Fame?

Devilmaster

Guardian
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Mr Devilmaster Evil
When will we see some rank in fame? Society ranks/xp? Hof that gave a higher proffesion? Any fame at all? Give some ideas n views on what you would like the fame system to be or be changed into..

Fame!

I'm gonna live forever.

Light up the sky like a plane.

Fame!

i think fame right now is just that person/society's reputation ingame.... for example, cK is famous for bein the masters of pk (or so they say :p), or like someone that is the most skilled, etc

thats fame atm, but would be nice for MA to expand on it :)

Interesting idea indeed... one that I would not necessarily be opposed to either. Could be quite fun. However, certain "professions" such as trading (which many ppl do as their sole profession btw)would automatically be exempt and that would not be much fun for them :(

Svetlana said:
Interesting idea indeed... one that I would not necessarily be opposed to either. Could be quite fun. However, certain "professions" such as trading (which many ppl do as their sole profession btw)would automatically be exempt and that would not be much fun for them :(
Well i don't really see trading as any big profession...?

Devilmaster said:

I think to have a good fame system you would somehow have to incorporate trading. Maybe fame points for number of trades?? Not sure, but it is a fact that trading is a very popular profession.

DD
:evilking:

Devilmaster said:

:rofl: hmmm- you new here? Well welcome aboard m8

Some of the best peeps in game that I know are traders, specializing in trading exclusively (such as Sterling and Moss soc). And many more ppl resort to trading as the sole means of keeping up with the PE economy and making some money.

DD- perhaps there could be an accumulation of trades or something, but then ppl that trade in small things (ie lots of skins, hides, paint) might look more reputable or famous than those that specialize in larger ticket items..

I think its pointless having that... Unless show things like achievements in there....
For Example:

(Hypothetical)Fame: The Mighty - To be feared.
pwned the whole of cK during landgrab.
Got 10k uber hof on spider.
Killed a Spider without trapping, no armour and no ping pong...

That would work...
Otherwise Fame is just how it is at the moment... spread by word of mouth (er chat windows).... from player to player.

The Mighty said:
I think its pointless having that... Unless show things like achievements in there....
For Example:

That would work...
Otherwise Fame is just how it is at the moment... spread by word of mouth (er chat windows).... from player to player.

Yes that's a good point.
If PE were set up as most other mmorpg's with actual quests, then a fame system could be implemented. But b/c every1 does such different things, and everything is so interconnected and dependent upon a large variety of skills/equipment, a fame system would probably not work... although as i said initially, would be fun still.

Svetlana said:
:rofl: hmmm- you new here? Well welcome aboard m8

Some of the best peeps in game that I know are traders, specializing in trading exclusively (such as Sterling and Moss soc). And many more ppl resort to trading as the sole means of keeping up with the PE economy and making some money.

DD- perhaps there could be an accumulation of trades or something, but then ppl that trade in small things (ie lots of skins, hides, paint) might look more reputable or famous than those that specialize in larger ticket items..
I see how trading is a profession but not how Ma could ever grade it. It might be like 2 ppl switching gear back n forth "You have just made a trade with xxx n made xxx peds!"

The Mighty said:
For Example:

That would work...
Nah it would be writen down in scores that no one can change n impress the masses. Couse seriously thats what many are up to right now...

Yeah, I think trading would be really tough to put a fame system in for. I think only a buyer input feature would be the solution.

If you felt that you recieved good service, and a fair deal, then you could add fame to that trader, I suppose somehjow similar to ebay, but with numbers.

Obviously, if you rip people off, then you can have bad rep too:).

If its done by the amount or value of trades, then yes, its a tad easy to spam.

But it would be really cool if we could do sommat, wouldnt it be great to have some idea of the trader you are about to do business with. Hey, nowadays, we can just get on the net to find a review. But in PE there is nothing yet, appart from WOM.
(RR=Reputation Rating, realy like that)

Back