Question: Guide needed..

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
I am eagerly awaiting a guide on pets.

Stuff I am especially curious about:
- How to increase affection (without a ridiculously overpriced brush or other item)
- How to increase focus

What do these two variables do?

20 mins of doing tricks increased affection on my strong exo from 0% to 30% (and burned 10% of 1k nutrio bars I fed it). Meanwhile Focus increased from 10 to 14%, even though I expected it to drop from so much work.

From what I heard, when affection reaches 100%, you can use a name tag item to give the pet a name. Considering that a tag costs 5$ in webshop (besides those that were given for free with ancient pets) and a name length is 9 chars max (unconfirmed), using pets for advertising isn't going to be as popular is it used to be :)

20 mins of doing tricks increased affection on my strong exo from 0% to 30% (and burned 10% of 1k nutrio bars I fed it). Meanwhile Focus increased from 10 to 14%, even though I expected it to drop from so much work.

From what I heard, when affection reaches 100%, you can use a name tag item to give the pet a name. Considering that a tag costs 5$ in webshop (besides those that were given for free with ancient pets) and a name length is 9 chars max (unconfirmed), using pets for advertising isn't going to be as popular is it used to be :)

It costs 5PED. There is limitations to the web shop so the lowest price that can be set is 5$. Therefore you actually buy a tag AND get 45 peds for your 5$.

It costs 5PED. There is limitations to the web shop so the lowest price that can be set is 5$. Therefore you actually buy a tag AND get 45 peds for your 5$.

It still takes 5$ depo each time. I'd say it's quite a well thought out "limitation" :)

Do tricks at 100 or 99% focus only.. I found keeping the pet fed below 85% makes the food last longer...
never have the pet do tricks 50%(if you dont want to listen to the 99-100% focus) focus unless you are trying to force experience into it, as it will burn its energy(food) even more with lower focus, and also provides less experience for the pet.

You gain random skills while having the pet out, VERY SLOWLY. Tricks sometimes gives you skills.
Tricks and time out with u will gain the pet experience atm.

If you want taming skills, training a pet is very slow, taming them provides tremendously more skill gains.
One skill gain from taming is the same as about 3-4 hours of tricking and having the pet out.

Affection increases over time and while doing tricks.(got my bristlehog from 0-100% in about 8 hours., that includes keeping the pet out and tricking when it has 100% focus.)
And focus regenerates over time.

Back