High eff weapons

I don't know any more than the next person on this. I never said I was right either. I get the case and point on getting actual data to verify assumptions. Still, at present, only 2 people above LVL 100 Animal Looter and I doubt they would happily spend their time to test this out; again, I could be wrong. To consistently get above 100%, TT returns at the base return, and you are looking at LVL 130. Most people will not reach this, but if most hunters achieved 100%+ returns, you better believe MA will introduce Loot 3:0, lol. That I do believe would happen with 100% certainty.
So regarding that 130lvl breakeven point, which I'm guessing is from extrapolation of your existing data, is that based from a base efficiency value? You established that Efficiency and looter were interchangeable, with the only difference being that Efficiency is capped. So having a higher efficiency weapon than whatever number you are calculating from would lower this break even point yes?

Yes I bet the lucky few that have such skills may be a little hesitant about letting the cat out of the bag if such returns are possible. If it gets too popular of a notion and Mindark are forced to change the loot formula there goes a hell of a lot of investment into getting these skills down the drain.

Eff and DPP is over rated in loot 2.0. Loot 2.0 NERFED eco...when will people realize that? Having very high Eff/dpp is not what makes you profit. Mark up on shrapnel is higher then most oils. And oils are not even important in turning a profit. Profit comes when you kill fast enough during loot waves for your string of multipliers/rare item drops. DPP does not affect rare item drop rate. It will give you less shrapnels and more common drops from the mob's loot composition. I tested this with tier comp drops, same mob, same dps just different dpp. I farmed a mob few hundred k peds cycle a time with 2 different weapons and the number of tier comp drops i get per hour is same.

Therefore DPS is the undisputed king. DPS is what unlocks the game for you. You can win events,kill bigger with less regen/defensive costs and pull loot from bosses. I log every single pec in and out and those big loots is what makes a difference to my bottom line. Oils will account for maybe 300 ped mark up with 20 k total loot,Tier comps will account for about 1 k mu..the game changer is when i loot those high mu items, then i will see a big positive in my bottom line for that run. What drops big esi or ul items?Big mobs...what you need to kill big mobs properly? DPS! Furthermore, with the introduction of new instances with high mob regen, dps is clearly the future.

L items are a absolute no no...it will eat away all your profits from the MU..

DPP/Eff is only to be considered once dps is maxed and you want extra sweetener. The extra tt return gained from extra Eff is extremely hard to quantify as loots are random. No amount of eff will save you if mobs are constantly dropping 50 %. You will only notice the difference if you log millions of peds with a low eff/high eff weapon and compare 2 logs after a few years,and its a very small %. You will probably gain that % loss by investing in CLDS with the money saved. If you can get a weapon 110 + base dps and high tier you will do better than if you use a 90 % eff with 90 dps. There are lots of high DPP/eff weapon in loot 2.0 but very few weapons have a base dps of over 110 and they need level 100 + to use. So only a small % of player in game will have access to those. So a very good weapon would be one over 110 dps base and low level requirement.

FYI, my weapon is a T7 BC80 Aug. Assume an extreme scenario, which would you rather have?A weapon with 20 dps and 100 eff or a weapon with 200 dps and 0 eff?

Last edited:
Maybe FEN / Mayhem type 70+ would be appropriate, but hardly anyone has the illusion that they will use 50-60 dps in the next 2 years if they plan to make a big deposit. At the moment, the prices of smaller weapons are even more paradoxical.
Exactly this. I would love to buy a FEN weapon, but even BP-20 would need at least a $1k deposit at current prices. No one wants to deposit that much for 29 DPS. You'll get bored in a week.

@op : if you're turning 5k a day, you're probably in the armatrix 90-100 region. Their MU is +-3% of turnover and that's impactful, 2-300 ped every other day is no joke, especially if there's also some L amp involved. If you are willing to put some peds in, I would first look at rings, upgraded a204 series and even pills. And then maybe you could go by for a while with actually downgrading your L to some lower dps, while compensating the downgrading with those investments, maybe for ahwile until you'd be willing to go again, for a weapon. Ofc, if you haven't used yet, strongly recommending extenders, every 5th weapon will cost you 106%.

Also, try to put your numbers together a bit. What are you putting in monthly, 4-500eur? (ofc no need to answer to this) You're looking at weapons which can cost potentially 15k+$, tiering up being somehow mandatory. And they won't transform you overnight into a nondepo. Does it make sense ref your real-life finances, is it an ammount which won't wake you up sweating in the middle of the night etc You'll need to put some effort in terms of time, sort of like a minibusiness ingame so to say, which you need to actively manage. Can you, is it what you want from the game etc Only you can answer for yourself. If your question was like "is there any weapon nowadays which to give the same what imk2 was giving in 1.0" the answer is no.

They will cut down your cost %, they will open opportunities, but is not impossible that for awhile to actually increase your deposits. By the way, you'd need some tens of thousands bankroll too.

If the above doesn't really sound appealing, consider looking from opposite perspective. Cut down every other 3rd day of playing and dedicate the day to something else. Netto economy 30%, more than any kind of investment could bring short-term, and maybe even the game will be more nice when you do login. So to say, not all driving license owners IRL need to compete in F1.

This maybe out of date but as an example, when I purchased my EP41 adjusted about 5 years ago. I calculated, at the time, that it took me 2 years of playing daily to get my money back against MU on the (L) guns I was using before I purchased it. This sounds like a long time, but that covered the entire cost of purchasing the weapon so after 2 years I had paid the investment back and also owned the gun, which I sold for a healthy profit as it had gained 2 tier levels during that time. I was cycling approximately 2000 ped per month at the time.

The gun was the very last UL item I bought, I bought regen 10 UL, phantom and liakon armour before even looking at an UL gun. I wish i had bought the gun sooner in hindsight, but this only works if you are a regular, daily, player. Casual players are probably better sticking with L weapons

Questions for the number-crunching bean counters,

I don't track returns at all. When I run out of peds to buy ammo or L gear, I deposit. Will I actually notice a difference if I switch from AR matrix L guns to a high efficiency UL- 80%+?

Currently cycling 5k peds ammo a day +-, and its pretty hard on the ped card. Been looking for an UL that's suitable, and curious if paying absolutely out the nose for a high eff one would be worthwhile.
Yes you will. I cycle 20k a day and never worry about deposits anymore only how much to withdrawal.

People should understand this game is a tax generator.
You pay taxes on every hunt and mining run anywhere you do it. There is no such thing as 100% tax free in this game.

The brilliance in these weapons that MA realized is that with these high eff items, we can constantly generate taxes for whoever owns thae land you are at, in the case of Calypso proper it goes to CLD/MA at the tune of 2.4 million usd a year.........without them having to rely on a limited deposit budget.

I started the game only able to afford 2k PED a month some months.... 2k ped in cycled tax revenue for the entire month

vs

600k for the month with an ul item and no need to deposit , in this case MA makes a good 30k in revenues per month off my cycle now. (when I'm on caly, otherwise I get my tax on my own land, or end up paying cyrene or other land owner ect, plus since I was born caly I always pay a static % (.08ish i think) no matter where I am to CLD/MA)

Invest in your avatar is accurate.

The overall health of the game has far less to do with deposits, and alot more to do with the players ability to cycle freely with doable markups to maintain cycle and continuously generate taxes. These weapons as long as used help ensure the game lasts.

Last edited:
Back