Hello Entropia, My first week here.

Leland

Hatchling
Leland scott ashcroft
Hi all, I seen noob and said this has got to be the forum for me :)

This past week I have been sweating and reading.
sold the sweat and bought the newbie riffle(opalo I think-spelling might be a bit off)and the 10ped amo cell, off I went:)
I made 5 hides and like 67 cents and was out of amo.

so I have a few questions if I could.

#1- what and where should I be hunting(no armor)?
I took one day started in Port atlantis and ran around and found 3 teleporters,and a few places with no teleporters(found them all from death)
It's a big world with some nasty creatures.

#2- should I forget hunting and continue sweating for more skill gains I get from sweating before going out and hunting?
(10 ped in amo, hunting around the sweaters near port atlantis for 67cents makes me think i should hold off on the hunting...(I wanted to hold off and get a better feel of the game before making a deposit if i was to have to, however it looks like that could be costly so early in the game)

#3- The Mentor, should I try to pick one up and when?
I have read they get a gift, for what I assume is for Helping out the new player. and I'm sure they dont want to stand there and watch me sweat for hours on end:) so when would be a good time to get one, if i wanted one?

I also read once I get one, I have a short time to dump him/her if I decide to.
after that time I'm stuck with them. could that be a bad thing?
what are the pro's and con's of a mentor? and how long of a program is it until graduation?

#4- Does mining bring in a better profit than hunting for a new player?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

IMHO, first thing to do is to get a mentor.
on this forum you will find, using the " search " function , several threads about mentors and about your questions.
My advice : read a lot on this forum , before to make any choice.
Welcome to EU ;)
Oh, and be carefull : if you hunt and get some skills, you will NOT be alowed to get a mentor anymore. So, read the forum and find a mentor.

On the mentor question. If you have any skills above the beginner levels you can not be accepted as a disciple. Check you sweat gatherer stats. If it says anything besides Untrained Sweat Gatherer you are too skilled and no one can take you as a disciple.

Even if this is the case there are lots of people that will help you out. Watch, and listen, at Port Atlantis and Camp Phoenix, and even other places. Lots of times you'll see people offering new people help with getting teleporters, or even team hunts.

You can also check out some of the societies. There are some that will take new people in. Check them out. If you don't like them you can always leave and find another. Societies are great because you've got people that are part of your circle of friends. You may not know all of them but you will get to know them. They can help when you get stranded at some of the ouposts. Believe me, you probably will at some point. :D

Check out the society section.

DarkMatter

I'd prolly go back to sweating or deposit. Small PED runs can be extremely good, or extremely bad. Most i experienced in the beginning, they were extremely bad. It's always a good idea to hunt w/ around 100 PED of ammo, so that loots average out. If this isn't an option, try to hunt with as many PED as possible.

If you go back to sweating, it will allow you to make a few more PEDs, and also up your evasion and other skills further, so that when you do hunt, you get hit less.

Also, download PEASSistant. I'm sure someone can give a link. It is a great resource for PE. It provides a calculator (to tabulate tt+x prices, and the percentages that things sell for), a world map with all TP's marked (among other things), a link to mytwopecs for recent ore/enmatter prices, a link to PEAuctions (for recent AH prices of things, bid only though, not buyout), and a link to PEWiki (so you can find out how hard mobs hit, and how much it'll take to kill them).

Hello and welcome :D

Stick to the sweating and or deposite, yes.

Explore too, find other teleports and bases.

Sweating will get your defensive skills up which is useful for hunting later, ie evade and such like.

I went mining at the first opportunity and believe me was very lucky for a noob miner, had a 115 ped ore find and a 264 ore find (HoF) that money went in no time because i continued to mine. I shouldve invested my money more wisely. :dunce:

Im still learning.............

I did not see (Untrained)anywhere.

Professional standings - weak sweat gatherer

under mindforce -
sweatgatherer
LvL 21
rank poor(grade 1)

I found a few helpful links is some other post.
I Thank all of you for your advise.

***More reading!!!

Knowledge and Playing Smart is everthing in your early days!

J D said:
***More reading!!!

Knowledge and Playing Smart is everthing in your early days!

I agree, I have got a lot of info from reading here on the forums.

I also did some TP runs today(solo) after downloading PEassistant(a must have)

I now have a total of 10 TP's, started in port atlantis and made it all the way to the oil rig*sheew*It was a little rough:)
well, I could see the hole in the ground.
I got a msg (if safe hud icon will be green-not safe it will be orange) where is the hud icon? couldnt find it or see it anywhere.

Once in, and lucky enough to live and collect oil, I sure hope its worth a bundle, whats it take an army to get into the oil rig hole alive? :)
I logged out at the outpost close to the oil rig, gonna give it one more shot tomorrow:) (made it this far, now I want some oil :banghead: )

I think i was the only person in the area too, died, died, and died some more.

and I got 10 TP's now and still have not found one fruit or dung, Is there a certain place i should be looking?

well off to do a quick search on the oil rig, and the fruit and dung.

And I can see myself making that deposit within the next few days :)

Hunting. Well that's fun.

Without armor you should be able to take out snablesnots, daikibas and sabakumas. Maybe only one at time. Exarosaurs and combibos are easy enough for beginners also, but those need more ammo.

Join a teleporter-run if you happen to see one advertised in main chat. Get as many tps as you can. See the world.

I suggest to sweat a bit more, and of course read these forums. Try to get a good mentor if it isn't too late already. I mean you can't get yourself a mentor if you are "too" skilled.

Back