Suggestion: Gear Rental Terminal

I’ve been thinking about this since reading this thread:

The OP in that thread suggests that more UL weaponry/armor should be added to the game. I don’t think that’s the right solution to a perceived problem.

Rather, why not introduce a terminal that facilitates renting out gear?

In this manner, an Uber doesn’t have to request collateral because the safe return of the equipment would be ensured by MA through a time-based rental system.

This would make rentals more accessible to the lower-end player base and should - at least in theory - generate more rental income for the Ubers who own all the weapons. Additionally, MA could charge a fee for facilitating this service which would create more revenue for the ole Ark.

Win-win-win, right?

Interested to hear any opposition to this one. Thanks!

John

I don’t think there is a problem that needs to be solved from the other post. But this won’t fix a perceived supply issue or “high” prices. Likely do the opposite.. all guns now come with automatic safe passive ROI generation. That will increase utility and therefore demand. And a seller now has reduced pressure to sell if they can park their old weapon on the terminal while they wait for that perfect buyout.
The main downside is now mango will come back with 3 times as many posts complaining about the same thing, you make it worse haha.

I don’t mind rental terminal if done right though.

totally agreed, i would love it... side effect.... people would dump all "deed, shares" and more, buy gears to lend on the system
i mean... a 120k scimitar (collateral request) can be borrowed (forum post) for 1200 ped/week... it is 1% per week....
based on CLD that yield 5% it would be a fee of 120.000 * 0.05 /52 = 115 ped per week,.,,,,,

of course whatever over 115 "collectable" make it more interesting than a CLD....

a mid size Armatrix user pay 60 to 100 ped per day in MU, it would be 500 ped per week for a better item...

i love it but i see 2 effects
1. immediate jump of item value by 500%
2. immediate collapse of shares and deed by 50%
3. immediate DEATH of crafting

are we ready?

I like it to a degree. It would give me access to weapons I currently don't have the balls to buy.

Feel there would be a problem with a rental system though;
- Someone would buy up all the items.
- What if a person holds 10 mod nanos and rents them, then disappears. That weapon would be lost.
- L weapons would need to be developed.
- bottleneck during events
- People would spend % of their bankroll to rent. Rage quitting and moaning of 80% TT returns.

Think I would rather see some form of upgrade path for weapons.....Linking all 3 professions and not just buy ingredients. It would be like, complete the new Spina cave....To unlock the mission to upgrade...Building more community and team vibes. Ubers could run services (as they already are) to help less skilled players... Again making the community better.

- Adjusted EP41, improved EP41, Modified EP41, Perfected EP41
- Cryogenic 8, Adjusted Cryogenic 8, Improved Cryogenic 8

If these are Balanced well I think this could add some MU to the game for players. TT wins for MA. Allows people to upgrade and grind for their own weapons and they can settle into whatever level their bankroll allows.

Last edited:
Think I would rather see some form of upgrade path....

- Adjusted EP41, improved EP41, Modified EP41, Perfected EP41

If these are Balanced well I think this could add some MU to the game for players. TT wins for MA. Allows people to upgrade and grind for their own weapons.
theres still a lot of ul 1.0 weps with no upgrade path, maybe they could use some love

thats a good idea
ubers can buy all and rent it now without big problems
for casual players its good opportunity to try equipment before buy it

First thought Was hell no

Second thought its a great idea and economy booster

Yes MA do it - it's a real cash economy game isn't it?

This would change the economy in so many ways it's not even funny. I think people need to settle down and ride the wave.

Let's see what happens once tween is officially done, give it a couple of months, see what else Mindark comes up with to entertain us until UE5

2018:

:coffee:

this game already has too many passive incomes( bots, shares)
lets not create another one.
make people actualy play the game.

this game already has too many passive incomes( bots, shares)
lets not create another one.
make people actualy play the game.

This ALREADY exist..

It's already possible to rent your items of course, so making it possible to do so "officially" via an in-game system wouldn't change anything at all for people who have items to rent.

On the other hand, it would change everything for those who can't afford to pay collaterals needed for renting these items.

This ALREADY exist..

It's already possible to rent your items of course, so making it possible to do so "officially" via an in-game system wouldn't change anything at all for people who have items to rent.

On the other hand, it would change everything for those who can't afford to pay collaterals needed for renting these items.
yeah, but making it legal. would make this a way more profitable and easy /care free service.making item prices skyrocket.

I don't think renting is illegal now. (?)
People are doing it pretty easily, via this forum mostly.

And again the only people who are able to rent these items, are actually the ones who would be able to buy it.. since asked collateral is usually the MU of the item (if not even more)

IF MA want to BAN renting, why not, if they think it would be better for economy, then i'm ok.
But if not, then the idea of a terminal would be good, to suppress collaterals and then to make it accessible to as many people as possible.

This ALREADY exist..

If you can't afford to buy it, you can't afford to use it. As far as for short term need for the weapon goes, you can always buy limited gear, which works perfectly fine at the markup it's sold.

You need to make millions of loot instances to know where you're at, with renting that's just not doable.

Whoever wants to have fun over the weekend can already rent weapons, and/or buy limited gear for fun, but fun is all you're getting, because profit is million of loot instances away from you (unless you are lucky one in 10.000)

I don't think renting is illegal now. (?)
People are doing it pretty easily, via this forum mostly.

And again the only people who are able to rent these items, are actually the ones who would be able to buy it.. since asked collateral is usually the MU of the item (if not even more)
This is silly thinking. With an ingame system, people wouldn't need the collateral like they do now when renting weapons/items. Having a sure fire way to get your item back in exactly 7 days, people can't run away with them etc.

With the way the game is set right know you're either botting 24/7 on multiple accounts for 95%+ TT returns or you're trying whatever else is left for 80% returns. What's the point of renting gear? If you own it best case scenario you get 95% or a little more if you have a good bot(s), but then if you pay daily rent you can't even make that. So you pay more to loose more. Trying out a gun before buying it is one thing and this is a thing, but it's a short term deal. When you put it like you did, it's long term rent, and there is absolutely no economically viable model when this could be beneficial to a player in the current ssystem.

This is silly thinking. With an ingame system, people wouldn't need the collateral like they do now when renting weapons/items. Having a sure fire way to get your item back in exactly 7 days, people can't run away with them etc.

Uh !? 🥸

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I have a feeling you're saying exactly what I'm saying...

If you can't afford to buy it, you can't afford to use it.

First of all, it's not true.
If I have 10kped to spend, and the weapon I want to rent requires 10kped of collateral, then I will indeed have 0 ped of bankroll left, which is a bit light...
But if the collateral no longer exists, then I have my 10kped for ammo (these figures are just an example).

Secondly, if I want to rent a super weapon, just for fun, or just to test it, or simply because I want to loose even more money, that's my problem.

And thirdly, you're assuming that only weapons would be for rent, and even only high-end weapons, but that obviously wouldn't be the case.

So yeah basically anyone can rent pretty much anything, managed by MA, so without collateral. dumb idea, only dumber thing would be mod nano and rest of high end toys in tt.

So yeah basically anyone can rent pretty much anything, managed by MA, so without collateral. dumb idea, only dumber thing would be mod nano and rest of high end toys in tt.

Oh rly the TT nano blade ? Again ? :unsure:
How much longer are we going to see this lame joke ?..

What's stupid is simply saying that something is stupid without giving any arguments.. :rolleyes:

Oh rly the TT nano blade ? Again ? :unsure:
How much longer are we going to see this lame joke ?..

What's stupid is simply saying that something is stupid without giving any arguments.. :rolleyes:
There would be no need to buy/sell weaponry at all in economy this small, except for business opportunities. No point to craft L weapons. Would ruin the market, specifically for reason this game is way too small if we consider active community size.

Uh !? 🥸

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I have a feeling you're saying exactly what I'm saying...
Yeah I was agreeing with you, my bad, I think I left a word out XD

There would be no need to buy/sell weaponry at all in economy this small, except for business opportunities. No point to craft L weapons. Would ruin the market, specifically for reason this game is way too small if we consider active community size.
7500 monthly active on the generous side.

Back