Exploit in Gold Rush 2023 event cat 04

really hope someone used this to get DQ :D

So atm only mining event is not fucked up (changed rewards 1 week into event) or exploited, or is it? :O

Guess game mechanics also alloweed similar in 2018 Easter mayhem, when MA disqualified many participant due to suspicious activity and/or an impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time.

See here:
https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2018/04/18/1104/index.xml

I would say its a similar case, and if somebody uses this tactic, hopefully with similar result.
yes, moral police team got locked and their scores were cleaned, but they were just "testing" it. Same moral police is doing the same in GR, it seemed weird why they global only on bosses, now i know why.

For a real cash economy, MA/Ark devs sure seem to not spend a lot of time designing/testing their own events...
Mindark*

It's just everyone. No one gives a fuck.

Reactions: Mac
So atm only mining event is not fucked up (changed rewards 1 week into event) or exploited, or is it? :O
No clue how they are doing points. According to some big miners, it seems no rhyme or reason sometimes.

50 points for a poor resin, but then also 1 point for a poor resin.
50 points for size 20, but size 22 is 1k points.

Most likely broken as well, but Ark CM said ":Everythhing is working as intended"

Remembering that they spent days not responding to valid concerns.

You can check mob page, you can use EL.com API, you can check your chat log file if you hunted on Arkadia for a few days, there multiple options for >50 IQ...
I dont use EL software so guess that api and chatlog is out for me. Yes, mob page would be a lot of time, but would work.

No clue how they are doing points. According to some big miners, it seems no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Most likely broken as well, but Ark CM said ":Everythhing is working as intended"

I promise you they won't do anything about any of the "exploits", if it is even that. This company never does.

All the ways that this can be exploited cannot be detected. Way to mess this up - again.

Good luck.

Last edited:
also a quick reminder that the pill exploit is not fixed yet

you need to ad 0 points for size 14 and size 18

Who is doing this exploit > perma banned from all events.

Stop for once being a pussy and take attitude against actual events exploiters.
Sound policy enforcement isn't a matter of flailing around like an ape with the biggest hammer you can swing. There are multiple design goals which should be balanced appropriately.

One important design goal, for example, is to help educate players on how a game's policies apply in practice, since documents alone are not generally comprehensive enough to unambiguously set precise boundaries for every situation that might arise. To this end, after an individual has been investigated and it has been concluded beyond reasonable doubt that they've committed an infraction, giving them a warning and explaining how their action violates the game's policies, in sufficient detail that they should be able to understand how to apply the violated policy better in future cases, is the most natural remedy. Warnings should be temporarily tracked, and if a player gets too many warnings in a short period of time, their penalties do have to become short suspensions, and then short suspensions have to become long suspensions. Education is still a primary goal of the issuing this type of penalty, but incentivizing the player to follow the policy is another goal which must be integrated. Perhaps deleting one "warning/suspension point" from a player's account after every 6 months of the player not committing any new infractions would be a good balance. Of course, for special cases in which MindArk can conclude beyond reasonable doubt that a player has committed a policy violation intentionally and for the sake of gaining an unfair advantage (this type of investigation should always involve transparent communication with the player, not presumptions of their intentions), it is reasonable to move immediately to suspensions.

Don't look to Amazon or social media companies for examples of sound policy enforcement. What they're engaged in is more about brand risk mitigation than justice. They actually make a conscious choice quite often not to tell users why they were suspended, or how to behave more in line with policy in the future, and the trend is moving toward more vague language in their policies rather than more clarity. Their "justice" is getting rid of users on a case-by-case basis if it's good for their business model, not based on the frequency or severity of their infractions. I would look to something like Magic the Gathering tournament policy enforcement as a much better blueprint.

I will chime in here given the new communication given on the Arkadia forum.

You cannot create policies for game mechanics that you created. There are so many different combinations that one could "exploit" (I use this loosely) this that it would be impossible for them to DQ everyone because of the sheer nature of the instance, mechanics, and timers (which are also bugged btw) - for many of the reasons you pointed out. I could go take a poo or have an emergency or take my dogs out for a walk. Suddenly I have some bosses. The fact there is a timer stop is the problem. Blaming the player for clearly not thinking through your designs is gaslighting at its finest and gaslighting because of incompetence.

The only answer here is to abort the hunting event for a later date, when it is fixed and thoroughly thought out.

I am personally tired of this game being never-ending drama because of the company and subsidiaries incompetence. I don't know who does the designs, programming, and quite frankly I don't give a shit whose responsibility it is this time. Fire them and hire someone appropriate. Hire me if you need someone, there is no doubt I could do better. I could polish Rocktropia into a diamond - a miracle upon miracles. If it truly is a Mindark issue that caused this, then I have a much different conversation on that topic.

But... sure as shit don't give us some copy and paste "abuse team mechanics der her derp" answer in your retort that means absolutely nothing considering that you can't enter the instance in a team and in some cases you can't be bothered to not make a solo instance non-shared - you have to keep scamming us with shared loot (even though bosses aren't)... and furthermore days after people already communicated concerns on the get go. If your engines are so antiquated that you are not capable of doing any meaningful events, then just don't - say so - and start a new mantra of UE5 will provide... the engine that you promised us would get weekly updates but haven't told us about in a couple years now.

(Disclaimer, I have only done 2 runs and killed everything)

Last edited:
Surely not! What developer would ever design such an instance using different and independent timers, one for the instance and a separate one for the boss spawning? That would be pure imbecility. I am sure I misunderstood the entire issue.

They already got the mechanics working for mayhem instances with the boss spawning 30 minutes after instance started IF you pass a certain threshold of damage done in those 30 minutes, why they did such a poor job here and leave it open for exploits, well it's mindark, we all got used to them by now, no surprise there. What they will do about this situation is the part none of us know yet so i'm getting my popcorn now.

This is hilarious.

"Here, we have an awesome event for you"

*event starts, time passes*

"Oh by the way, the rewards will not be what we said it would"

"Also, we messed up with the implementation of the event, if you play some other way than we thought you were going to play it then you might receive some sanctions"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I´m not doing any of the 3 categorys.
But , this sounds to me as much exploiting as only hunting/mining/crafting during waves.

I'm mostly surprised that people are still surprised by bugs/exploits anymore, it's like a weekly visit from Belsnickel(MA). Let's see how fucked it gets on tuesday :popcorn:

I´m not doing any of the 3 categorys.
But , this sounds to me as much exploiting as only hunting/mining/crafting during waves.
I can't really tell. From the topic post, it sounded like standing in a specific area somehow manipulates the boss timer, and thereby lets you kill double or triple the number of bosses as via the next most optimal tactic. If the "bug" is just a matter of selectively killing the most point-efficient mobs, then yeah labeling that an exploit is like a morbid abuse of planet partner authority, but that wouldn't explain the stated point math.

welcome to Entropia, where standing idle is now considered an exploit. ROFL this is too much.
"We have now introduced penalty for being away from keyboaard.
Every time you trigger 'You are now away from keyboard' System Message, you will be charged 50 PED plus 1 PED per minute will be removed from your PED Card until you trigger 'You are no longer away from keyboard' System Message or until your PED Card is empty.
Additionally, being away from keyboard will not not trigger forced logout after certain time, so players can now be away for longer periods!

Like always, please report any irregularities you notice with today's VU."

You can check mob page, you can use EL.com API, you can check your chat log file if you hunted on Arkadia for a few days, there multiple options for >50 IQ...
Yes!! Evey is in the know always!:wtg:

I don't understand what is all this fuzz about again.
They released an event, later on got reported by the community strange behavior in it, they evaluated it, admitted a mistake, tagged it as a bug and made a clear statement about impact on scoring if people exploit the bug.
At least finally they made a stance.

They do nothing, people complain, they do something, people complain, is there any win for them with this community?

Oh and BTW, their decision has positive impact on people not doing the "special tactic" giving us a chance for a placement. I don't see why people not using it should complain :unsure: ;)

or punish him because of the exploit attempt
you know why Air traffic is so save? Most air lines got a "bug bounty" program where they get rewarded if they do mistakes, so those can be taught in training and thus prevented in future.

when you punish the messenger, everyone just stays silent

Back