Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Dear MA,

On Planet Calypso Content Release 2023.0.1.0 you did this:
Changes
  • Omegaton Service Center has received a graphical update.
  • Deluxe Omegaton Service Center has received a graphical update.
I'll have you know, like many other players have been reporting since the day this VU dropped, that the new service centers are lagging out entire servers.

The culprit could be the fact that you decided to synchronize and render everything inside the new service centers even for avatars outside of them, the old ones did not work like this and for a good reason I suppose.

Or maybe it's some other thing, but you have the tools to properly diagnose and fix these issues. Please either fix them or roll back the change as soon as possible.

And please also work on that improved communication.

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

Thank you.

Description + possible deeper reason + plea! - oh and very clear! Really good post, thank you!

It shouldn't need to be written at all, of course. I'm beginning to get a conspiracy vibe spawning that when devs/management really cannot be this !"§$%, there must be something else going on, such as there being some kind of 'cheat code' or workaround accessible to only very few people who can then grab the goodies which have been selectively injected without lag. Only after these have found new owners will 'some other solution' be found. It could be down to something else, of course. Did the dog eat the rollback backup?

What should reasonable people do when faced with increasingly crazy logic paths? After a while, it may become clear that they should accept neither path.

Last edited:
can they do that with a 30 minute maintenance downtime?

Good post!
Up to the top!

Back