Question: Heavy grinders/players - How do you do it?

How long is your average Entropia session?

• Total voters

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
I see people pretty regularly saying they play something like 10h+ a day and my question to you guys is - how do you do it? Are you retired? Military? Don't sleep? I know that some people play this game as a source of income so it might be a job for a few. Other than that, I'm curious to see how you guys have the stamina and time to play for that long, and what circumstances in life allow you to have that much free time to play Entropia :D

I figured this would be a good discussion to talk about our average gaming sessions in Entropia as well.

Cheers,
-Hyp aka Lunatyck

I only play under 1 hour because I got a baby at home that needs attention, so I just kill a few mobs here and there whenever I can. I think to be a successful hunter, you will need to have a long play session. like 10+ hours. This is so that you can catch the up and downs of loot wave. This also allows you to build up stacks of loot to sell on auction. This play time availability is what separates the ubers and the common folks. It also takes stamina too. Before I had the baby, I had more time and I could only last 4 hours max. The combat system is just too repetitive. Watching the same animations. This game takes patience. I had fallen asleep in front of my computer a few times. Guess this is why I'll never become an Uber. Don't get me wrong, I still love this game and have fun playing it. It's just that I know I cannot last over 4 hours grinding. I'll have to either take a break or change up my activities. Would love it if I am able to just keep grinding away like the ubers.

I had often thought about this suggestion:
combat wish list
-add new combat mechanics similar to other popular MMO out there. We don't need to have the best but just need to be competitive to attract more people playing.
-The most popular MMO around start with letter "W", has engaging combat mechanics. There's slow shots to kite mobs. There is stun and backstab, there is root and blink, there is mobs with charge up attacks and we can avoid them. Mobs can dash up to us and stun us. We can also do the same. These elements makes the combat very engaging.
-For people who don't like these popular MMO mechanics we can have weapons that have the "silence" effect, this prevents mobs from using special mechanics and also prevents the players from using those mechanics so it is just the same as now if you so choose. Or maybe even a settings switch. Or maybe only certain mobs will allow these type of mechanics.
I know it would be a nightmare for developers and balance manger to make this combat mechanic change, but I think it would really make this game more competitive. Brings up the spice factor a bit in this game.

My answer might skew things a bit, for im not grinding as long as im playing. Ill jump in and out of RL whilst logged in. A lot of folk in the IT industry can play "at work" also :unsure:

. Ill jump in and out of RL whilst logged in.

Same here, although I do play a lot :)

I work from home and it doesn't take much effort so plenty free time. My wife isn't very well so I'll often dissapear without notice, which is one reason I don't like to team hunt.

As for how do I grind, I watch TV/netflix/youtube on one window and play on another, or I'll do research on the net for my work while playing.

My new H2020 ring has made life really easy :) I hunt with adj ml-35 so there's almost always something in range, the 55m auto loot means I don't have to run around looting, and the 2% lifesteal means I don't have to fap on many mobs I hunt. So basicaly I'm a human auto-clicker, mob dies - click intereact, mob dies - click interact etc. Basically, I play the game in the background while doing something else.

Better be truthful than sorry.
Less than 30 min now because I'm not sweating anymore.
Few minutes to log in to check my peds and stuffs are still around.

If I play more than 1 hour, I probably sweating, doing mission or random stuffs.
If I play more than 3 hours, I most probably sweating a lots
If I play more than 8 hours, I will realized that I have wasted too much time in EU doing nothing good except contributing my peds for my skills.
It's time to stop and reset the play time back to less than 30 min.

Well since COVID, work from home for the past 9 months. I have 3 screens, 2 for work during the day and 1 for the home PC, when I’m done working I’ll switch my PC over to dual screens so I can hunt while chatting on discord browsing internet, buying random shit on Amazon, etc.

I play while working, just tabbing along with that F key on a pitch black screen with gamma and brightness at lowest setting. Also worked from home last few months so no need for blackout atm.

During work days i mostly play the evening for 4-5 hours with a break for diner and in weekend i can be there for 12-16 hours.
I'm grinding mid-level mob most of the time but I provide a healing service that take more and more time everyday as it developed.

On a average basis, i voted for 4-8h daily.

Last edited:
I am a teacher in real life. started as K-12, after that TEFL in high school. Currently I Teach a bit of English, Webdesign, Videoediting and Gamedesign for students aged 15-16. Entropia is a part of the curriculum, because of its unique revenue model. So you could say Entropia is a part of my job.

I am a teacher in real life. started as K-12, after that TEFL in high school. Currently I Teach a bit of English, Webdesign, Videoediting and Gamedesign for students aged 15-16. Entropia is a part of the curriculum, because of its unique revenue model. So you could say Entropia is a part of my job.

I like this! Get'em sucked in while they are young!

haha nah really though, good on you. My hats off to any individual who teaches our youth, mad respect.

A lot of people you see grinding for 10+ hours, are actually bots, or set up repeat auto target, for as long as the equipment tt allows it, they just stop by pc once in a while to repair :)

A lot of people you see grinding for 10+ hours, are actually bots, or set up repeat auto target, for as long as the equipment tt allows it, they just stop by pc once in a while to repair :)
That's what i figured. Given how the mechanics of this game are set up seems MA is okay with it. If so I don't mind either as long as it isn't interfering with others hunting since ped cycled is ped cycled

Could we tag the mob to slight below half health and let those bots kill for us? Who would be punished by MA if that happens? EULA should / probably have mentioned about using scripts / 3rd party tools for automation. It's a big risk especially at 10+hours. That's a lot of ped lost for the botter.

Could we tag the mob to slight below half health and let those bots kill for us? Who would be punished by MA if that happens? EULA should / probably have mentioned about using scripts / 3rd party tools for automation. It's a big risk especially at 10+hours. That's a lot of ped lost for the botter.
You can do that, unless they record, then you can get reported and punished :D

But anyway, whenever I see bot, I punish him by doing that, until he comes back to PC and notice what's happening. :devilish:

You can do that, unless they record, then you can get reported and punished :D

But anyway, whenever I see bot, I punish him by doing that, until he comes back to PC and notice what's happening. :devilish:

I'm glad you punish those botters! Good job!
But why would we get punished for punishing botters?
If MA asks we'll just say: "I don't know why he keeps killing my mobs for me :scratch: I thought he's just a generous and nice guy. He never said anything to me and just kept doing it for 10+ hours"

My answer might skew things a bit, for im not grinding as long as im playing. Ill jump in and out of RL whilst logged in. A lot of folk in the IT industry can play "at work" also :unsure:
Never could do that :D
My play at work is rather fixing backup errors, networks and updates and talking to customers
... EU would be way too much a distraction woudl never ever risk that one second where that could lead to an "unscheduled downtime" (aka "brown trousers time").

After work I jump in for 1-4 hours on weekdays, weekend can be anything form 1-12 hours.

But why would we get punished for punishing botters?

Because in the EULA you cannot interfere with someone's gameplay. This is a banable offense.

You are better off reporting them or getting live support to come to the location to observe.

My job is seasons and also if i'm on work i can watch my Game, but that not means exactly activity.. so some people spend alot of time because they can do it, which don't means boting.
But i cant do anything always.. 24/7. So dont mess the things =)
My vote is 13+

I have a job in real life. I usually have to deposit to play . I log on after i make dinner and do my chores ect... I may play on and off because of ped loss and no luck or luck cycles. I play on my days off and because of this freaking pandemic it's been more often. I do play another game i've played longer than entropia( i've played entropia almost 17 years now) that is way cheaper so i switch on and off because of that too.

I play from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep with a few small breaks here and there ?. I cant say I do that every day though since my job doesnt allow it I work 24h shifts as a care giver. But working such shifts in Sweden give me lots of time off and that time is spent in game.

Back