Help please!

Lexforce

Old
Amron Lex Fuey
I have an very irritating issue, and i have used the "my support" function on entropiauniverse.com, but it takes long before they answer, so i thought i could ask here too.

I wanna play in windowed mode, but when i choose it, the "windowed resolution" window is just blank. And when i try to launch EU with windowed mode on, it just shuts down and says "EU didn't shut down normally, etc"

What could this be?

I have a 2.26 GHz P4, 512 Mb ram and an Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 with the lastest driver.

Very happy for answers!

Last edited:
It could be that you got "video overlay" ticked in nvidia control panel, I am not sure, you might wanna play with the settings there and try to run again after each tweak you make there. Also there might be some other issue, maybe some codec corruption... also try to download the latest directx drivers from microsoft site.

Regards,
Robo

i have same issue too and try all the posible settings of video card both in ndivia menu and in client menu, no efect, uptated drivers and original drivers same result

so i just have to play full screen :mad:

What operating system?

Thanks for the advice Robotek, i will try those things out.

@home i play full window mode, still using the tab for changing windows, that works too ;)

I also had that problem but it got fixed when i upped my screen resolution :yay:

i had that probem a while ago, but since then i have messed around with the res and some options in the nvidia options and it seems to work ok, srry am not sure on the options

gl getting it going bro

If you previously were able to play in windowed mode, try rebooting. That fixes the problem for me (it happens probably 1 in 20 times I try to launch EU).

Have you tried disable the shaders ? Some old GFX cards seems not accept them very well in window mode.

For window mode to work u need a resolution higher than 1024*768

Well, the thing is, about resolutions, i can't even choose a resolution for the windowed mode, that "curtain" is just blank. Now i even get the problem sometimes with fullscreen also, last day i had to wait maybe 20 min, then i tried to disable norton, and it worked :p ;O:O;O

A note on this.
I installed Google Earth on my gamer last week, and started having some unpredictable and weird behavior when trying to run EU.

When I disabled GE, the problems went away.

Check all third-party apps, as many of them will try to control drivers and controllers that games like EU need access to.

Thanks for that info.

I have tried rooting around in Nvidia a bit with no succes yet.

Well, the thing is, about resolutions, i can't even choose a resolution for the windowed mode, that "curtain" is just blank. Now i even get the problem sometimes with fullscreen also, last day i had to wait maybe 20 min, then i tried to disable norton, and it worked :p ;O:O;O

Windowed mode is set to 1024x728 and I dont think anybody can change that... Did you try to put your desktop resolution at 1280x1024 and then try to run the game?!

Besides all the tweakin and trying out, I would download latest drivers for graphic card and also for motherboard <-might be important, as I know there are VxAGP drivers than can go out of date or corrupt... then reinstall 1st the motherboard drivers, then after that gfx drivers.

Robo

I tried 1280x1024, still doesnt work. The support is working on it, i have sent "dxdiag.txt" to them if you know what that is.

I really want this to work since im using NRF when mining and alt tabbing all the time is argh!

Back