Question: Exploits

They are doing some work against some exploiters but not enough i agree. My problem is they do it cuz they wont get in trouble and they are so rude when you confront them. So ya something need to change i kind of had enough of this after 12 years.

As MA most of the time as mentioned above only acts when their income is in danger, bugs like the Yog Pet bug only made the abusers generate more income to MA and the expenses where covered by the depositers.
So the only way is to make every Bug known to everyone so MA has to act fast and fix them so abusers cant profit from it for a long time. If this happens for a time frame long enough the bug abusers maybe go to find another game where they can abuse the bugs they find for longer timeframes.

Another solution would be that they cant sell their items they got from abusing the bugs. So they would have several pixels in exchage for using the bug and as long as no one is buying it from them they cant withdraw any currency for it. Their illegal action would not bring them any money which in the end is allways why they use this bugs to gain a advantage. Sadely the community isnt so strong that not someone will buy their Item and they withdraw the money.

Unless it directly impacts them (like the bugged finder amps) they are not concerned at all...

Hi,

I don't know if they, MindArk, have problems in addressing FAST these Ethical issues regarding dishonest players ,

but I assure you that such problems DIRECTLY IMPACT any Company involved, be it MindArk or any other Company : it's called reputation and apparently -at least in the short run- it doesn't have a big impact, but IN THE LONG RUN it makes the difference and it can cause true disasters for a Company, or -on the other hand- fantastic successes and faithful Customers (regarding games, they call it "very high player retention").

Moreover we live in a World were Customers are more and more exigent on these Ethical matters, and they tend to reward high Ethical standards (and obviously they tend to blame, and punish , insufficient Ethics, by any Company involved).

I hope that MindArk doesn't make the mistake to think that, since financially this has been a good year, now such Ethical issues can be downgraded to a low priority schedule. This would be a
MAJOR mistake ...

If MindArk enforces its Reputation on these Ethical matters, it's more than sure that we-Customers will highly reward such fair Policies.

Paul

Last edited:
I don't have particularly strong opinions as to whether MindArk is too permissive or too harsh in the way they apply penalties. Perhaps the broad conclusion of this thread is correct, or perhaps it's not. Regardless, it seems worth drawing attention to the fact that the framework people are using (in this thread and others) to assess MindArk's policy enforcement decisions is entirely inadequate to describe actual policy enforcement challenges. Framing this as MindArk being too unethical or too lazy to enforce policies to the optimal degree is irresponsible to the point of being a strawman.

A few of the challenges to policy enforcement include the reality that false positives and false negatives in the identification of policy infractions tend to be correlated (the acceptable level of false positives is subjective, but there could be possible analogies in legal theory; Ben Franklin, for example, is famous for stating that "it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer," which suggests at least a bound for the optimal target), the frequent need for one-on-one communication with suspected policy violators to establish their intent with any degree of confidence (which is much harder to do effectively online than in a real life conversation), the loss of game immersion and other indirect costs to other members of the community when direct developer actions rather than game mechanics start to dictate how the game evolves, etc.

MindArk is in a better position than we are to assess how effectively their tools can meet these and other challenges in a fair and desirable manner. I'm certain they've given the matter a much more thorough cost benefit analysis than any player has, and while it's possible that their bottom-line answer to the question is at odds with what's best for the player base, let us not jump to the hasty conclusion that it is. We should calm down with the almost-comically-uncharitable framing of MindArk just being too unethical or lazy to opt for certain courses of action, and appreciate that they face genuine trade offs that they probably know how capable they are of managing. Otherwise, we may end up applying social pressure on MindArk to do things which they are not capable of doing well, which is certain to create bigger problems than we have now.

All bugs should be published on forums here or another forum not managed by Mindark.

It's pretty clear that they will not fix bugs that generate more revenue or punish botters.

At least some of the price manipulators on AH are getting removed from game.

If you find a bug/exploit, publish it, fastest way to get it fixed. Their support is working at snail speed or don't often even understand what is beeing said to them.

Seems it worked out! Nice move MA. Really nice move, was about damn time!

Back