Question: Good Merp Spawn

Kas92

Guardian
Kristian "Kas" Andersson
Spent to much time since i came back from a loong break from the game looking for a good merp spawn. Because i almost done with 5k mission. LA 51 and skalmans LA that was good back in the days i was playing doesn't work longer.
So, anyone know a good LA or spawn of lots of small merps!?

:rocket::rocket:

I would like to know as well - did up to the 1k on the LA by segna forest, but it has since become overrun with neconu

I did make the long run and swim to Cayuze yesterday (that stunk, at what was worse was the Iron challenge pre-scout quest for rippernappers, another wasted 45 min lol)

Anyways, on my way out there, I traveled across Shinook Quarry (AOL64) and I saw one young maturity Merp and I killed it!! Didn't see any more...might have to look for some more soon!

I was there a few weeks ago, and the merp density is really really low

there is a small spawn pretty much north of Boreas, just past where the lake that has the 3 highest maturity freshwater rippers on Caly in it. Where there is always 3 there, if one dies, one repops within 10 seconds. Just north of there is where the Mod Merp spawns (L38ish, pretty tough in ghost for a med level player, Perseus would be childsplay) and around there are mature to prowler merps I think. Not a high spawn at all, would consider it "low" but you could piss around there if you wanted kills. Someone could make a mint with a 3 x young merp DNA with selling cheap launchers on a shopkeeper ^^;

I did make the long run and swim to Cayuze yesterday (that stunk, at what was worse was the Iron challenge pre-scout quest for rippernappers, another wasted 45 min lol)

Anyways, on my way out there, I traveled across Shinook Quarry (AOL64) and I saw one young maturity Merp and I killed it!! Didn't see any more...might have to look for some more soon!

Bugger, thanks for letting us know though.

Someone could make a mint with a 3 x young merp DNA with selling cheap launchers on a shopkeeper ^^;

Apparently not, that's why Atamis Paradise no longer has them...

I'm standing sw of Billy's right now (60734, 79318), and yes there are some Merps, up to Guardian. But the spawn has more Cornundos and Molisk than Merp.

Also checked out Lardinho's spot (74320, 70050): As he said, bigger maturities including Mod Merps. One of them critted me for 257 on my way out :D

yeah found lardinho's spot as well (thx dude) - theres like 5 mod merps up right now - merp maturity appears to be dominant and up, so not a good spot for you yet, Fred

Apparently not, that's why Atamis Paradise no longer has them...

Actually, there were 3 (small) Merp LAs:

- OLA 51 (west of Atami's Paradise)
- what is now Farsight Plains (between Nea's and Silver Ridge)
- OLA 53 (north of Segna)

Most natural spawns of Eudoria do not seem to be hunting spawns, unfortunately. It looks as if the Merps were just put in as an addition to the main mobs to make things more 'interesting'.

I checked the former outpost south of Jason, but since the revive from there is Jason now, it does not really make sense to go all the way across the lake to hunt a few Merp, maybe get killed in the process and have to go back to finish a Merp off. The density is not that of a hunting spawn anyway.

Edit: There are also some Merp in the Miwak area (including the high altitude spawn around 379xx, 440xx), but, again, there are also Hiryuu, Atrax, Exa, Argo and Bristle as well.

The Solfais area, too, has a few Merps, but you have to run a lot for a few kills.

The only spawn with a high density I can think of right now is east of Chimera in the area between 808xx, 822xx and 817xx, 834xx. However, there are few youngs and there are also Tantillion in this spawn. Another difficulty is that you have to tp or fly there, because it is long way from the tp/revive.

Last edited:
The only spawn with a high density I can think of right now is east of Chimera in the area between 808xx, 822xx and 817xx, 834xx. However, there are few youngs and there are also Tantillion in this spawn. Another difficulty is that you have to tp or fly there, because it is long way from the tp/revive.

this area is pretty amazing for merp actually - mid density, mostly young to old (but I have seen up to guardian) - the tantillons are really annoying, however (they aggro from like 60 meters out) - I would suggest not hitting this one until you have armor, or you will get overrun fairly quickly

OLA 42 North used to be exclusively small Merps that I would classify as medium density. Not too crowded, but not hard at all to find your next target either.

That was quite a few months ago though, so things may have changed since then.

OLA 42 North used to be exclusively small Merps that I would classify as medium density. Not too crowded, but not hard at all to find your next target either.

That was quite a few months ago though, so things may have changed since then.

This one has small Ambus now and has transformed into the second biggest group sweating spot on Calypso.

Hmmm...I'm going to have to check this place out, that's if I can get up there. Is it easier for someone like me to get there by going east from Chimera or maybe west or like south west from Fort Pandora?

I remember that at some point it was very difficult to get out of the Chimera area on foot since you got stuck in dead end canyons in that area. The same would be true for any car. - Not sure if the area has been redesigned in a way that you can do this now.

Also, are the Tantillions that bad? I see the young/mature/old have 50/60/80 HP respectively, I should be able to handle that (similar to daikiba hp). Do they all aggro at once like Rippersnappers or something?

Tantillions tend to hit quite often. So it is rather the number of hits you get when you are attacked by several Merps and Tantillion at the same time - especially if you start hunting there and the respawn sets in.

I remember that at some point it was very difficult to get out of the Chimera area on foot since you got stuck in dead end canyons in that area. The same would be true for any car. - Not sure if the area has been redesigned in a way that you can do this now.
I didnt do much exploring, just hopped in the sleip and zoomed out. but id does still seem to be the case.

Tantillions tend to hit quite often. So it is rather the number of hits you get when you are attacked by several Merps and Tantillion at the same time - especially if you start hunting there and the respawn sets in.

this. The little froggies do like to munch on your ankles quite often

an update: i successfully drove out of chimera canyons going east

see my earlier post

I know there is a sparce area east of atlas haven over the to the other side of the river. But the spawn is really bad and mixed.

is there a lack of DNA or interest of any La owners over merps ?

If ANYONE finds any turps at any point, please mention here :D

anyone recommend a armor/plate for Mod Merp? it tore through jarhead+5b like paper lol

Back