Genuine question about the Auction System

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

there is an auction on Cyrene for Turrelion Essence that started at 100% (normal markup in excess of 30k%) ... so someone bid and I bid as well and was instantly overbid ... an hour later I put in another bid and was overbid instantly again ... The next day the same thing, overbid by the same person, instantly....

Now, how is that possible? Surely this person in question cannot be online and watching the auction 24/7 and also, there was virtually NO time between my bid and his next bid.

Are there (legal) bidding programmes, or is there something about the auction that I still have not understood?

I mean on eBay if an item is a dollar and I bid 100 dollars, then the bid stands at 1 dollar until someone bids higher ... But in EU if I bid a hundred dollars, the item would instantly stand at 100 dollars ...

Thorougly confused on this one, any help is appreciated, thanks

This question seems to pop up every few months.

Entropia Universe 15.1.0 Release Notes (from 2014)​

Auction Order Improvements
Auction orders will now place bids automatically on offers with no buyout and on offers with buyouts higher than the auction order’s maximum bid. The automatic bids will be made at the lowest legal bid amount and the system will continue to raise the bid against subsequent competing bids as high as the order’s maximum price will allow. Offers with a buyout price lower than an order’s maximum price will be matched immediately at the offer’s buyout price, functioning the same as before this update.

More info

IN B4 TEH LO...sorry, I know it's not 2005 anymore, my baddo

But seriously, this confused me a couple years back as well. The other side of the coin is that you have to be careful not to list an item to sell to an auction order already allocated to a bid.

UE = the Neverending Story. You will tell your grandchildren that when ue5 comes, milk and honey will flow.

Back