Info: For Mac Users by Mac Users

Liu

Old Alpha
Society
French Jumper
Killashandra Liu Ling
Hello everybody,

This thread is intended to become the reference topic for everybody who owns a mac, or plan to own one but dont how to set it up neither what is required to be able to enjoy the game.

I will therefore try to gather as much information as possible so that we can have a proper chart of what will let you enjoy EU on your mac and what not.

So, I ask everybody who owns a mac to give in this thread the informations about :
About his/her Mac :processor, Ram Memory, Graphic card and HDD speed.
About EU : Res. played, fps and details settings (low, med, v.high, etc.)

Thank you all, and let's hope this thread can be useful to all the mac users on here and wishing to be here !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sionkiewicz, heineken :
MacBookPro5,5
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz,
4Go DDR3 1066mhz,
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Medium (bootcamp)
Magyar Republic :
Mac mini
Intel Core 2 duo 2.53 GHz
4GB DDR3 1066 mhz.

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : High (50 fps) (bootcamp)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Daedra :
iMac
2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Gb 800 Мhz DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 Мb

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Medium to High (parallel desktop)
TigerJessB :
Macbook Pro
2.8ghz Intel Core 2 duo
4gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Low (VM Ware Fusion 3)

Janus
MacBook Pro 5, 1
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (dedicated 256mb or 512?)

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Medium (Bootcamp)

danMaron
Macbook Pro 13": 2.53GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (Integrated 256mb)

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Low (Parallels 5 // WinXP)
Mouse rund very fast... cant fix this problem... only using keys

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Medium to High(bootcamp // WinXP)

No problems

Last edited:
reserved for further informations

Hi,

I've successfully set up EU to run on my girlfriends Mac MINI.

System Specs: 2.53 GHz model with 4GB RAM.

In order to run EU you must install windows through Bootcamp. You should use 64 Bit Windows if you have more than 4GB worth of memory attached to the system, include video card, system RAM, and Printers in your pool, otherwise youll lose some functional RAM in your Windows environment.

Windows will then obtain/update most drivers from Mac OSX, leaving you to download the latest NVidia or ATI drivers depending on your Mac. There's nothing else to it. Just run all pertinent windows updates and install your vid drivers and you're set.

If youre on a wireless network, your MAC address is the same for both Windows and Apple, but your computer names change. Make them match so the routers security settings dont block you from accessing the internet.

On a Mac you will have double the video memory you would see under Mac OSX. This is not an illusion, Windows and Apple machines process the video memory differently, leading to an increase in available pool under Windows.

The Mac Mini plays EU on all high settings at approx 50 FPS, give or take a few depending on location.

Reactions: Liu
Great info provided ! Thank you, I will update the first post !
*Liu is checking what is written on the box of the mac mini in the closet....*

I believe I will use the reserved post to explain method, thanks for your explanation.
By the way, could you please give me the informations of your graphic card and the frequency of your Ram memory ?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Great info provided ! Thank you, I will update the first post !
*Liu is checking what is written on the box of the mac mini in the closet....*

I believe I will use the reserved post to explain method, thanks for your explanation.
By the way, could you please give me the informations of your graphic card and the frequency of your Ram memory ?

Thank you :)

Hey, I didnt post it because its standard MAC supplied stuff. The system is an out of the box Mac Mini with the processor speed of 2.53 ghz. Everything else is on their site based off that info, and exactly the same as the other Mac mentioined on this thread.

Sorry if that seemed terse. Im a computer guy by trade, and tend to look at mac hardware in terms of "Its your basic Mac" mentality. lol

Still, there is something pretty weird now that I think about it !
Sionkiewicz, heineken :
MacBookPro5,5
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz,
4Go DDR3 1066mhz,

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : Medium
Magyar Republic :
Mac mini
Intel Core 2 duo 2.53 GHz
4GB DDR3 1066 mhz.

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : High (50 fps)

How come, two same configurations would run the game completely differently just because one is in a laptop and the other in a mac mini ?

I guess some things still need clarification here.

Because looking at that, it means that a macbook pro of 13" (core 2 duo 2.53, 4gb ddr3 and 9400M 256mb) would run the game in high settings at an average of 50fps, which is awesome in terms of money investment !

The laptop probably has graphics issues stemming from heat. So its performance is going to be slightly held back. The mini has some direct cooling on the chipset that the laptop does not.

maybe cus when using my macbook i am doing it wirelessly. but yeah i feel good on medium on it.

I'm getting confused here :dunno:

But thank you for all your helpful contributions :)

iMac
2.66 ГГц Intel Core 2 Duo
4 ГБ 800 МГц DDR2 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 МБ
Customised settings in EU - from medium to very high (see advanced tab in options)

I use Parallels Desktop with win7 ( buy here http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ or download via torrent on http://thepiratebay.org (of course only for tests before buying legal version ;)) )

WMWare or Virtual Box virt machines with win7 will not work with EU, I tried..

Last edited:
iMac
WMWare or Virtual Box virt machines with win7 will not work with EU, I tried..

According to Sionkiewicz here, you are incorrect as he got EU working on VMWARE (Probably Fusion 3 as it supports 3D):
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/172085-entropia-mac-yes-works-now-2.html

Now, I'm actually having a problem with making it work in my vm and here are my specs:

Macbook Pro
2.8ghz Intel Processor (dual core)
4gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600
Screen resolution (in mac) is 1400x 900 (approx. 1280x800 in VM)
-------------
Running VMWARE Fusion 3
Windows 7 Pro
2gb memory
40gb HD space
dual core is on
Internet connectivity working and stable

I got a nasty blue screen crash while it was logging me into EU (it installed successfully though):
Screenshot2010-02-01at43034PM.png

http://i1011.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/albums/af234/bjessica822/Screenshot2010-02-01at43034PM.png

Please note: I don;t know why there are exclamation points (!) in the URL above, but they should actually link to the photo bucket website

Could this have something to do with the EU image quality (high, med, low scale)? How do I change these quality settings with eu?

Much help appreciated!
I have a funny feeling it has to

Last edited:
Update

Got it running in VMware fusion 3 under the last posting's spec. Best quality i got was Low.

However, I was running Firefox heavily, and a few other random apps in the Mac Snow Leopard.

I think i should be getting better stats though if anyone has any suggestions (beyond not using any other apps).

Hiya,

i use a macbook pro. dont use a virtual machine. install bootcamp and install windows xp. it runs very good!

ps. MA please port the game to macos... a lot of ppl use this kind - computer goes out :)

greeting
dan

Hiya,

i use a macbook pro. dont use a virtual machine. install bootcamp and install windows xp. it runs very good!

ps. MA please port the game to macos... a lot of ppl use this kind - computer goes out :)

greeting
dan

I refuse to bootcamp first for the inconvenience of having to reboot between OS's and second for the grave fear of windows touching any important files on my computer (I had a very very nasty experience two years ago).

Everyone says that they have EU running on VM. Could anyone please advise me on:
A: Allowing me to play EU at Medium graphics experience
B: How to control your avatar via the arrow keys and trackpad (I don't have a mouse here)

MUCH APPRECIATED!:ahh:

about the !!!!!!! in the url, i believe this is ef censorship about external websites....you should put your picture in the ef gallery.

first post updated ! it's great, we are starting to have that looks almost like a database about which mac runs what !
Soon, i will update the second post about which settings fit best in VM or Parallel desktop.
For those using these softs, feel free to post your settings ;)

Thanks !

Like many others, when VU10 first came out I had major overheating problems, and nearly gave up on playing on my mac at all for fear of a critical hit to the internals encased in the unibody. But over time MA made enough adjustments with cry2 optimisation that it works like a charm now. For work I need Windows 7 for the VPN & other software, so bootcamp suits me fine.

I still suffer from the bigger bots and merps looking bright white on screen, but 95% of the game looks great. I'm sure I could sort it by upping the shaders, but as they glow nicely way out on the horizon, I use the technical shortcoming for a tactical advantage :)

specs...

MacBook Pro 5, 1
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

EU Settings = Medium (BootCamp)

Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : low (Parallels 5 // WinXP)
Mouse rund very fast... cant fix this problem... only using keys

-------------------------------------

Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Entropia Universe Enjoyability Settings : medium up to high (bootcamp // WinXP)

No problems

Back