Higher Level Mobs = More Attributes?

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
Does higher level mobs give more Attributes such as Agility in same amount of time as lowest level mob such as Exa Young?

If you are talking about the codex meta rewards, it is all the same.

I don't think so.

As far as I know, attribute gain works the same way as other skills.

And it seems that the best gains were made on mobs with a high LvL/HP ratio.
You'd skill faster on a L10 50HP mob than on a L5 50HP mob for example.

Probably difficult to confirm, but when in doubt...

Its not difficult to confirm, mob level directly impacts xp gained. You can go kill caraboks on arkadia, then go kill Gallards, it will be a major difference. Carabok are fantastic for skilling, the poor little turkeys not so much.

The HP part comes in with how fast it is to kill that mob. Basically for fast leveling you want a decent level mob with super low HP. Thats why people go crazy for Atrox or Marcimex Hatchlings/broodlings. Best normal example would be the merp young and the argonaut Young. Merp young and argonaut young are both level 5, but the merp has only 50 HP, while the argonaut has 300. not only can you kill 6 of them for the price of one (roughly and not counting overkill) but if they are thick in density that could greatly affect your skilling rate with how fast your able to kill them. So in this case, things like Kerberos up to old alpha are HORRIBLE for skill purposes, just due to their level to HP ratio. Then once you get to prowler and stalker, it immediately changes cause of the mob level going way up. I would say the majority of mobs get worse for HP to level ratio the higher in maturity you get, but thats not always true. Max level Mollisks are actually better than lower level ones for HP to level ratio.

Now as for the original question, higher level mobs impacting Attribute gain? Only way to find out would be to do a test, and keep in mind weapon choice does impact the gain rate of specific attributes, strength coming from melee weapons and what not. Theres a lot to unpack in that question, would probably require testing for that to check it out.

Its not difficult to confirm, mob level directly impacts xp gained. You can go kill caraboks on arkadia, then go kill Gallards, it will be a major difference. Carabok are fantastic for skilling, the poor little turkeys not so much.

The HP part comes in with how fast it is to kill that mob. Basically for fast leveling you want a decent level mob with super low HP. Thats why people go crazy for Atrox or Marcimex Hatchlings/broodlings. Best normal example would be the merp young and the argonaut Young. Merp young and argonaut young are both level 5, but the merp has only 50 HP, while the argonaut has 300. not only can you kill 6 of them for the price of one (roughly and not counting overkill) but if they are thick in density that could greatly affect your skilling rate with how fast your able to kill them. So in this case, things like Kerberos up to old alpha are HORRIBLE for skill purposes, just due to their level to HP ratio. Then once you get to prowler and stalker, it immediately changes cause of the mob level going way up. I would say the majority of mobs get worse for HP to level ratio the higher in maturity you get, but thats not always true. Max level Mollisks are actually better than lower level ones for HP to level ratio.

Now as for the original question, higher level mobs impacting Attribute gain? Only way to find out would be to do a test, and keep in mind weapon choice does impact the gain rate of specific attributes, strength coming from melee weapons and what not. Theres a lot to unpack in that question, would probably require testing for that to check it out.
So Atrox is the mob with highest level and normal HP which I can hunt in Nemesis?
I had killed Merp Young and they were giving decent skills compared to Exa.

Normal Atrox arent great for grinding themselves, its the pups I believe, or hatchlings, i forget the moniker, there higher level than an atrox young but only have like 1/3 the HP.

If you got nemesis and 5Bs i would highly reccomend mollisk south of the megavolt tp. Also I would pick Maffoids over Atrox if you want something more in that hp and level range. They actually drop a bit of markup, and the wave spawn in dusk keep valley is alot of fun. Their hp to level ratio is better too.

Last edited:
Made you a small list of Atrox vs Maffoid:

CreatureMaturityDamage PotentialHealthDanger LevelHP/Lvl
AtroxHatchlingMedium230288,214
MaffoidOutrunnerMinimal20210,000
MaffoidGruntMinimal40313,333
MaffoidBanditSmall6701935,263
MaffoidBerserkerLimited8502435,417
MaffoidWarriorLimited7802235,455
MaffoidGuardSmall7102035,500
MaffoidRaiderLimited7502135,714
MaffoidOutcastSmall6501836,111
MaffoidHunterMedium9202536,800
MaffoidClan WarlordLarge11103037,000
MaffoidChampionMedium10002737,037
MaffoidWarlordMedium9702637,308
MaffoidOverseerLarge18204738,723
AtroxStalkerHuge24506140,164
AtroxProwlerHuge21405042,800
AtroxOld AlphaHuge19604543,556
AtroxAlphaGreat17403747,027
AtroxDominantGreat16003348,485
AtroxGuardianLarge14602950,345
MaffoidOverseer EliteGreat33806353,651
AtroxProviderLarge12902453,750
AtroxOldMedium11102055,500
AtroxMatureMedium10301857,222
AtroxYoungMedium9901758,235
MaffoidClan Warlord EliteGreat710011462,281
AtroxMarauderImmense12240117104,615
AtroxSlayerImmense19550141138,652
MaffoidWarchief KazrakLarge1300075173,333
AtroxQueenImmense49420194254,742

Cheers

Thats the one I was using but I couldnt find the original anymore and I couldnt easily extract the list from my convoluted PE excel file, thank you for posting that!! :)

Normal Atrox arent great for grinding themselves, its the pups I believe, or hatchlings, i forget the moniker, there higher level than an atrox young but only have like 1/3 the HP.

If you got nemesis and 5Bs i would highly reccomend mollisk south of the megavolt tp. Also I would pick Maffoids over Atrox if you want something more in that hp and level range. They actually drop a bit of markup, and the wave spawn in dusk keep valley is alot of fun. Their hp to level ratio is better too.
I don't understand. The Entropiawiki shows Atrox Young as highest Hp/Lvl for the same HP points as Molisk Leader

Out of curiosity, has anyone worked out some kind of formula? I mean I always just heard that better lvl/hp ratio means better skilling and I believed it because of the person that I heard it from as well as because of the other people talking about it but I havent seen any actual data or tested it myself.

I assume small mobs are better because of the bonus skill you get when killing something. But does the point value depend on the HP the mob had too?
For example what would be better? (And why, how much etc.)

1000 HP, 15HP/lvl
200 HP, 15HP/lvl

Cuz yeah, maybe 10HP mobs are better but youd either have lots of overkill or couldnt cycle very much and thus skilling would be much slower than with a worse HP/lvl ratio but higher HP so you could use a bigger gun. Also maybe its that ~1k HP mobs would work nicely for some setup where a 200HP mob would not. You see what Im asking?

For example what would be better? (And why, how much etc.)

1000 HP, 15HP/lvl
200 HP, 15HP/lvl

200hp would be better because for the same cycle you have more killing events, and therefore potential skill bonuses, but it has nothing to do with L/hp, which directly affects the skillgain frequency during the killing.

Overkill is easily regulated with the gear you use. But low hp / kill cost also affects what kind of loot you can get. L4/2hp Thieves are skilling monsters indeed (provided you won't go insane running around at that tiny spawn) but with the ~0.5 pec killing cost you can't possibly get anything back but shrapnel, anything else just doesn't fit there except for big multipliers.

Like the other posts says HP/Level is huge when it comes to skilling.
Punys are great at low levels but the low HP doesn't allow you to gear up.
Having a good spawn is also super important. You want to spend your time shooting, not running around.

On Caly Pupugis (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=57) are pretty great for skilling.
Tidewater caverns (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/hunting-instances.223757/) have a spawn of Alpha/Old Alpha
where you can stand still and shoot 100% of the time indefinitely.

Foul Youngs (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=32) are also pretty good and there is a super good spawn at [793, 676].

I think other planets have better skilling mobs but I mostly stay at Caly :)

200hp would be better because for the same cycle you have more killing events, and therefore potential skill bonuses, but it has nothing to do with L/hp, which directly affects the skillgain frequency during the killing.

Overkill is easily regulated with the gear you use. But low hp / kill cost also affects what kind of loot you can get. L4/2hp Thieves are skilling monsters indeed (provided you won't go insane running around at that tiny spawn) but with the ~0.5 pec killing cost you can't possibly get anything back but shrapnel, anything else just doesn't fit there except for big multipliers.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I get the loot/equipment/composition part, totally makes sense to me and I have experienced the same so I understand.

The first part I dont quite get. the part where you say: "..., but it has nothing to do with L/hp, which directly affects the skillgain..." so does that mean the level/HP does NOT matter after all? That contradicts everything said before in this thread, or am I totally missing something?

So if I had 2 different 5 HP/lvl mobs but one has say 100HP and one has 10 HP, would the avg point value of the skill you get incase of a skill gain for a kill be 10 times higher? Or is a skill gain at the end always the same, so if I shot a 10hp mob with a tiny weapon i get the same as when I shoot it with a huge over kill weapon? Because that would mean for skilling, you should just find the tiniest mob around? That seems counter intuitive as I always felt skill goes up faster the faster you can cycle stuff.

Cheers

I think overkilling has a negative impact on skilling (as in skills gained per PED spent).
Have not seen any data on it though and has not tested it myself. Should test it some time...

So if I had 2 different 5 HP/lvl mobs but one has say 100HP and one has 10 HP,
Same amount of skills gained in the end for same amount, not counting the kill bonuses, which you potentially get 10 times more often when killing 10 times more mobs (10 hp vs 100), which doesn't have anything to do with L / HP ratio.

ohhh so the L/HP doesnt matter for the skill bonus for killing something but does matter for the normal skills gained "while killing them" got it. Thank you!

ohhh so the L/HP doesnt matter..

Indirectly, all this does not affect you. In my opinion, this is done and it is important to level 58-60, so that a new player can quickly get into the essence of the game (if there is the financial opportunity).

In my opinion, after 6000 points in skill, the waves are more important, which increase and decrease the TT at each point.

For example, implanting by a point:
5970 - 5971 chip size: 0.27 PED
6000 - 6001 chip size: 0.28 PED
6001 - 6002 chip size: 0.28 PED

6010 - 6011 chip size: 0.29 PED
6011 - 6012 chip size: 0.29 PED

6050 - 6051 chip size: 0.28 PED
6051 - 6052 chip size: 0.28 PED

6150 - 6151 chip size: 0.23 PED
6151 - 6152 chip size: 0.23 PED

When we discover a new skill it starts from 1 point. The starting points of experience are about 0.4200.
After each acquisition of experience these points decrease, but up to 550 ...
Then begins an increase to 850 .. that is 300 points in which the experience of the points increases after each acquisition.
This is followed by a period of 200 points at which the experience decreases again.
That is, after the first 550 points we have ranges of 500 in which the first 300 experience increases, and the final 200 decreases.
Therefore, in the above example, one point at 5950 has a larger value than that at 6150.

IE. experience gain... [System]: You have gained 0.0082 experience in your Laser Weaponry Technology skill

That is, if you take rewards in periods when the TT at one point is higher, it will have a positive effect on the progression of skills.

The skill system looks like a point system that increases and decreases its range similar to the dynamics of the game. That is, hypothetically, one point is more expensive because it requires more experience(ped spended).
Since the dynamics of the game are the basis of any value, it also affects the acquisition of skills.
Therefore, when prizes are taken, when the TT value of one point is high, the penalty from the dynamics is skipped... Although the arithmetic looks the same, at a low dynamic rating we take less than 100%, while the prizes are always 100% .

All this affects only a certain skill. The progression for Profession level is not interested in any TT values, so 10 ped of Analysis which is on point 1 will push you to 1900 points, while 10 ped Skinning which is on 5000 points will push you to 5050. Although the value of TT is the same, the influence of Analysis will be much greater than in Skinning.

IE. If we accept that Analysys is 5% of Looter profession while Skinning is 40%. 2000 points of 5% is value of 100, while 40% of 50 points is 20. IE. 5:1difference for the same TT implant. Therefore Analysis in this example will increase the Profession progression 5 time more than Skinning... in same value of TT implant.

I think is big mistake if someone don't pay attention of all secondary skills on the profession. Because often Main skill is 40-50%, i.e. the impact of all others are 50-60% and much easy to accumulate to 6000 points than Main skill to 15000 points... if the main goal is mid/high level for short time.

A person who is ready to buy skills if his main goal is to quickly reach level 100 ... and is ready to open his wallet for this may be interested in all this. For all others, all this is not so important.

No bonus effects on Looter/Evader, if you want a bonus use a skill pill(50-100%).
All these bonuses have an impact only on professions that allow you to wear a certain item at this level, which has no positive effect. The positive effects are from Looter, Evader... even HP give you more freedom, while level 500 from Laser HIT give you nothing.

*The values above are just example, if you catch the idea use it for your skill points.
*The value of TT in skill point is based from entropia wiki skill calc.

So Atrox is the mob with highest level and normal HP which I can hunt in Nemesis?
I had killed Merp Young and they were giving decent skills compared to Exa.
That depends on your other skills and guns used. I use a similar armor when I hunt Eomons, spiders, atrox stalkers so armor isn't the only thing that sets the limit to what you can hunt.

Back