Focus bug slipped in to patch on purpose?

Pyhä Antero

Old Alpha
Did Mindark let this bug happen on purpose, so Nutrio price would skyrocket and make CLD Estates more valuable in players' estimations?

Any thoughts?

Edit: FFS, it hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:
all economics would be more live if :

sweet would cost more
natural stones would cost more
mind essence would cost more
nutrio should cost more

(or rized usage of it)

all things that is gathered for free in eu should cost alot mu.

What focus bug are you talking about? How would it make nutrio price go up? and why would that have any bearing on estate valuation?

What focus bug are you talking about? How would it make nutrio price go up? and why would that have any bearing on estate valuation?

Try getting focus as low as you can and you'll see... What comes to estates, it's just speculation, but what else we have...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Hang on, this is the taming section :laugh:

Sorry, I just clicked 'new posts' and read this. Didn't think to check which forum it was in. I'm assuming therefore that you're talking about taming, which I know nothing about so I'll shut up now :)

Still don't see what it has to do with estates though.

Any ***** given, Mindark?

You can't rollback to pre-VU as people have sold their pets, or you can't ban players for your own mistake, and because the real issue is you, Mindark, and the fact that you're not doing your job. The only solution you got is to take the server off and fix the bug before taming becomes cheaters' profession.

It's okay to me that you implement ******* New Oxford 2.0 and all the ******* TED talk shit, and it's also okay that you only see CLD's short term sales' importance, but please, do your ******* job.

A few years back, I reported a serious tiering bug during X-mas holiday season, you fixed and patched it in a ****** day, because it was hurting you. The bug was that you could do a free tiering click and still get salvaged materials. In the bug you placed tiering materials from your vehicle inventory or from another storage box, and by the time you clicked a go to tier you closed your storage box and the material went back there, and the click was a success. I think, this bug had been there for ages.

In the future, I won't hurry to report these as you won't hurry to fix bugs that concern me and my interests. **** you!

Why are you so mad about it!?

MA does lose money; People will be able to train their pets at minimum cost.

Question is; Will actions be taken against trick spamming exploiters or will it be hogglo diablo all over again?

Last edited:

Question is; Will actions be taken against trick spamming exploiters or will it be hogglo diablo all over again?

MA actually is earning on this as hell... usuall player training pet was using ~3ped on small and probably ~20ped on big eating pets per day... now you can cycle like 200ped per day on small ones...

So MA getting their cut big time with all the bured nutrios...

Also if ComPet will rely on level of the pet then its already screwed before released...

Falagor
:bandit:

First of, Mindark doesn't lose money with this, quite an opposite, they get more.

After reaching level 50 with a pet natural way, I don't wish that there's some kind of trick that gets you there in less hours, but what I think, to Mindark, this is working as intended. Nutrio's MU goes high and soon CLD estates start producing fruits and fruits can only be obtained from CLD holders. Wouldn't surprise me...

I'm not saying this is only a bad thing. Positive is that there's high MU now, but what I hope, that things worked as they should.

It is true art to let people think they cheat system, by paying real money and getting +1 number on some plave where written "level" and to be so happy :D

1. i cheated a taxi driver!!!!
2. how ?
1. I paid for taxi but not sitt'ed to it !

MA actually is earning on this as hell... usuall player training pet was using ~3ped on small and probably ~20ped on big eating pets per day... now you can cycle like 200ped per day on small ones...

So MA getting their cut big time with all the bured nutrios...

Also if ComPet will rely on level of the pet then its already screwed before released...

Falagor

First of, Mindark doesn't lose money with this, quite an opposite, they get more.

After reaching level 50 with a pet natural way, I don't wish that there's some kind of trick that gets you there in less hours, but what I think, to Mindark, this is working as intended. Nutrio's MU goes high and soon CLD estates start producing fruits and fruits can only be obtained from CLD holders. Wouldn't surprise me...

I'm not saying this is only that this is only bad thing. Positive that there's high MU now, but what I hope, that things worked as they should.

You are both correct.

I was thinking that people stop skilling when buffs are unlocked, but of course they keep on.

You are both correct.

I was thinking that people stop skilling when buffs are unlocked, but of course they keep on.

Not all people will be skilling ;). Smart ones will stop at required levels (or those who speculate that high level will be good for ComPet will keep doing it).

But of course many will reach level 12852 zomg! :D

Falagor

Not all people will be skilling ;). Smart ones will stop at required levels (or those who speculate that high level will be good for ComPet will keep doing it).

This will also devaluate passive effect pets as more players will reach required level in no time. So, have nice day.

This will also devaluate passive effect pets as more players will reach required level in no time. So, have nice day.

After nerf they are useless to me already... ;). But yes you are right.

Reminds me of mineable sweat... milions of sweat were mined in short window (i think it was 4-5 hours) and they were NOT removed from the game... so few players were able to mine enough sweat in few hours in amount that normal sweater was gathering in few years... sadly i missed that oportunity ;).

Falagor

After nerf they are useless to me already... ;). But yes you are right.

Reminds me of mineable sweat... milions of sweat were mined in short window (i think it was 4-5 hours) and they were NOT removed from the game... so few players were able to mine enough sweat in few hours in amount that normal sweater was gathering in few years... sadly i missed that oportunity ;).

Falagor

Oh, don't forget about taming skills. Those usually are slow as hell.

Question is: Should I exploit like everyone else or skip it and look like an idiot when it's fixed, just like I did last time....

Won't it cost a fortune to the player to do it this way?

So you do tricks down to 13%, then it automatically goes up to 100%? Then you do tricks and it goes back down again to 13%?

If that is true, it is very uneconomical to do tricks under 99% anyway????

Or have i got it completely wrong?

Rgds

Ace

Won't it cost a fortune to the player to do it this way?

So you do tricks down to 13%, then it automatically goes up to 100%? Then you do tricks and it goes back down again to 13%?

If that is true, it is very uneconomical to do tricks under 99% anyway????

Or have i got it completely wrong?

Rgds

Ace

Its more uneco to wait for focus to regen... since with just idle you get ~1.50 en/xp.

Doing tricks at 99/100% nad waiting for focus to regen will result around 1.95-2.05 en/xp depending on pet type.

If yo uwill be doing only bigest trick possible the "new" way you will do it at 100%, 99%, around 80% and aorund 40%... so 2 of 4 will be very eco, one avg and one uneco.

Avg eco is still above 2.00 en/xp since yo uexclude the "idle" part totally and the one uneco trick is well compensated with two very eco tricks.

Falagor

Oh, don't forget about taming skills. Those usually are slow as hell.

Question is: Should I exploit like everyone else or skip it and look like an idiot when it's fixed, just like I did last time....

Exploit as long as they don't state you shouldn't. That's what I'm going to do.

What I'm trying to say. They didn't break it by mistake, it was done on purpose. I'm not saying they are not capable of breaking common elements of the game, but this time timing is so right (people speculating about the estates) that this was intentional and going so low that I wonder whether I want to continue playing or just start holding some deeds and shouting stupid things on forum.

New algorithm for Focus: if Focus drops below 14% --> restore it to 100%
New algorithm for Mood: if Mood drops to 0 --> restore it to 50%
Both "features" are obviously aimed at speeding up the pet training process as much as possible.

Now, if all the bars on the pet interface behaved the similar way - i.e. if Energy also would automagically jump back to "Well Fed" after reaching "Starved" (without using any nutrio bars), then we could say for sure it's a bug. But as it is now, well, we have to assume it was all intentional no matter if we like it or not... and the fact that it wasn't fixed in the patch only confirms this.

Well, it's pretty embarassing ofc. I can imagine what those ppl feel now who had spent endless hours training their pets the hard way...

I can see 2 possible reasons why MA decided to go this way:
  1. increase demand and turnover for nutrio - make ppl spend more peds faster, and
  2. clear away the "army of pets" from all the auction houses and town squares. Lets be honest, it became kinda silly indeed.

As it is now all the pets will be leveled up fast and once the buffs are unlocked nobody will keep their pets out without a good reason. It seems the energy requirements for the passive buffs were also increased exactly for that reason.

I'm not crying, all i like about taming is the hope someday it might become a challenge again to tame real big and nasty mobs. Taming big atrox is already halfway there, now we only miss the reason to do that. :p
What about training i think it's a nice hobby for little girls, forcing everyone to do that to get a small advantage here and there is kinda gay, imho.

This quite sums it up. From gameplay perspective it's better this way, but I think, it's only temporary and very intentional what also makes it unfair to tamers and pet user.

New algorithm for Focus: if Focus drops below 14% --> restore it to 100%
New algorithm for Mood: if Mood drops to 0 --> restore it to 50%
Both "features" are obviously aimed at speeding up the pet training process as much as possible.

Now, if all the bars on the pet interface behaved the similar way - i.e. if Energy also would automagically jump back to "Well Fed" after reaching "Starved" (without using any nutrio bars), then we could say for sure it's a bug. But as it is now, well, we have to assume it was all intentional no matter if we like it or not... and the fact that it wasn't fixed in the patch only confirms this.

Well, it's pretty embarassing ofc. I can imagine what those ppl feel now who had spent endless hours training their pets the hard way...

I can see 2 possible reasons why MA decided to go this way:
  1. increase demand and turnover for nutrio - make ppl spend more peds faster, and
  2. clear away the "army of pets" from all the auction houses and town squares. Lets be honest, it became kinda silly indeed.

As it is now all the pets will be leveled up fast and once the buffs are unlocked nobody will keep their pets out without a good reason. It seems the energy requirements for the passive buffs were also increased exactly for that reason.

I'm not crying, all i like about taming is the hope someday it might become a challenge again to tame real big and nasty mobs. Taming big atrox is already halfway there, now we only miss the reason to do that. :p
What about training i think it's a nice hobby for little girls, forcing everyone to do that to get a small advantage here and there is kinda gay, imho.

Was wondering why my pet trainers were pming me for more pet food than usual. Now i know why im spending more. I will recall my pets from them for the time being till we know for sure then.

Last edited:
Back