Generic Components Drop Rate

Level

Elite
Mayby my english skills sucks...but I will try to tell ya something.

Many of us were whinning about drop rate of Generic Components (atau, escp, bscp...etc). Because of high prices and low drop rate...many limited guns prices were going up (for example P5a reached almost 151%, Adapted Montgomery Anabolic was going for 200-220% ? etc).

Last night...as if by magic, drop rate of Generic Components has been drastically increased. And what Entropians do ? Again..., they whine about generic components too high drop rate...P3WN3D (OWN3D)

C'MON !!

It's difficult to satisfy everybody, I know, so I call all present whiners to state a satisfying plan...
Tell me and others...what is your satisfying vision ? Because I see only 2 options here:

1. Stay with present insane drop rate and hunters (limited weapon users) and crafters are happy. I think this opened way to discover Weapon Book III Blueprints and also lower prices on weapons = longer playing time (which whets players appetite so they will pick more powerfull weapons more often)

2. Bring back old drop rate = expensive limited weapons and less crafting attempts.

I hope you understand. Feel free to post everything related to this matter, I will try to understand all and mayby post something :) Do not ignore this thread because It was wrote by myself :(

Best Regards.

Hi,

Personally I think the drop rate needed to be increased as the inflation of Unlimited drop weapons is outrageous to the common day folk who engage in Entropia for enjoyment.

The limited items and their associated generic components were starting to follow a similar trend hence having a kill off effect upon participation of the participants whom are still in the process of levelling up via sib based weapons or are reliant on such weapons as they can not afford or do not see value in investing large sums of money into dropped unlimited weapons (or find lvl 100 non sibs weapons way to uneconomical due to their current profession standing level in the associated area)

You have a good point Level, the same applies to casual crafters not willing to make weapons due to the high price and associated risk factor involved of losing generic components per attempt ...

After time it becomes a pattern that is adhered to after losing upon them a number of times. As the saying goes, once bitten, twice shy.

If you speak to some of the top end crafters, they will only craft these sibs items using (L) blueprints due to them not requiring these generic components as they find the price on them for the most part outrageous, period.

So all in all, personally this is a measure I feel MA should have tackled earlier.
Though it is better later than never.

The number of generic components required per combine and the what seems from what I am hearing, increase in failed attempts occuring, these generic components need to come down to a sensible range in price ... eg. 500% to 1000% for the most rare of the generic component variety.

None of this 2000 - 5000% rubbish, it will just cause the above described learnt and adhered to behaviour when the crafter comes to evaluating risk and managing those risks.

Take Care,
Sparkz.

PS. As primarily a hunter at this time, I am more than willing to take this hit on lowered return of these items with the foresight that it will help increase activity within other spheres of EU, hence helping to increase participation rates across the board along with money being processed and distributed throughout the EU system.

PPS. Truth be told, it is also partly the reason why a number of participants with money to invest into EU have gone and taken the non SIBS un-economical path in EU with purchasing mid to high end dropped weaponary; As the associated short-term loses (poor returns) of using such items un-economically is somewhat cheaper and easily offset by the high markups on (L) items. This in turn exacerbates the inflationary problem of these unlimited non sibs and dropped unlimited sibs weapons through higher demand for them amongst other things.

Last edited:
I think the generic components are one of the few items with a high markup that a hunter can still loot so I disagree on increasing the drop rate insanely to lower the price. On the other hand, if the price of these compnents is high, then the cost of hunting increases due to % increase on weapons.

Normally I will not pay over 150% for an (L) weapon. When the price of the p5 was around 130%, I used them all the time. Now that the price has risen, I use HL6. So, I adapted instead of moaned that the weapon I used was rising in price.

I would have to suggest phase drop rate. Some years/months/VUs the drop rate is high, others it is low. If it is low then possibly looted gun drop rates increase so there is at least always a reasonably priced weapon. I don't know if it would work, theres proberbly a million reasons why it wouldn't. From top of head - everyone saves thier components until drop rate decreases, but then nearly everyone tries to do that anyway.

I think the generic components are one of the few items with a high markup that a hunter can still loot so I disagree on increasing the drop rate insanely to lower the price. On the other hand, if the price of these compnents is high, then the cost of hunting increases due to % increase on weapons.

Let me make this very very simple... What difference is it to you if you loot 1ped with 5k ped markup or 10ped with 500ped markup ?

The higher dropsrate will ONLY help - Not hurt anyone in any way... Well it might hurt the ones who had stocked up on these items - But that is/was a gamble from the start (Yes I had some in storage as well for later crafts)

This new droprate means:

1. More crafting attemts = Good for crafter
2. Cheaper weapons = Good for (L) weapon hunters
3. Same "income" for hunters (More TT with lower TT) = no change
4. More crafts = more ores used = Good for miners...

Tell me one single bad thing about this besides from the fact that ppl who had stcoked WAY to much on this might lose on it...

drop rate increase is a great thing. the markup was to stupidly high. no one is owed anything by MA, so hunters (i am one) are out of luck and i am not sad. now the guns i use should be more common and cost less. so that is good for me.

now i hope i see esi in the tt machine and then i truly will be satisfied ;)

heh yeah a resellrs nightmare... or a change ??!?

the amount needed to brign prices down will be huge, and it looks liek MA is determined to push this through.

auction went from 12 pages too 55 in few hours and still rises.
it might as well be that al lthe itemswill come in tt range this weekend, who knows.

Let me make this very very simple... What difference is it to you if you loot 1ped with 5k ped markup or 10ped with 500ped markup ?

what difference? 4500 ped markup? :laugh:

yea, i am in silly mood

this is fantastic news! soon I'll be able to buy a P5a for 120% :yay:

Normally I will not pay over 150% for an (L) weapon. When the price of the p5 was around 130%, I used them all the time. Now that the price has risen, I use HL6. So, I adapted instead of moaned that the weapon I used was rising in price.

I would have to suggest phase drop rate. Some years/months/VUs the drop rate is high, others it is low. If it is low then possibly looted gun drop rates increase so there is at least always a reasonably priced weapon. I don't know if it would work, theres proberbly a million reasons why it wouldn't. From top of head - everyone saves thier components until drop rate decreases, but then nearly everyone tries to do that anyway.

This is all good and fine and would suit you own situation and possibly a number of other participants, though you are in a minority.

You need to have a proper understanding of the sibs crafted progression range across all firearms and melee weapons and the generic components used to craft each to understand the point being made by Level, also the points I was making in my post.

People tend to have very narrow / tunnel vision when considering the participant base as a whole which you have demonstrated here by classic example.

Not all dropped (L) are available all the time when needed, not all drop (L) weapons fill the gaps in levelling throughout sibs progression.

The dropped (L) range compliments the crafted (L) range in requirements to be used at various profession standing levels.

Here is another classic analogy ....

100 farmers have groves of grape vines growing, producing an excellent yield and healthy profits. The water from the river which all 100 farms draws is dying due to bad irregation techniques.

It is quite possible that by the following season that if these bad techniquers are not rectified the river will turn acidic which ofc would kill all the grape vines.

A tarrif is introduced on metering the water taken from the river ...
What do you do > ?

A. Do you pay the tarrif and improve your irrigation techniques.
B. Do you steal from the river and ignore the declining state of the river with the potential of killing off the river completely by next season.

No brainer really now isn't it.

I would prefer to take a hit on the markup made out of generic components and keep things moving in demands required/requested by crafters whom are actively participating within that sphere of EU, knowing that more participants of all walks of life from the wealthy to the not so wealth, hardcore gamer to the casual participant looking for entertainment will have their individual needs met.

Everything in EU has a knock on effect, if you can not see this, then you are sorely mistaking if you think simply adapting will rectify the issue at hand.

This issue has already been left in a state long enough to see if things would adapt and rectify themselves ...

Unfortunately it has not and MA has come to making an executive decision (balancing department) to help with the rectification process. (Re-balancing)

Hope you can open your mind a little more and start thinking on more level than one, across all spheres of activity rather than just using a cop out phrase, adapt, without seeing past your own situation/circumstances.

Take Care,
Sparkz

PS. Please do not take that personally as it was not directed at you personally.

It won´t make the crafted weapons cheaper imho.

Most of the usable L waepons need Hansi or any other rar ore, that is why crafters won´t craft this weapons.

I stocked some 100 of every generic component for my own crafting, and it was not the generics that have been to expencive, other things are much harder to get.

Generic components are really affordable and available in satisfying quantity.

No need to increase that drop rate, more important to increase drop rate of ores like Hansidian needed for Getrek Buttstocks and Solar 12V Batteries, that are needed to craft nice weapons.
Or Langoz for the montgomery anabolic.

Btw P5a is real cheap to craft compared to other weapons.
The price up is just the greed!

It won´t make the crafted weapons cheaper imho.

Most of the usable L waepons need Hansi or any other rar ore, that is why crafters won´t craft this weapons.

I stocked some 100 of every generic component for my own crafting, and it was not the generics that have been to expencive, other things are much harder to get.

Generic components are really affordable and available in satisfying quantity.

No need to increase that drop rate, more important to increase drop rate of ores like Hansidian needed for Getrek Buttstocks and Solar 12V Batteries, that are needed to craft nice weapons.
Or Langoz for the montgomery anabolic.

Btw P5a is real cheap to craft compared to other weapons.
The price up is just the greed!

What about all the items under level 30 ?

I had nothing but issues with costs on generic components, from you included at one point remember :D

Yes, some prices have come down, but the really high end weapons, especially in the firearm range do require rare ores ...

Melee ranges do not have such requirements for the average day folk to get to an exceptable level to start using a variety of (L) items 30+ in their associated professions

30+ in profession level also gives an exceptable level to start a cut across to non sib lvl-100 weapons if you desire to do so ...

Uneconomical yes, but over an extended period, it is not too bad. Downside ofc is you need the budget to consistantly throw at it until you start hitting releases of the built up wastage, globals & HoFs.

~ Sparkz

PS. Crafter greed is only short term, those who change their costing structure with the price trends (Which most of the everyday shop owner based & other reputable crafters do) make larger quantities of sales. Other crafters tend to follow suite once they start figuring out that sales are slow.

Many of us were whinning about drop rate of Generic Components

Last night...as if by magic, drop rate of Generic Components has been drastically increased. And what Entropians do ? Again..., they whine about generic components too high drop rate...

C'MON !!

Level, here you learn a fundamental truth of the EU economy. Whatever MA do, there will be whining about it.

That aside, the sudden increase in drop rate is quite interesting. My first instinct is that its a response to stockpiling, and perhaps a subtle statement from MA that they control the economy, no-one else. But that's just my, slightly drunken, guess.

Level, here you learn a fundamental truth of the EU economy. Whatever MA do, there will be whining about it.
:) I have gained intelligence :yay: finally my RL IQ passed 10 hehe
That aside, the sudden increase in drop rate is quite interesting. My first instinct is that its a response to stockpiling, and perhaps a subtle statement from MA that they control the economy, no-one else. But that's just my, slightly drunken, guess.
You are right my friend, good :)

And Lavawalker, I am impressed, I would love to quote all your posts and post my sign under :)

Waheed is right too:
This new droprate means:

Noone can stand against these arguments :)

I hope this drop rate will stay with us :)

Waheed is right too:

This new droprate means:

Well actually not all can be true. MA don't just suddenly give something for nothing.

I think 'more tt' is not really likely. Probably same tt, just less oils and more components. As to 'no change', well it depends. If you hunt with a non-L gun and was enjoying the ATAU markup, probably a bad day for you. If you hunt with P5a and was not enjoying the recent increase in cost of them, probably a good day for you...

Sad to say but probably the next step in this path is the current weapon crafters whining because everyone and their mother is crafting the weapons now, when only a few were previously as failures now cost a fraction they did. Over the next few days/weeks we'll likely see all the people sitting on bp's such as the p5a (which still drops and I know dropped today already) start crafting for skilling & bp looting and undercutting any profit that was being made.

Sometimes getting what you want isn't always the best thing....

ME LIKE MARKET FLOOD

Humm. Fiscal year, anybody?

Affordable for the average china player?

this is fantastic news! soon I'll be able to buy a P5a for 120% :yay:

Because they were so unaffordable at 130% :scratch2:

Sad to say but probably the next step in this path is the current weapon crafters whining because everyone and their mother is crafting the weapons now, when only a few were previously as failures now cost a fraction they did. Over the next few days/weeks we'll likely see all the people sitting on bp's such as the p5a (which still drops and I know dropped today already) start crafting for skilling & bp looting and undercutting any profit that was being made.

Sometimes getting what you want isn't always the best thing....
Metal and Energy residue might go higher instead.. I have got gem stones out of bigger globals instead of residues.. I think it doesnt let weapons prices go down too much..

As always...this is sad part of the story, like wake up and having a hangover (other crafting materials being expensive) after great party (insane drop rate of generic components). Forgive me my yesterday's happiness, I forgot about "cause and causality" rule.

but...higher mineral prices = happy miners ?
higher residue prices = happy skilling low-lvl crafters ?

Nah...I just get up several minutes ago, now in front of me lays coffe and another hardcore-hunting day begined. Give me some time to make my mind work correctly :p I will try post something.

I had nothing but issues with costs on generic components, from you included at one point remember :D

Yes, it was back then when I crafted the rutics and kesmeks.
Remember back that time! BTAU was at 5-10k % markup. MA increased droprate, and price on BTAU went down to 1k-2k%. That was some month ago!

Today its 1.5k%. what is good (fair) price. You may craft this swords at a fair price, around 105%.

Do you remember what you paid for the rutics and kesmeks, when BTAU and BSCP where around 10k%. The swords have been damn expencive imho!

Todays situation is a little different, generics already have gone down in price. Now the droprate is increased again, that hurts mainly the hunters that have one item less that sells with nice markup, the crafters already have been in a position to craft this melee weapons break even. Now they have incresed chance of profit, if someone thinks price on Rutic Slo / Kesmek Slo will go down, damn its close to TT Food, don´t think anyone will go down more.

Alive sold P5a at a real fair price in his shop, cheaper than Buzz or Slithers. Anyway the price charged by Slithers and Buzz was fair, too.
Why are this crafters not anymore in the position to offer this weapon at 132-136% ???

Why is the price on this standart pistol higher now????
The resources needed are near to TT Food, except the ATAUs.

If anybody stocked shitloads of ATAUs and drained the market, its another resellermanipulation, not a lack of drop rate of ATAUs.

just my 2 pec

the problem is...one dude with alot of peds can predict that such drop rate may be changed (decreased) so he in full happiness is buying now shitloads of ATAUs and ENCPs etc at low price...after half a year he will sell it for 2-3 times more, nice profit.

This "insane" drop rate do not hurt hunters, because Generic Components were only MINOR part of the loot before drop rate change (it was like +10 peds in market value/each 500-1000 ped ammo, on feffoids it was like +10 peds/3k ped processed). Now...hunters can find (I felt a great disturbance in the Force...drop rate of generic components is decreased now ? Or I am out of luck) more of them and still "profit" is minor as it was before.

Why are this crafters not anymore in the position to offer this weapon at 132-136% ???

atm crafters are trying to sell stocks of weapons which cost them a lot to make due to high atau prices without losing too much.

Component prices have not yet fully adjusted, I personaly am not buying any atm as I don't want to craft weapons to sell at 135% only to find them still in my shop tomorrow when i'll be crafting to sell them at 130% (made up numbers for example purposes only :))

It's gonna take a couple more days for prices to fully adjust, and weapon prices will be falling all the time.

increased drop rate is a double edged sword for crafters. Yes, we'll be able to do more clicks, and also be able to make weapons which were previously priced out of crafting, but crafters will be cutting each others throats to get a sale.

I expect to see weapons selling for less than it costs to make them, and many crafters losing peds, same as they do with amps.

the problem is...one dude with alot of peds can predict that such drop rate may be changed (decreased) so he in full happiness is buying now shitloads of ATAUs and ENCPs etc at low price...after half a year he will sell it for 2-3 times more, nice profit.

Well if someone want to invest 100kped to make 10kped over the course of six months, that's their choice. which means they make less money due to Real inflation (3% a year) and fees (10%) so they would be standing at 98%.

And that's before capital tax. THe thing with ESCP's was that the amount dropped was ten times the amount that had been sold in auction precious.
V1*p1+C=P2*V2

Meanwhile, nubcake mcsellery has his funds tied up in compoennts instead of begin able to spend them on market manipulation....

Well if someone want to invest 100kped to make 10kped over the course of six months, that's their choice. which means they make less money due to Real inflation (3% a year) and fees (10%) so they would be standing at 98%.

curious where you pulled 10% fees from?

It seems to me that the last few months has been a big push to cement the (L) Economy.

First, Metal Residue drop rate was drastically increased making it cheaper to craft nearly all (L) items.

Next, Uber (L) armor introduced.

Now, Generic component drop rate vastly increased. This will make (L) weapons even more competative with the UL ones. As a side note, it may even shift the crafting profession away from the invest $10K and make money profession as it is seen by many now.

The way I see it, these have all been moves to make the largest portion of the player base (hunters) happier, especially the new ones. Something this forum has been asking for for as long as I've been here.

As a side note, it may even shift the crafting profession away from the invest $10K and make money profession as it is seen by many now.

No, its still the same problem.

You have to build up some basic skills, and you need to improve the QR on the BP you want to craft.

The way you may choose is: Buying a nice BP with QR (will cost around 5-10k PED) or craft it from zero to a nice QR (your loss at the beginning will be 5-10k PED untill you have a QR with acceptable success rate).

Getting started in crafting is still expencive :)

Beside the effect to crafted items, when the droprate of described components change in such dramatically way , i see the problem more in the general trust to the proper balance of the game.
It hardened the feeling that we are not only part in a big gambling
but rather in a manipulated big gambling :mad:

Beside the effect to crafted items, when the droprate of described components change in such dramatically way , i see the problem more in the general trust to the proper balance of the game.
It hardened the feeling that we are not only part in a big gambling
but rather in a manipulated big gambling :mad:

Its hard to know exactly what the reason was. I saw it as possibly an attempt to maintain the proper balance. It seems to have gone back to a normal drop rate now, at least for my last hunt. So my feeling is it may have been a response to a heap of them sitting in someone's storage having been stockpiled and now doing nothing, so they pumped a fresh load back out into the game in the hope they'll get used as they're intended.

Back