hello just introducing myself

scythist

Old
Society
Freelancer
scythist
hello im scythist very new to this game/world
i know this is not the right place for it but maybe someone can direct me to the proper thread where i can see about getting my account unlocked

i had it all of 12 hours and changed the password and it wouldn't let me log in so i changed password again and it wouldn't let me log in and locked me out

i know this isn't the place for this question but i have no idea where on this forum to go to post it and i have sent in support tickets maybe nothing else i can do?

anyway i assume my account will be unlocked once again hello to all in the community great game great world

-scythist

yeah..

yeah thats what i did i changed my password properly went to log in to no avail then changed it again tried to log in and thats when it said to many wrong password logins your account has been locked :<

thanks

for the welcome btw

lol yeah...

yeah zeke i sent like 4 in lol i felt bad but man this game is stupidly addictive and i was even ready to contribute some real life dollars

been waiting so long for a game like this that's why i was just stoked when my account got locked and knew there had to be some mistake but so far they haven't gotten back to me yet

does it normally take awhile for support response?

They quote up to 48hrs possibly longer if they are really busy, normally I would get a response within 24hrs but it is the weekend and they are likely to be busier.

Stick with it :)

sigh

guess i got no choice but to stick with it heh but you know how it is I WANNA PLAY NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol but yeah as long as the support is cool and everything i mean all i need to do is really get my password "PROPERLY" reset email is same and fine everything else is normal

and it should be my email to log in right? not my in game avatar name? cause thats what i had used to log in constantly so i dont know how or why that would have changed

Your user name is different to your email or avatar name. Try to remember what you chose for it, this may be your issue.

Saying that it is 5yrs since I opened my account they may have changed the user name stuff :/

well...

well it should be my email thats what i used to log in the 10 times before my account got locked

even after i went to port atlantis and set my avatar name and everything it was still my email to log in
mind you all of this happened within 24 hours lol i had the account for less then 12 hours before this stuff happened

if

anyone has any idea or suggestions please throw em my way but i think it sounds like i just have to wait for support to get my case

man this kinda sucks

If you have used your email to get to Port Atlantis that must be the new default user name. So we are back full circle to have to wait for support. That is unless the account is only time locked but as I have never done this I don't know.

thanks

and thank you zeke for all your help

it says..

sometimes when i try logging in the game it says i need to wait 30 minutes i do try again to no avail

i tried changing my password again got the verification email did everything properly and it still wont let me log in with the password i set

i dont really understand whats wrong

This sounds more and more like something support will have to deal with for you. Pain to be not able to get on over the weekend but just remember this game isn't just for Christmas ;)

lol yeah

yeah man but im just hella bored i woke up today thinking the issue would be resolved and its not i should of course have more patience at the same time lol i wanna go mining and kill dinosaurs

bah good things to those who wait though

so

because im a complete noob to this forum and game could someone PLEASE tell me where i should have posted this thread because i know it shouldn't be here

i also posted in a calypso general thread thats probably more what i should have done first huh?

Well tbh as far as I know there is no dedicated support section as anything like this is normally handled via support tickets. So either here or n00bs corner would be fine.

I wouldn't have suggested General Discussion as that is more about in-game things. As far as I am concerned the way you approached it with a greeting and request for help you chose the right forum.

thanks

thanks man im a noob to this game but not to computers/games/the things we do and play
im also somewhat not of the younger flock so im not going to come off with that "HELP ME I NEED HELP D@mnt" crap
i got to help take care and admin on a source zmod server for 3 years so yeah i know what the whiny n00b sounds like. i just figured if i posted off the main path i would get the people who are more educated with their answers and responses

on that note any tips for someone completely new to this game maybe 4 hours into PA at the most

Lol you are not going to like it but n00bs corner is a great place to start looking for info and help. It's not a section of forum for degenerates it is actually about helping those new to the game ;)

Stock answer is: go sweat & gain some free skills, buy opalo and ammo with sweat money, hunt snabbles etc rinse and repeat till you can afford armour like pixie

My answer is: deposit $20 or $30 to get you started, buy opalo + a101 amp, ammo and Vivo T1 heal kit, go hunt snabbles, combibo, exarosaur etc. Buy armour probably pixie, then move to goblin. I still have my very first set of goblin ;)

Most of all just have fun without having to count every pec. Find yourself a society, look around the soc section of this forum for ideas, I can suggest Knights of Calypso I was with them and they are very new player friendly.

wow thanks

thanks man that was SUPER helpful
if you say noob corner is cool ill take your word on it i am surprised myself everyone ive met through planet calypso has been very cool
nice change of pace online

This game is not like most others, you will tend to find most are very helpful and mature. The ratio of decent people to n00bs as you know them is massively skewed to the decent people end of the spectrum.

very nice

excellent thats a good thing to hear i would figure a game like this would turn off most younger or uneducated players who wouldn't be dedicated to learning about the game

Back