Question: Hangers: what are they used for now?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
Hangars: what are they used for now?

What are hangars used for these days? They look amazing now. But can't you spawn a ship and fly into space almost anywhere you want?

Last edited:
They are used for hanging clothes.

Hangers in Entropia:
Noose.jpg

Honestly though, they are just fancy houses right now... not much other purpose to them.

What are hangers used for these days? They look amazing now. But can't you spawn a ship and fly into space almost anywhere you want?

Just curious...difference between hunger, hanger and hangar is same in US as in UK ?

As for EU hangars, they are used for keeping peds in safe asset.

Thank you for the answers guys. I fixed my misspelling in the original post :ahh:

I wonder what changes MA will make to space travel to make hangars viable.

I would personally like to see Privateers once again able to land in hangars.

In fact, since Privateers and hangars does not have to be owned by the same people anymore it could be changed like this:

1) Make Privateer the largest ship able to land on planets (without a fee or thruster decay).
2) Make it so you have to land with "autopilot" (landing animation) in an empty hangar.
3) Allow hangar owners to set their hangar to "Public", allowing any ship of the size to land there.
4) Allow hangar owners to take out a small fee (per hour or day or whatever) from any ship landed there.

This would give Privateers a small advantage, allow Hangars to become profitable (or at least give some income), give those that own both Privateer and Hangar an extra benefit as they could just use their own hangar and then rent it out the rest of the time.

Of course, they would need to add some kind of mechanism so that the Hangar owner can remove any ships that are parked for too long (in case they want to land their own ship, sell the hangar or something like that). One way to solve this could be to put in a minimum amount of inactivity (five days or something), return xx% of the fee to the ship owner and then move it to the closest hangar with equal or lower fee.

If the ship owner can not pay the fee anymore (card empty), the ship would be moved to the nearest space station.

Were the Hangars redesigned by SEE studios or by the Calypso Dev team. We can only assume that with all the effort that went into to creating them, that they will have a use again in the next few years....

Back