have u guys noticed?

iNfusioN

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Fabio iNfusi0n Pedro
have u guys noticed how mining sucks now or is just me???

i mean the "hofs" are like... 200-300 peds MAX compared to that 800-1k that we saw all time and stuff...

is it me or mining "changed" in this new VU?

i got an aswer to that....

Thier is only 1 loot pool... since thier is a 3k ped hof on hunting a day it seems, and all the top 10 hofs are 1k+, that really means mining is shit outta luck... this also might have happen because of the spots that changed... MA doesnt spawn or everywere, because that would be insane to have some guy sit thier and say "i wanna put a hof, here, here, and here"... they do it by computers, meening that once thier are about 20 spots that will hof on the map and the rest will only be stuff up to abundants... and since people telephine hofing spots, more and more people telephone it, and we all mine the same spots so when they do respawn a hof its low.... for example a great starts at leik 40 peds and can go till 55( i think) this meens that when the great respawns it is at 40 peds, but if u give it a week or so it will be up to 50+ and u will get a global.... same thing for the vasts and stuff... forexample, u get a massive... they start at liek 300 and end at 500... this means it may take a month for it to get thier, and in that time 6-7 people r mining the same spot the same day meaning that it will only have time to regen to 325 peds, and look liek a plentiful...

just sum stuff i no that is true... if u through in the fact that thier is mineral layers, with the amount ofpeople that mine their, and the time span between them, u will see how badly your chances r for having a great+ let alone have it fully regenerated...

yes, i would say this info is about 70-80% true... ive mined for about a year and a half and it has worked for me...

yes. things have been changed, so we need to adjust for it. not sure how, but im sure we will figure it out... ive been pretty discouraged about mining lately, but i think it just means i have to figure out whats different.

so no, its not just you, ive seen many people talking about it. on the flip side of things, i think mineral prices will be going up, which is good for miners...

Yeah that sucks. I mean miners bust there asses to keep the locations and fight of annoying mobs just to get like 1k mining stuff max while hunters get 3k and stuff on like regularly... Just aint fair I tell u :(

Im picking up changes aswell, my number theory is not working as well as it should. Time to stop playing till it's fixed me thinks.

Echo said:
Thier is only 1 loot pool...

If there is only one lootpool and both hunters, miners & crafters are claiming loot from it, can´t it be so that since there is mostly hunters in PE there is a bigger chance that the 1k+ hofs goes to the hunters?

or is it just me that is in desperate need for a cup of coffee?
does coffee comes in pitchers? :D :laugh:

i got a 1 pint coffee mug :D

bluetail said:
and ive got :spam:, bluetail.
perhaps whats happening with the mining is the same thing as with hunting... i think on a different thread, leafren suggested the following:
it used to be 2.04/6.18/1.92/0/4.23.... now its 0/0/0/15.89/0 etc.
if you understand what i just said (im not entirely sure I do :silly: ) youll probably understand how it correllates.

but in all reality, i fail to see the basis for the complaints... most of my mining has been done SINCE the VU... and with the new market prices, i make a profit every time i can afford to take a LARGE number of bombs. and im a n00b... so maybe, whatever patterns you hilevs and vets are utilizing, you should belay the use of for a short time, and see what happens?

I've been mining almost every day since 7.3, and I haven't noticed any difference at all in amount of ores or where they are located compared to 7.2.

Darkaner said:
I've been mining almost every day since 7.3, and I haven't noticed any difference at all in amount of ores or where they are located compared to 7.2.
WOW, darkaner... after everything else on this post, and every other mining thread since the VU, the contrast from them to your statement was so astronomic it actually made me laugh.
:D

Glad I could make you happy. :laugh:

Perhaps it has to do with what mining technique you use. If MA did change something it might have affected some people more than others because they mine in different ways. Who knows, after 7.4 I might be the one complaining. :)

something surely changed... it cant be that all my mining spots are DRY clean of ores... i mean... WTF???

i quited mining now... cause its seems all the peds are in hunting.

The day the new VU came out i got 2 Hofs mining. After that i have recd nothing much of anything. As i posted in my diary, 100 bombs and 25 ped in deposits. These are spots that i have mined and recd HoFs before.

I have been having great luck with hunting. So i think i am gonna stick to that for awhile and let the mining work itself out.

Let me know when its better! ;)

Suicide

Darkaner said:
Perhaps it has to do with what mining technique you use.
ever heard the phrase "a n00b is like a chicken with his head cut off" ??? :D

thats somewhat corellative to MY mining technique...

Imo mining is better on this Vu :p
2 globals and 3 hofs best was vast of iron :)

Monroe said:
2 globals and 3 hofs best was vast of iron :)
thats exactly what ive always dreaded with mining.... your first hof being something that takes 6 hours to pull lol X)

there is no spoon o_O

3 Huge Mining hofs yesterday....
so looks like MA listened.

iNfusioN said:
have u guys noticed how mining sucks now or is just me???

i quess you dont think it anymore on that way? :laugh:

Edit: oops, i noticed that someone bumped 7.3 VU topic up :S

Last edited:
bluetail said:
If there is only one lootpool and both hunters, miners & crafters are claiming loot from it, can´t it be so that since there is mostly hunters in PE there is a bigger chance that the 1k+ hofs goes to the hunters?

No fair invoking common sense :)

Back