About the add-system?

Montaque

Alpha
Society
Legion Of The Damned
Michael Mike Montaque
I tried to search if this have been taken up by someone before but can´t find any threads, so here we go...

I´ve been havin some thoughts regarding the add-system and what the pros/cons to have advertisement en/disabled!
The biggest question I have is that exactly how does ur loot get affected when add-system is enabled? Is it a percentage lower average loot and a chance getting a substansially bigger hof (if u get one) or... ?? I just can´t get it :(

Then , if u disable the advertisement! Do ur looting change to a more balanced level or??
I remember seen MA stating that with advertisement disabled ur loot would remain the same! Now I get really :confused: What is "the same" or "the same" as when???

Then if I somehow will get someone who can explain these things I will have a new problem :laugh:

If I go out hunting in a team!!!
How does the looting behave if... fex. I have advertisement enabled and my hunting partner has it disabled??
What happens now with our chances getting a ATH or a global/hof and how/what determines what the team loots?
I mean.. Me with adds enabled are not likely going to get 90% of the fictive ATH loot only bcause my team mate arent titled to loot a really big (let´s call it "sponsored" loot)

I know there was something else bothering me about the subject but lets start with these first :)

:bandit:

30 Jun 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Until now, there was a test of this system running. All the extraordinary high loots you have seen since the end of last year were part of this test system. When the Massive system starts operating, these extraordinary high loots will be for the people enabling ads only. All other participants will receive regular loot and lose their chance of getting the ad sponsored loots. Unfortunately this is all we can say about this issue.

Regards,
Entropia Support

That is taken directly from a support case reply to a participant.

I was glad to see an ad for a Pink Floyd DVD; if record labels and such are advertising this puts the loot potential (and note I say potential) that much higher.

nor said:
I was glad to see an ad for a Pink Floyd DVD; if record labels and such are advertising this puts the loot potential (and note I say potential) that much higher.

You really saw that? I haven't seen any of the new ads yet...and wasn't aware that the system was up and running again. Care to shed some more light on this subject? I had that problem where you couldn't enable the ads if you tried so I'm a bit curious about it...

I havent seen one ad. I don't even know where to look other than the projection screens...
Maybe I am missing something....
Yes they are enabled :)

I saw 1 AD: Toyota Fomula 1 car... That was on the first day.

Then, after that first day, i haven't seen one :). My Ads are screwed up now...

I saw the Pink Floyd add this morning!! :)

Was gonna start a thread about it, but...

The adds are country related I think.

For me was an add regarding the premier of the "Poseidon" movie, with some background voice in portuguese.

So far I have seen the Poseidon ad, and a second one for Pirates of the Carribean 2.

Too bad the avg loot isnt improved tho, only the possibility to get ATH.

DevAng said:

For me was an add regarding the premier of the "Poseidon" movie, with some background voice in portuguese.

If the ads are country based the loot better damn not be; if we dont all have equal chance at all ad related loot I'm cashing out.

DevAng said:

Now that you mention it... my ads are german.

Mine are in English... should be in french then :D...

Guess it works for some people...

hooters said:
Mine are in English... should be in french then :D...

Guess it works for some people...

But you are from Canada right? What's the official language in Canada? French? English? Both?

Btw , I don't think the add-loot will be cuontry based. That would make no sense.

DevAng said:
But you are from Canada right? What's the official language in Canada? French? English? Both?

to answer your question DevAng, both.

yes i have seen one poseiden ad, like a week ago, thats about it.
too busy to kill feffs now to watch ads at cities :kos:

Nea said:
to answer your question DevAng, both.

yes i have seen one poseiden ad, like a week ago, thats about it.
too busy to kill feffs now to watch ads at cities :kos:

I thought so , but then ... why should the adds in Canada be in French? Looks like they can just chose what they want.

Taking a wild guess here , but I would even supose that english is more widelly used in Canada than French. Wrong or right?

And yes , I hardly ever noticed them too. Just when I'm on my way to get some ammo :p Just as long as I am intitled to one of those add-loots , it looks like a fair trade to me :)

I better bumpbump this since the discussion got somewhat off track.

Is there someone who have tested hunting fex. with a team mate that has adds disabled while u have ´em enabled??

Last edited:
Montaque said:
I better bumpbump this since the discussion got somewhat off track.

Is there someone who have tested hunting fex. with a team mate that has adds disabled while u have ´em enabled??

AFAIK the last news from MA are : the adds system is in a testing phase. So any appearant result it's not conclusive.

well, as someone that nailed an extremely high loot, i can say this, they have stepped up the larger loots that fall short of ath's. good stuff, glad to have gotten in on the test phase loot and hopefully there is more to come.

Darth Skippie Boobie killed a creature (Kreltin Old) and received a loot of 18k peds, brought to you by Toyota

now, be honest ppl, would you really mind seeing that? lol.

as someone that works in the advertising business, i say bring on anything that gives mind arc revenue streams from other places than deposits. i think ninja hoodies were rediculous, but i'd like to see hundreds of items for sale in game that mind arc can generate revenue from the sale of. the entropian, great. hope they made money on that. and in game advertising could be huge for ma, and for us players.

radio, television, internet, all these are viable forms of free mediums that allow companies to pour in marketing money. if eu can become a marketing medium, rather than a pay to play game, all the better for the playing community.

i think the impliment of removal of the sweat cap and in game advertising work well together. nobody is gonna get rich sweating, but low level playing can be done for free to keep players in the potential advertising audience.

i liken eu at this juncture to cable, most ppl pay for cable and tolerate the advertising which only keeps the cost of cable tv down for consumers. cable tv without advertising would cost way more than anyone would ever want to pay for the service.

and the fact that massive and ma are able to target demographics based on location and language makes eu potentially a great place for movie and record companies and the like to impact various areas world wide for product roll outs.

i say bring it on and keep handing out the above average loots.

Just early this morning I saw an ad for "The Descent" at TI City in Buzzs shop on his adscreen....

I'm in the UK and haven't seen a single ad yet. I don't have a massive directory in data either. PE ads exist but not real world for me. So it seems the Massive Advertising Sytem exists for some and not the rest right now.

Not so massive after all :D

soundboy

hmm ... saw a link to this in another thread. Interesting! I washed my hair in another shampoo this morning. It somehow feels softer at the roots but a LITTLE more stiff in the end.... hmm .. OH ... theres a funny bird sitting on the top of the neighbours roof ....

Change your IP to show Romania cause there are no ADV for this country and with some luck, your loot will suck too... :D

*cought*...*innocent joke*...*beer*... :girl:

current ads running in the us to males are: a mike judge dvd box set featuring beavis and butthead on the ad, a clix male body persperant ad with jessica simpson ex husband nick lashey, the horror movie ad and a box set for an hbo series dvd.

my female friend is not seeing any of these ads.

obviously the ads are not just geographically determined, but also by the sex listed on your account when you join the game.

i suspect that massive can also offer to ad agencies the ability to hit a certain age range, sex range in a specific geographic area, and target each area by native language, based on what and where the advertiser wishes to sell what to whom.

there have been a massive amount of 10k+ loots in the past week. i would say it is time to enable that ad system if for any reason you have it down. you don't have to view the ads afterall to be able to get a higher than normal loot, just have the system enabled.

i worked in radio for a while, another medium where content "music and entertainment" was provided free on the backs of advertisers looking to hit target markets. i'd say any attempt on the part of mind arc to turn a deposit only game into an ad medium is a really great thing to its player base.

couldn't agree more, if adverising brings in cash and MA pumps some back to game, more people will play and breakeven and thu be happier and stay longer, and some may even end up rich entropians:)

I have seen no RL ads...

I want some shoes ads, and Fashion ads, and hair product ads, and I want them soon,,, (because I know MA never listens to "I want it now"...)

hmm is the ad system sex based, is the loot country based, hmmm is that a bad thing for me...

I am (I think) the only F in New Zealand that plays PE/EU so my odds must be pretty damn high you would think...

Z

:laugh:
I guess my initial post must b quite unclear since we are way off on the recieved replys :confused:
The discussion I wished for is if anyone knows how the add-system when enabled vs. disabled affects your loot! Also how loot is shared in team when you team with someone havin different settings on add-system.
I have quite a few questions in this subject but The ones mentioned could supply all necessary info. If someone atleast has a theory...

Marco's input would be handy

Are the ads only shown on the projection screens? If so, Why would anyone want to disable it. Also, any update from MA 9read Marco) about whether this system is fully running or still in test phase?

Who knows. Anyway, I have noticed no change in loots for myself, still scraping by. I persnally feel it would be better to have the options at login screen say Enable Ads, rather than disable ads, as leaving it unchecked makes me wonder whether it is actually on or not.

When it comes to team loot i think dmg decides or the kill shoot. But we dont know for sure. Can someone give me some nails please as i want to nail down marco on his words "and creatures might have less frequent the no loot message" :)

Noting with more average loot it stay as sucky as ever just a few aths.
So we better see Aths or 5k loots from combibos soon because i dont see the point all low level have to watch ads and enjoy terrible lags just to sponsor an ath for the people who hunt on CP

Good Items loots and lootpool generated aths for the übers, yes. But everyone is equal on watching this ads so i dont see a point why Snables shouldnt loot 4 or 5k sometimes.

i see more and more no loots since the adds have been enabled

Montaque said:
I tried to search if this have been taken up by someone before but can´t find any threads, so here we go...

I´ve been havin some thoughts regarding the add-system and what the pros/cons to have advertisement en/disabled!
The biggest question I have is that exactly how does ur loot get affected when add-system is enabled? Is it a percentage lower average loot and a chance getting a substansially bigger hof (if u get one) or... ?? I just can´t get it :(

Then , if u disable the advertisement! Do ur looting change to a more balanced level or??
I remember seen MA stating that with advertisement disabled ur loot would remain the same! Now I get really :confused: What is "the same" or "the same" as when???

Then if I somehow will get someone who can explain these things I will have a new problem :laugh:

If I go out hunting in a team!!!
How does the looting behave if... fex. I have advertisement enabled and my hunting partner has it disabled??
What happens now with our chances getting a ATH or a global/hof and how/what determines what the team loots?
I mean.. Me with adds enabled are not likely going to get 90% of the fictive ATH loot only bcause my team mate arent titled to loot a really big (let´s call it "sponsored" loot)

I know there was something else bothering me about the subject but lets start with these first :)

Anyone??
Consider this as a bump, still :confused:

Back