Question: Extracting high value skill points onto low TT ESI

Deeveon

Dominant
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Devon Deeveon Knight
I'm new to chipping skills out and am wondering what happens when you try to chip out a skill with > 10k points onto a low TT ESI such that only a very small number of skill points will fit. Does it extract whole skill points only or will it do a partial point if need be when set to max value in order to fill an ESI as much as possible?

For example, I have a 10.87 PED ESI. Let's say I want to chip a bit of my 11.4k BLP weapon technology skill onto it. I fire it up and the interface tells me the max points I can chip to it are 7. If those 7 skill points fill it completely, they'd be worth about 1.55 PED TT each. But what if they really are only worth about 1.4 PED TT each, such that 7 fit, but not quite 8 (8 x 1.4 = 11.2)? Would I end up with ~1.07 PED of the ESI going unused and returned to me as PEDs?

Yes, it only fits whole points onto each chip and any excess is returned as PED. This is why high TT ESIs generally command higher markup than lower TT ones, as ubers can't efficiently use low TT ESIs on their highest skills.

Surely that would mean that most ESIs that are fully used will cough up some pecs on that final extraction. Is it really so?
What is the minimum 'full extraction' from a 10.01 ped ESI? Is it off a skill of around 2000+ points? Assuming the last full point calculated is then almost at zero, there would be almost no pec return, but does anybody know these stats more accurately?
Now that skill points are shown in chat, what is the first normal skill gain from a new skill? Sometimes greenies double up, or even more, so I don't mean that - just the base greenie when a player is at zero (also by unlocking a skill)? Do we know the pec equivalent (is it about 0.5 pecs)?

Thanks OP, it got me thinking ;)

If you don't know about the skill scanner site from jdegre, you should.

The bottom of that page is the chipping optimizer.

This helps a lot with general chipping plans.

So far I have had a couple 10 ish ped esis pay 1 pec back with the ESI.
I did not record these levels like I should have, but this occurred at around 20k points, taking out 6 points. I think also around 10k skill its something like 12-13 pts(a difference from your formula), to maximize the esi, but those are ball parks, since I didnt record them like I should have..partly because I assumed it was a standard formula for all, and now I don't think that is the case.

There does seem to perhaps be a variable value on skills, some days the same TT will take out less other days more, the only factor I can seem to correlate to his is the attributes that change between those. For example:

When claiming my 82 ped kool kat repeatable, it has been in order:

47% of level at 93 into 94 - 1.24 pts per ped
[System]: You have gained 105.3018 experience in your Bioregenesis skill​
35% of level at 94 - .918 pts per ped
[System]: You have gained 75.3262 experience in your Bioregenesis skill​
30% of level at 94 - .815 pts per ped
[System]: You have gained 66.8452 experience in your Bioregenesis skill​

Note this one:
37% of level at 94 into 95 - .974 pts per ped
[System]: You have gained 79.9441 experience in your Bioregenesis skill​

Same tt value of reward.
The only difference is going on a small codex binge and getting a few more attributes between the last.
The points ended at 9974 bio on the 3rd claim listed and I claimed the 4th with a starting bio of 9976.
So there was only 2 pts of natural gain between the 25 hours it took to finish the 4th run, and the codex binge.

I purposefully went out and got 7 more stamina to see the effect for certain on the next round, and will post the gain here after that is done. It could be Intel, Psyche also affecting it.

The same thing I have noticed when chipping the point value out, it seems to change based on the core attributes you have.

So I am not sure that question can be accurately answered for your situation, based on any one else's formula at this point, but as you go along record some of em and maybe you can see the pattern when consideering attributes as well to nail it down. Ultimately with enough people providing some more defined samples it could be derived.

For reference, I have been chipping out skill with all my esis for over a year and I can loot many a day and Ive only recently noticed these kinds of value changes with the onset of me getting around to doing codex meta. Could be its been such a slow gain this whole time we have just never been able to see it as directly before. I had assumptions but not really the numbers to clearly show it like now with a fast consistant tt repeatable, and a quick bunch of attriibutes with codex.
And my attributes are 108,108,107,107,99.

Last edited:
Hey forgo, skill volume follows a sine wave, so it gets faster for a bit then slows down, hence your inconsitancies in skill gains

49% of level at 95 - 1.3136 pts per ped
[System]: You have gained 108.2048 experience in your Bioregenesis skill​
[System]: Mission completed (The Lawn You Keep)​

Its no sine wave, its attributes.

Last edited:
Back