rinse and repleat... Just one problem I see with this...
but it is great idea for all bound items... I still have a few sets of harier armor in storage with no way to get rid of it 🙈
Good catch! That could be fixed by making PED the one thing not able to be put into the terminal.
Or you could just call it a self correcting deficiency, as such manipulation would quickly eliminate the fractional markup available from selling shrapnel anyway.

Back