General exploit discussion thread

Had an exploit where I could kill mobs while flying, the mobs couldn’t reach you and wouldn’t become unreachable. Have a very fun videos on those I believe from Feb 2021?
The mobs are flying or you are? How do you shoot while flying?

I can record it and upload it if you want to meet up and describe the process to me

You can use a rocket launcher to deal yourself damage in PvP so that if you get killed by someone else, they will get the "this loot is claimed by someone else" message and won't be able to loot you cause you dealt more damage to yourself then they did.

Well, a smart PKer, will heal you befor he gives the killshot, and loot you anyway.

Well, a smart PKer, will heal you befor he gives the killshot, and loot you anyway.
And you just pull out your rocket launcher and deal yourself damage again.

And you just pull out your rocket launcher and deal yourself damage again.
I can just imagine someone trying to kill themselves while a PKer is trying to out heal them so they can kill them instead, that is such so anti-trope it is hilarious. It should be a skit somewhere

Seems to me like someone is trying to get some exploits in order to use them :D

Noone will share the Real "gamebraking" exploits

I was the only stupid one ... learned from this

I did go public in order to force a fix , "the community wuld benefit"

It forced a fix but the community did not benefit... we enjoy 85% return now, got looterskills and all that bullsh...
Mindark didnt even say thank you
(Back in Times they payed you)

Last time i reported a exploit,Bug

Last edited:
Seems to me like someone is trying to get some exploits in order to use them :D

Noone will share the Real "gamebraking" exploits

I was the only stupid one ... learned from this

I did go public in order to force a fix , "the community wuld benefit"

It forced a fix but the community did not benefit... we enjoy 85% return now, got looterskills and all that bullsh...
Mindark didnt even say thank you
(Back in Times they payed you)

Last time i reported a exploit,Bug
So it's your fault.

Everyone get him!!!

No clue if this was mentioned already, but pill stacking exploit still works for combat effects. Skill pill stacking was fixed? it shows it graphically in the UI that they're stacking but they don't provide the benefits only whatever boost the latest pill gave.

If you keep your TT or Repair Unit terminal open, you can simply equip it but not use it(hence no decay) and still proceed to TT or repair as you like.

No clue if this was mentioned already, but pill stacking exploit still works for combat effects. Skill pill stacking was fixed? it shows it graphically in the UI that they're stacking but they don't provide the benefits only whatever boost the latest pill gave.

If you keep your TT or Repair Unit terminal open, you can simply equip it but not use it(hence no decay) and still proceed to TT or repair as you like.
No the repair tool will say failure when you try and not repair

legal multi account exploit:

You can have others play your account, this is fact.
If your mom or dad wants to make an account and you want to play it, you can do so. You can trade your items to them for multiple auction slots. So long as you have a copy of ID on hand for each person, you can utilize unlimited auction slots and have characters on each planet for other exploits.

I don’t think there is any possible fix for this exploit, maybe only allowing you to play on your own account? But there are players here that publicly pay others to play for them that wouldn’t like that
i have my beloved account logging from my IP, have reported proper identification and was told i can have multiple identified people on the same IP, it is allowed.

I don't know if this is an exploit, a bug, or a game mechanic that I don't understand; when I enter zones close to SS where the pvp skull is orange, certain ships I can still damage. There was a Starfinder in Ark tonight that I brought down to 30%. I get good skills from it. Heavy weapons skill esp. weird thing was, the owner was online. But Who knows if they are inside the thing....

anyways...she wasn't in red zone so I didn't destroy it, thatd be unfair I guess.

I don't know if this is an exploit, a bug, or a game mechanic that I don't understand; when I enter zones close to SS where the pvp skull is orange, certain ships I can still damage. There was a Starfinder in Ark tonight that I brought down to 30%. I get good skills from it. Heavy weapons skill esp. weird thing was, the owner was online. But Who knows if they are inside the thing....

anyways...she wasn't in red zone so I didn't destroy it, thatd be unfair I guess.
There's a cool down timer where you are still vulnerable to damage after leaving pvp.

I suspect this thread will devolve into a collage of directionless anger and accusations levied by players with many different mental representations of Entropia, each uncritically assuming that their own mental representation matches that of the developers. Occasionally we encounter an exploit which is truly a clear cut case, involving convoluted actions that unambiguously betray the developers' intent, but most of the time debate over even a single putative exploit warrants many pages of discourse, and even then must often be clarified by the developers. Sadly, developers handle this so inconsistently that extrapolation from their individual statements to underlying principles is generally not possible. Here are just a few facets of such analysis that pose significant challenges...

• The documents which forbid exploitation give only the thinnest hint of guidance as to what actually constitutes exploitation. Examples have to be pieced together from many distributed sources.
  • Oftentimes the sources consist of private communication, such as support cases, so that everyone in the community except for the case author are receiving the information second-hand.
  • There is no unified framework of developer intent maintained by MindArk, even behind the scenes, so the rules are fragmented across the universe based on the whims of each Planet Partner (i.e., using vehicles to absorb area-of-effect damage falls within the permissible bounds of developer intent on some planets, but not on other planets).
  • Developers' statements themselves sometimes have fuzzy boundaries (i.e., on Rocktropia there is a boss mob players can summon by turreting other mobs, and NEVERDIE has stated that turreting those mobs falls within the bounds of developer intent, but repeated turreting them to summon the boss mob does not).
  • It is not clear whether a developer's statement continues to establish developer intent after the statement has been removed from the Internet (i.e., I believe in the above case with NEVERDIE, the forum it was posted on is no longer hosted).
  • It is not clear whether a developer's statement continues to establish developer intent after the development team ceases operation (i.e., SEE Digital Studios made several forum comments about exploitation).
  • Developers' statements are often arbitrary, making extrapolation next to impossible (i.e., repeatedly entering a vehicle to escape mobs while mining falls within the bounds of developer intent, but doing so while hunting does not; one might wonder as a result whether hunting and mining together fall outside the bounds of developer intent).

I'm sure I could list many more problems, but in short I think there is probably too little consensus on underlying philosophy to undertake this project in any sort of rigorous fashion. Perhaps a historical collection of statements by developers on exploitation that also acknowledges these challenges in their interpretation would be more useful, as that wouldn't require us to assess the very difficult "truth question" for each putative exploit.
This..Not Op's fault but known.

There's a cool down timer where you are still vulnerable to damage after leaving pvp.
That isn't it though. I was able to fly up to the ship over a 30 min period and do damage to it periodically, while it was docked in a safe zone. So me having a pvp timer, allows me to attack ships that are safely docked? You are correct in that once my pvp timer expired, I can't attack the ship anymore. But all I have to do, is fly into a pvp zone, fly back to the safe zone, and I can continue destroying the Starfinder.

Any other game, all those vulnerable ships would have been blown away 100x over. Guess Entropians are kind or don't enjoy blowing expensive ships.

That isn't it though. I was able to fly up to the ship over a 30 min period and do damage to it periodically, while it was docked in a safe zone. So me having a pvp timer, allows me to attack ships that are safely docked? You are correct in that once my pvp timer expired, I can't attack the ship anymore. But all I have to do, is fly into a pvp zone, fly back to the safe zone, and I can continue destroying the Starfinder.

Any other game, all those vulnerable ships would have been blown away 100x over. Guess Entropians are kind or don't enjoy blowing expensive ships.
Why waste money on blowing up ships that you cant get anything back from and the owner will pretty much say, thank you for free vehicle repair skilling :)

I believe it is not intended that you should be able to damage ships while they are docked. If so, it is likely a bug (and strange that it hasn't been noted before). On crossing borders when you get the message about being attackable for another 30 secs, both kinds of "spaces" are pvp and you can kill other players, just one side is lootable and one is not. I forgot what the exact message was (despite reading it every time lol). It should be different from the one upon leaving a planetary pvp zone. If this is unclear, it could be an oversight in the message wording since we don't have direct borders between lootable and non-lootable pvp on a planet surface.

Why waste money on blowing up ships that you cant get anything back from and the owner will pretty much say, thank you for free vehicle repair skilling :)

I gain massive skilling from throwing rounds at Starfinders. I got it down to 30% and stopped since I won't grief. You get lots of skill in Combat: Heavy Weapons, its my favorite skill. If the ship is reinforced or w/e you can really do well with them. I have noticed some take about 20-30 rounds (0.4 ped/round I think it is) and some take way longer to get to 30-40%.

Back