Generic Components Drop Rate

Its hard to know exactly what the reason was. I saw it as possibly an attempt to maintain the proper balance. It seems to have gone back to a normal drop rate now, at least for my last hunt. So my feeling is it may have been a response to a heap of them sitting in someone's storage having been stockpiled and now doing nothing, so they pumped a fresh load back out into the game in the hope they'll get used as they're intended.

That is highly likely.

I would imagine that (if not already, then it is likely something MA is working upon achieving at some point) the system at the end of each month when a database crunch/account system crunch is done would go through such items in the economy and determine there whereabouts and status.

ie. In circulation, or stored with a static standstill status, thus making the system go into a *issue more into general circulation* state to ensure that the reallocation of these required units does not become strangled, or increasingly limited to use a better term :D

Not sure if this would be an automated process at this time and may require intevention from the balancing team, though I could be wrong since it did occur right after the end of month/end of quarter period (heh end of fiscal year too). Who knows, if it was an automated process it could be done at any one of these points of database crunches.

Then again, it may just be the new drop rate /shrug.
The EU system is a very strange beast to understand at the best of times.
Either way, I am hoping that things do balance out and as Slither mentioned, short-term it does become a double edged sword which is tricky for the crafter to evade at times, potentially incurring losses if one acts too quickly in responding to change.

Take Care,
Sparkz

"Mindark has to date not made any substantial efforts in marketing the
Entropia Universe towards increasing its number of end users, or shall we say
citizens of Calypso!" 2007
Jan Welter Timkrans CEO Comment

it s clear ! MA at least don t care at all about drop rate etcetc, with new planets and CRY2 want just expand the user number.
So before this happen don t hope to have any major change in the market/drop rate system. And this is really sad.

So before this happen don t hope to have any major change in the market/drop rate system.

Don't really understand this post. What we're discussing here is a major change in the drop rate of some components :confused:

Well jimmy how you know better then me the game is very complicated and MA cannot change one parameter of the economy without affect the whole economy. So if MA increase the drop rate for a component this will have repercussion on hunter, crafter system etcetc. So each change in the global EU economy IS always a major change.
Of course i m still a noob and maybe i m wrong. In this case let me understand where is my mistake. I will tank you all.

the game is very complicated and MA cannot change one parameter of the economy without affect the whole economy. So if MA increase the drop rate for a component this will have repercussion on hunter, crafter system etcetc. So each change in the global EU economy IS always a major change.
Of course i m still a noob and maybe i m wrong. In this case let me understand where is my mistake. I will tank you all.

Well I agree with that.

I just don't see how it relates to the first post you made where you said there won't be any major change in drop rate because MA aren't spending much money on marketting at the moment. :scratch2:

Well I agree with that.

I just don't see how it relates to the first post you made where you said there won't be any major change in drop rate because MA aren't spending much money on marketting at the moment. :scratch2:

yup, MA is quite happy about EU, game is growing up (slowly but constantly), new investors arrived and are coming, in others mmorg forums EU is always more and more evident..... so the system for MA (and for few players) works very well. Then why they must change it? at least, how Marco say, the 90% of the stuff is working about cry2. I don t see any major change in the global economy until the release of new planet and cry2. I will enjoy have it soon, but just i don t think we will have.

Well I agree with that.

He means he wants useless and worthless weapons to drop that ensured guaranteed loss for anyone not uber, rather than have cheap components that are used to craft weapons he and everyone else can use on a daily basis.

euhm drc, i l ltry it in caps: IT DID CHANGE

2 days ago components are dropping maybe 5 - 10 times more.
its has happened, thats what this post is about .... auction went from 9 pages too 56 pages, with more amounts also per posting.

this affects alot: prices, hunters, crafters, investors, metal res prices, mineral prices, bp drops and prices, its a wave that passes through most proffesions atm.

and about that steady MA rise in game ... if u come to twin sometime and find me at the auctioneer i ll show u something that will make u want to withdraw all your money;)

Back