First withdrawal submitted

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
This thread will be a record of how long it took.

My total PED tax on the withdrawal was 1%, which was nothing. So no worries on that front. Rumors people had spread to me had it being as high as 9%. That would have been silly, and the rumors are one major reason I put off withdrawing. I wanted a large chunk to really see how the impact would be. Withdrawal was committed 10/22/12.

Will post again when it has been received.

The fee mainly depends on the amount you take out, at least if you look at it in %.
If you take out 1k ped, the fee will be much higher in % compared to a 10k withdrawal

The fee mainly depends on the amount you take out, at least if you look at it in %.
If you take out 1k ped, the fee will be much higher in % compared to a 10k withdrawal

Yeah. Since it's or 1%, or 100ped minimum. So, here we go - 1k ped withdrawal will result in 100ped fee = 10%.

Interesting. Are folks sure about this sliding scale? I definitely took out more than 10k PED, but I didnt take out 100k PED.

10% of $100 sounds pretty hefty, but 1% of $1000 isnt much by comparison.

shouldn't look at it in % but in actual ped cost for MA to do the transfer (100 ped) I think it is.
Wether they have to transfer 1k ped or 100k ped, the work & administration costs stay the same

It is a flat 1% fee. It doesn't matter how much you withdraw.

It is a flat 1% fee. It doesn't matter how much you withdraw.

correct, with a min amount of 100 ped, why it makes most sense to do a min withdrawal of 10k ped

Interesting. Are folks sure about this sliding scale? I definitely took out more than 10k PED, but I didnt take out 100k PED.

10% of $100 sounds pretty hefty, but 1% of $1000 isnt much by comparison.

From the Withdrawal FAQ:
The withdrawal fee is 1% of the amount you wish to withdraw. The minimum fee is 100 PED (10 USD). Your own bank might charge additional fees.

Back