Suggestion: Generic (M/F,L) looted armor instead of (M,L)

Would you like generic (M/F,L) armour instead of ML / FL in loot?

• Total voters

siremi

Old Alpha
Emi Odyssey Sir
Hey everyone,

This is a suggestion for the Developers. It's formulated so it fits with the current system, but improves / enhances the User Experience

As we all know, when we hunt, we loot armour parts, some are useful, see Vain L, Chronicle L , Supremacy L, Sentinel L

However, a lot of the times a Male avatar will loot Female parts, and if you're looking to make a set, it's disappointing.
The prices are usually the same for these looted pieces, but availability is lacking (a lot) for high end armour.

The question is not selling the unwanted armour (that we can), but rather having the option to wear the looted part (when lacking availability in auction)

So the suggesting is: Give us the ability to wear a generic Armour (M/F, L) instead of Armour (M,L)

The code change is trivial and any Dev will understand it. The armour will conform to the avatar sex once equipped.

There is no change to drop rates, we just replace (M,L) with the generic (M/F,L) tag

Also, crafting high end L armour. We don't even bother crafting (F,L) parts for high end armour anymore, as it's hard to sell.

Optionally, you could apply the same method to UL armour. We've all seen how hard it is to get an UL set of higher end armour. The gender just makes it 2x times harder.

Hope we get this will make hunting for armour parts more fun.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I want people to suffer I guess, idk.

All honesty, player base is so small for those rarer armors it does suck

Should have been done sooner

We can identify as any gender IRL, why not ingame too? Heck if you have anything to say about it in some EU countries you can be arrested.

Probably the times to privilege or discriminate someone by sex are over.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
If you like it or not.
I can't stress that enough. And no amount of Bigots in game or on the forums will change that

This has been suggested for over 10years and nothing has ever happened. So good luck with your request...

Its a simple code change yes, but its not a simple switch change at all. Armor models are a thing and the armor wont "comform" in the sense you think it does... SO you'd either have to accept most armors then clipping 1000 times more badly than they already are or wait for UE5 where L armor being unisex as a change could make more sense...

It is a thing more likely to change with the upgrade however as the engine wont be limited and newer technology isnt straight up ass.

The more intriquate thing is, for L armors, unisex makes sense imo. but for UL armors, not so much. Then its no longer just a simple switch either and ends up being a thing to royally screw over markets and inflate prices and all sorts of stuff.

... or wait for UE5 where L armor being unisex as a change could make more sense...
This, I hope they could implement unisex (UX,L) armour in UE5, rather then copy the old (M,L) / (F,L) logic...

Either get rid of M/F armors, or start implementing left / right hand tools and weapons.

I have changed my mind i am now 100% against seperating even L armors. I want to dual wield! xD That would actually be quite cool.

I have changed my mind i am now 100% against seperating even L armors. I want to dual wield! xD That would actually be quite cool.

Well, originally i was thinking about left and right hand avatars ofc, and they would be able to use only the matching weapons and tools.
But dual wielding also have a potential, like hunting with 2 x LP100 mod could be interesting.

I just afraid MA would screw it up totally and the guns would shooting like this:

pew​
pew​
pew​
pew​
pew​
pew​

instead of this, as they should:

pew​
pew​
pew​
pew​
pew​
than it would be terrible to play like that.

While I dont like the idea even if I see a commodity. Im quite sure MA will eventually have more "body modification" to be a bunch of hispter.
The armor situation will resolve itself on at least a UL level.

Maybe they wait the next engine to give my avatar a big :banana:

You could maybe swap the M to F at crafting terminal for some basic ores, could give back shrapnel in tt.

You could maybe swap the M to F at crafting terminal for some basic ores, could give back shrapnel in tt.
Oh, I like this. It would help the economy as swap ingredients can have markup and solve the M/F issue.

However, it's a bit more coding involved.

Back