Front page of this forum not getting updated

Deadgoon

Alpha
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Deadgoon Ghoast Ghoasttoaster
Seriously. My last thread on this got locked, probably in part because hanne got attacked and she has has some personal problems that prevented consistant updates but...

Really almost two months with the same front page story? Somebody needs to be on top of this. I realize there are news feeds but call me crazy if I think it might be nice to log in here and see new news on the front page.

This is not meant as an attack, but seriously if if Hanne is still the responsible party then that needs to change.
:dunno:

Hanne got fired along with everyone involved with the old FPC including Marco. And since no one officially will own this forum not much updates have been added of late. Previous now current owner 711 has taken back the forum but since this isnt calypso's forum anymore no one is updating anything.

You last thread got locked likely because you used colorful language in the thread title, just like you did this time. :laugh: Adjusted it for you.

However, no. Hanne's no longer around. and to be honest right now the front page is without management for a while, so I'd say it's not likely to change to quick yet.

Only 711 and the mods are working this forum these days. 711 is only acting in a tech admin capacity, and us mods are not spending any time making front pages announcements.

Sorry.

Edit: Rufen beat me and probably said it better.

You last thread got locked likely because you used colorful language in the thread title, just like you did this time. :laugh: Adjusted it for you.

However, no. Hanne's no longer around. and to be honest right now the front page is without management for a while, so I'd say it's not likely to change to quick yet.

Only 711 and the mods are working this forum these days. 711 is only acting in a tech admin capacity, and us mods are not spending any time making front pages announcements.

Sorry.

Edit: Rufen beat me and probably said it better.

Actually no, no colorful language last time, and this time I would have characterized it as comical, but that's just me, I guess either I'm not funny or censorship is alive and well.

Regardless, thank you for the thorough explanation, I'll stop complaining, I did not realize the state of affairs.

I'd just like to clear up some misconceptions and misinformation:

And since no one officially will own this forum not much updates have been added of late. Previous now current owner 711 has taken back the forum but since this isnt calypso's forum anymore no one is updating anything.

PCF is still the official forum for Planet Calypso and will remain so, as I explained in the following post:

PlanetCalypsoForum.com is still the official forum for Planet Calypso and will remain online, as I explained over one week ago in the following post:

Kim|MindArk stated that MindArk officials will be posting on EntropiaForum; he never said that "PCF is no longer supported by MA" or that PCF is no longer the official community forum for Planet Calypso.

I expect that as MindArk's new Planet Calypso team gets settled in, those staff members working on Calypso will once again be available here on PCF to communicate with the community.

Actually no, no colorful language last time...I guess either I'm not funny or censorship is alive and well.

...or you ignored this long-standing forum rule:

2.7 - Profanity
Profanity in thread titles or user titles is NOT permitted. Profanity in posts should be kept to a minimum, and not be used in a comment directed at other members, Forum Staff members, Entropia Universe planet partner representatives or MindArk representatives.​

...or you ignored this long-standing forum rule:

2.7 - Profanity
Profanity in thread titles or user titles is NOT permitted. Profanity in posts should be kept to a minimum, and not be used in a comment directed at other members, Forum Staff members, Entropia Universe planet partner representatives or MindArk representatives.​
Profanity? What part of white dog poo is profane?

I'd have to go with 'poo'.

Do you really care? I can't remember the last time, if ever, I have looked at the front page. In fact I think the best solution to the 'problem' is to just make the frontpage the forum itself.

I'd have to go with 'poo'.

Do you really care? I can't remember the last time, if ever, I have looked at the front page. In fact I think the best solution to the 'problem' is to just make the frontpage the forum itself.

Poo is profanity? Really? Maybe in your country (wherever that might be) but not in mine.

Anyway, censorship aside, yes I do care. No I'm not losing any sleep over it. I realize this is a free forum too, but still I think one spot for top news is usefull, as I don't have time to scour the forums. However, it has been explained that there simply isn't the manpower, which is fine, done deal.

Back