Forum Mentality...

Noggin

Stalker
Society
nothing AND nowhere (nAn)
Balthazar Noggin Fishburn
I've spent quite a bit of my afternoon trawling through different sites trying to find some information about a particular device I own. There seem to be loads of people who own the same device, and plenty of forums where mod'ing it are discussed.

Eventually (and I'm sure we've all done it), I come across a forum post, where the poster asks exactly the question I wanted to know. The following posts went on for a few pages, but NOBODY answered the damn fricken question. There were plenty of smart-assed comments, and a few people 'claiming' to have done it successfully, but nobody cared to impart the information on exactly how it was done!

GRRRR.. how frustrating :D

I see this sorta crap on forums all the time. Simple question, simple (but as detailed as possible) answers is all we need sometimes. When do people realise that we don't necessarily want to read their inane comments about stuff just so they can get their post count up a bit!

We're blessed in many ways here on EF, and though we have a few trolls, this 'trolling' activity is kept to a minimum. If I were to criticise, however, I would say that when a noob asks a question (that has not necessarily been covered previously), that he probably wants it explained to him in more than once sentence. I see one sentence replies all the time, and I think if I were just starting to play, I'd probably not know what the hell it means.

In the case of this device I was researching, I was in the noobs position. I didn't know enough about it to ask a very specific question, but I knew enough to ensure people knew what I meant!

Just felt the need to vent.. hope you don't mind guys ;)

i just have to ask.... what kinda device was it? sounds rather mysterious

you want me to guess? allright...

wedgeless.gif

WEDGE-PROOF UNDERWEAR
This simple, yet effective, device prevents "wedging" of undergarments. It is effective for all types of "wedging", from natural "ride-up" to sudden bully-induced trauma wedging.
Fully adjustable and machine washable, wedge-proof underwear lets you stroll confidently, even when there are large groups of dim-witted, attention seeking bullies lurking about.

a) heavy duty reinforced waistband
b) high tension socks
c) adjustable straps

or am i too far off here?

Sorry Noggin but just had to say kudos to sob for the graphic :laugh: Love ya nutter.

But, yes Noggin I know what you mean and agree completely. Seems it can takes pages sometimes to finally see a straightforward answer that actually helps, and yes thankfully it is generally much better here than on most forums I use.

off topic

Thanx Sob, for the laugh :laugh:

That's how you find out how a thing works.

You search for others asking the same question. And on one forum, someone answers... and hell will freeze over if any of them would consider posting the answer on the other forums... basically, once you are onboard the know-it-all boat, you don't care about the rest!

mrproper said:
. basically, once you are onboard the know-it-all boat, you don't care about the rest!

On board? I'm the captain and I don't allow stowaways!!!! :D

mrproper said:

You search for others asking the same question. And on one forum, someone answers... and hell will freeze over if any of them would consider posting the answer on the other forums... basically, once you are onboard the know-it-all boat, you don't care about the rest!

Haha, yeah you're totally right. I just don't like it :D It's a mentality I like to try to avoid.. I did get the answer I was looking for in the end, but I had to figure 90% of it out myself.

Sob, I can't believe you guessed what the "device" was :D That's friggin amazing man. I was trying to 'mod' it with some incontinence pants :D

Because of the business I'm in, I tend to spend a lot of my time in forums, and some are great, and some might as well not be there. There's particular game-modding forums I frequent where people just WILL NOT share information. Makes me wonder why these people hang around the forums in the first place! Is it really because they just enjoy saying "I know something you don't, noooob" :D

Montaque, I read through that thread -- OMG :D Classic example lol!

mrproper said:

Knowing all about PE means realizing 2 things...
1. Nothing is random.
2. You cant know everything and no single employee at MA does either.

Montaque said:
I see what you mean and experienced in firsthand!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums...ead.php?t=31107

I tried to bump the thread but still nothing about the very questions I have! Still wondering about & around this.

:bandit:
Ok, Ive tried to give an answer to that.. But take it for what it is.. An analysis of what MA has said and how MA seem to think, mixed in with the "use brain method"

Back