Question: Hierarchy of armours?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
OK. I have seen much discussion of armour, obviously - but is there a reasonably well-agreed hierarchy of armours? I'm fairly sure the TT one is at the bottom; Pixie, Goblin and maybe Gnome are next and Nemesis is near the top - but how about the rest? Is there such a listing posted anywhere?

This is for future reference, BTW; all I own at the moment in the way of armour is a set of Pixie in fairly good condition and a pair of Gnome gloves badly in need of repair.

1) UL armors @ low tt value do NOT give good protection, and should therefore only be used when they have high tt value!

2) Not really sure how you mean "hierarchy", but you can sort armors after total protection @ entropedia :)

Well, the problem is that there is no perfect way to set a linear hierarchy - different armors are good for different things. There are some armors which are highly specialized, while there are others which are "all-day" armors - such as Nemesis. Nemesis is not near the top though, it is a mid-range all-day armor, much like Vigi.

There are many clear low-end armors and top-end armors, but the middle gets blurry, with many suits being situational.

Not really sure how you mean "hierarchy", but you can sort armors after total protection @ entropedia :)

Nighthawk's right. Any "hierarchy" would be highly determined by your skills/hunting equipment and what mob you're hunting.

Sure you can list the armor in total close, ranged or overall total protection points and use that, I suppose.

And perhaps you can group them in general "classes", such as:

• pixie, goblin, shogun
  • gremlin, ghost, nemesis
  • phantom, emine, martial
  • angel, shadow, eon

etc. etc.

However, it all boils down to what you want to hunt, and how you want to hunt it.

Compare that page of armor, Nighthawk linked to this page of mobs and their general dmg types and compare.

And don't forget the plates, which add additional protection in specific categories. ;)

Back