Fun Space pvp moment today

Gianna

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Studio Delphine
Gianna Uli Cadell
Had a great pvp moment in space today. I was farming Skyflail young near Arkadia SS in the quad and my quad was down to maybe 3% structure, so I started heading back to SS to repair. I was about .5au out from SS and laser beams are flashing past my cabin. I went into barrel roll instantly but I knew 1 hit would take me out...BAM...explosion...choking in space in pvp red zone. Person didn't kill my avatar or loot.

I rezzed at Ark SS, quickly repaired and got back out there. I engaged their quad near the nesting area, they fired back and a battle ensued. I was noticing I was taking hard damage. Player prob had high skills. It was 100% thrilling. Blood flowing.

He shot me down again, he could have looted, but didn't. I repaired at SS and he landed in station and repaired his quad while I repaired mine. I surrendered the right to farm that area of space that day. I was bested, and that is pvp.

what a rush :)

Had a great pvp moment in space today. I was farming Skyflail young near Arkadia SS in the quad and my quad was down to maybe 3% structure, so I started heading back to SS to repair. I was about .5au out from SS and laser beams are flashing past my cabin. I went into barrel roll instantly but I knew 1 hit would take me out...BAM...explosion...choking in space in pvp red zone. Person didn't kill my avatar or loot.

I rezzed at Ark SS, quickly repaired and got back out there. I engaged their quad near the nesting area, they fired back and a battle ensued. I was noticing I was taking hard damage. Player prob had high skills. It was 100% thrilling. Blood flowing.

He shot me down again, he could have looted, but didn't. I repaired at SS and he landed in station and repaired his quad while I repaired mine. I surrendered the right to farm that area of space that day. I was bested, and that is pvp.

what a rush :)
You were NOT IN LOOTABLE PVP.
he shot you for fun. That entire area you detailed is not lootable.
Only the red parts of the map below of space are lootable, see this map:

You sure? i thought it was a wonderful moment. Even if it wasn't lootable, who cares lol?

And shooting people for fun...is called pvp

You sure? i thought it was a wonderful moment. Even if it wasn't lootable, who cares lol?
Yea that section isn't lootable pvp.

I never said anything about it not being a fun time :)

Yea that section isn't lootable pvp.

I never said anything about it not being a fun time :)
:) so than we agree but yea, it might have not been lootable. I will admit, I don't even look at the skulls much.

I will admit...I had a bit of a Jack and Rose moment at Ark space station. While we were both repairing our Quads. When they are on the very front of the Titanic and Rose spreads her arms like wings...

You did ruin that a little bit for me, but that's ok :)

One of the irritating bits about honesty sometimes - and being right.
But I do see it as marking the territory, and mutual respect and fun can be created in a good fight, and friends/lovers made sometimes ;)
Ok, so the not looting thing was not chivalry but mechanics. But maybe you can go for a return match tomorrow for a few hours of 'rights to the mobs'!

If you don’t care about losing money, I’ll make up some NFTs of myself if you wanna buy some. Who knows what might happen…

Check your radar. Normal PvP will have the first indicator red. Can’t be looted here.
Lootable PvP has the first two indicators red.
Really if you just mouse over them they will tell you what they mean.

Yea I know what the skulls mean. Its quite self-explanatory really. The money thing is irrelevant in that everyone plays (some work?) for different reasons in EU.
I said it before and I will say it again; I gladly pay MA for the pleasure of PvPing. I enjoy the experience itself, so I am willing to deposit money for the content it provides.

FINAL EDIT: lol sorry misread your whole thing Katie. Thought u were saying I like wasting money on a game I actually enjoy, but I see what you meant now :)

Last edited:
I had a nice little battle back and forth with a few people at one of the robot areas on stream. I haven't had that much fun in a WHILE in game. Made the whole TWEN event worth it when you would be sneaking around robots for a sneak attack or use a sniper to try and hit someone for shits and giggles.

If you really like space pvp. Consider joining up with the mothership people. Bonnie recorded an awesome bit of content on twitch where they battled with a pirate mothership, there were quad dogfights in there as well as they launched out from the hangar to attack/defend. I’m not really a space person so I don’t know how often that kind of thing happens, it’s probably rare.

you could also join up with the pirates, I’ve seen their recordings too where they coordinate an attack on a mothership and pull it out of its warp. Costs them alot of luck, coordination and money to successfully pull a mothership out of warp and down it, but they do try and it’s fun to watch.

Sounds like someone was practicing. Odd they didn't try and shoot your avatar.

Back