Guide for noobs by noob.

yasic

Old
Yaroslav Yasic Naumenko
Well, I had a go at making a guide myself. It can be found at http://crevoscope.com/profitentropia/ though it should be moved to a new domain name (hopefully by Monday if my calculations are right)

I figured that since I just started, I know what type of things a noob would be looking for.

Anyways, in addition to the regular questions of what you feel about it, what should be changed, and the sort.

*** And do not think I do not appreciate help with those questions, I do! ***

I have 4 specific questions about my guide if you all don't mind me asking.

1. Does it seem clear, can you understand my language? English is not my first language so sometimes I become unintelligible so I want to make sure it is not the case now.

2. Did you find the 'get to port atlantis' sub-guide ok? Do you like the idea of having it on a separate page, or should I combine the two into one single page. If you did like it, should I add more such sections, or move existing parts of the guide into independent sections?

3. What questions should I add to the faq. The first 4 were ones I wish I had answered for me easily, and the fifth is for people who annoyed me :rolleyes:

But I cannot think of adding more questions to the faq? Remember this guide is meant for people who have just joined and I do not want to clutter the faq with information that is not needed for the first few days of gameplay.

and finally
4. Do you think this guide has merit, or is it junk that should be scrapped. I plan to add quite a few parts to it including a guide on using the auctions, more on armor parts/guns for the first buy choice, and basic ped management skills, and I don't want to go through with this only to find out it does not matter anyways. I know you all want to be nice, but please, if it is junk, say so so as to spare me much time and effort.

Well, thank you all for your input! I do appreciate any comments at all :D

Reactions: Wed
Good guide.
Although why start with the Emik when you can use Opalo without markup?

Ohh you mentioned the Opalo, I was just skimming the first time..

Good guide.
Although why start with the Emik when you can use Opalo without markup?

Ohh you mentioned the Opalo, I was just skimming the first time..

I choose S30 over Opalo for 3 reasons.

First, the mobs I found from my experience to be the best in terms of accessibility and ease for noobs are them exos, and they drop plenty of S30's (I found way more than I had to buy). This will save them the trouble of having to sell the excess S30's they will find and ignore then auction fees.

Secondly, almost all noobs start with the Opalo. For the same price they get a different skill set than the standard noob which I feel may end up benefitial.

And thirdly, it gives them good practice at using the auction on a common item with little risk with close to no downside.

These may not be stone solid, but I did not hear any particularly good reason as to why they should not take this path (and if I do, I will be happy to change my guide :) )

As for the cheaper price, the opalo has a lower damage per pec rating which, if you add in the not lost market fees of the auction from found guns, ends out making the ped cost of the 2 guns about identical!

Back