Gold rush rules problematics (Arkadia)

What would you guys say is a good point total after each 2 hour hunt?
5k seems pretty average. I'd imagine you would want much more for it to be considered good.

From Dylan
"Please remember to obtain the quest from the Gold Rush Quest giver at : [Arkadia, 11213, 9674, 248, Waypoint] and not the IFN terminal."
How about: "Dear Dylan, please remember to remove quests/missions that can only confuse people and cause hassle!" OR, as a DEV, see there is an issue you cannot quickly solve and TELL people clearly what to do [in a prominent place, such as edited into rules and not just a post later]. THEN you can talk about "remembering" - maybe...

Anyway - looking good so far - got my first drops of weaps in absolutely ages, which is a nice little effect in the loot like the good old times (aside from looting unsellable puny guns from puny mobs). It's good to be on Ark again (as a combo of gold rush and codex).

Not directly a problem, but sort of indirectly: I cannot make any sense out of the cryptic clue Dylan gave us in chat at the opening of Gold Rush.
My question is: do we collectively think it was BS - or is there indeed a secret in the instances relevant to the clue? I don't necessarily want to know what it is - maybe just a better clue please???
Other than that, is there any difference in the weaps being dropped in the categories? Cat 2 seems to be dropping piron stuff of about L27.

What was the clue? And Id take the answer to the secret too 😂

Last edited:
Not directly a problem, but sort of indirectly: I cannot make any sense out of the cryptic clue Dylan gave us in chat at the opening of Gold Rush.
My question is: do we collectively think it was BS - or is there indeed a secret in the instances relevant to the clue? I don't necessarily want to know what it is - maybe just a better clue please???
Other than that, is there any difference in the weaps being dropped in the categories? Cat 2 seems to be dropping piron stuff of about L27.
I don't know the exact clue but i think it had something to do with the statues. I've noticed that the glass dome of the statues lights up when the boss is spawned and it's indicating the location of the boss. The lights won't go out though so you have to keep track which dome was already lit.

I don't know the exact clue but i think it had something to do with the statues. I've noticed that the glass dome of the statues lights up when the boss is spawned and it's indicating the location of the boss. The lights won't go out though so you have to keep track which dome was already lit.

The first one to light is always the one the statue in the middle is facing, and they then will always light counterclockwise from there.

It was a clue about keeping an eye on the statues, Thark. Thanks for the next two tips, Twiffo and Nana. The middle statue always seems to be pointing north for me, but I could be wrong, and I haven't noticed lights in my low settings. I noticed the boss spawning due to the earthquake we get - and just slowly went around to get it.
The original clue was about the correct amounts of what to get something you didn't know you wanted. It could be the number of kills to spawn the boss I guess, so it could all just be about that.... Thanks folks :)

Just a quick reply on scores (in my experience in cat2)
first of all monster barely touch me in Base vbiceroy

1. range 94 dps setuo 4.609 to 5.365 (5 x 2h sessions)
so i can average 5.000 per 2 hours or 41 point per minute
2. melee 56 Dps 2614 to 3520 ( 3 x 2h sessions)
and average 3000 or 25 point p'er minute

i consider this (added to the "points are randomly distributed"
as category 2 is best for Top players because they can deliver
about 200 dps so if this relationship holds it is 10.000 point
per session or more.

It is clear that hgh tiered "demolishing" tools DO impact.

to whose that are in the < 100 damage i suggest to
FORGET a dropship and focus on codex rewards
and on the Skill pills that drop (in good amount)
and IMHO dont use them but save for "near unlock bad zones"
to make less painfult he progress in those points.

Just a quick reply on scores (in my experience in cat2)
first of all monster barely touch me in Base vbiceroy

1. range 94 dps setuo 4.609 to 5.365 (5 x 2h sessions)
so i can average 5.000 per 2 hours or 41 point per minute
2. melee 56 Dps 2614 to 3520 ( 3 x 2h sessions)
and average 3000 or 25 point p'er minute

i consider this (added to the "points are randomly distributed"
as category 2 is best for Top players because they can deliver
about 200 dps so if this relationship holds it is 10.000 point
per session or more.

It is clear that hgh tiered "demolishing" tools DO impact.

to whose that are in the < 100 damage i suggest to
FORGET a dropship and focus on codex rewards
and on the Skill pills that drop (in good amount)
and IMHO dont use them but save for "near unlock bad zones"
to make less painfult he progress in those points.
Yup BP-130 and BC-120 event :) rest scrubs can just enjoy bang average 90%tt returns 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, my guess is that anyone serious will make sure they get at least 1x5k points in their score, otherwise they will simply reset and go again. Over 20 hours the higher dps players will be slaughtering any advantage a lower dps player with some additional luck on top will be getting.
The only pills I've had so far have been 1hr/100% ones, but those are just fine in my books. GL :)

Mhh too bad! I thought those cats would have dps restrictions detailed in the missions which just werent mentioned in the announcement. Any experience on waves for those points? I remember people saying that way back in the first few mayhems with that style of point scoring?

In the past there has been some suggestion of waves, yes, but this time round is the first time I've seen the points drops specifically referred to as random in the rules notes. We no longer get stars dropped to 'remember' our runs by, so dunno if people will observe either frequencies or the order of the points they get. Mine have been 'mildly irregular' so far, but I'll need to do quite a few more hours to get a proper impression of randomness - or not.

its weird how big difference in scores are in this goldrush in diff categories if 5k/run is good in cat 2+ im getting 30k/2hours in cat 1 with shit weapons :S

hoping to atleast win something losing 200ped each run T.T

and 250 points is highest ive seen

Last edited:
One question given the limitations set only for cat1 is how many skill pills cat1ers have been getting, assuming they can achieve more kills per hour despite presumably more noobish dps?
Commentators on the other cats have suggested that cat2 will give the most pills per hour as whatever setup a person uses, he/she will get the most kills per hour in cat2. However, if the drops are not actually random then other factors come into play. I have come to the conclusion - as always - that points and item drops are 'linked', once again it's waves at play for items, and sure enough, getting either 250 points or a gun is a sign that the loot pool has been "fed" and you are thus likely to get more within the next couple of mins. If you don't, then you may as well sit around, or bob around just like a surfer that knows approximately when to expect the next 'favourable wave'.

I find it pathetic, even if I am lucky and able to tap into a new wave just as I am about to stop, continue for another 10 mins because I know the pills are on, and get 2x5hrs from the bosses and several 1 hrs.

It's like - I dunno - being able to score goals or points while the other team isn't even on the field. Not there at the right time? Too bad, the other side has already beaten you (to the loot)!!! That's not my idea of a 'competition'!!!

in cat 2 i did until codex 25 (70ish dps) took over 80 pills (some i used) and 7 of the bigger ones.
and i posted already that every randomness is stripped in over 20 hours and it is DPS-based
so just to name names, JBK that is fighting in cat 2 99% will win a ship to add to Titan of Space Fleet
(and i am happy with this, so it will sell shared warps at 10 ped each also with that) :)
i dare to comment that he is about 4800....5200 point per hour average ... we will see

Last edited:
Back