Suggestion: higher level tt weapons/armor/tools?

• Thread starter Deleted member 71093
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 71093

probably gonna be a very unpopular suggestion but hear me out

the current cost of gear in the game is astronomical and out of reach to most of the playerbase. even horrible ones like HK S1X1 sells for 2k ped for a shit low-level ul rifle.

player retention is ultra low as even if an old player wants to come back to the game, the cost to do so is so high that it throws off most people

(L) items kind of offer a solution, but any hunter that used (L) weapons for a while will realize how much of a drain it is on a ped card and makes something already hard to sustain pretty much guaranteed to be unsustainable, i cant speak for mining/crafting (L)s as i dont use them

how about more selection in the trade terminal? lets say an "upgrade" every 10 levels? instead of just the lv0 tt pistol you could have a lv0, then a lv10, then 20, etc tt pistol, same for armors/tools?

they would have to be worse than other available options (like armatrix stuff should def be better than tt by quite a margin) but it would at least provide a way for players with less wealth to reach higher dps without having to spend crazy mu (because 120%+ on armatrix rifles is just...no)

thoughts?

TT weapon are for starting.
the higher dps weapon are from monster loot (ISIS, PIRON) or craft (Herman, Armatrix)
altering this would create a problem of crafting.
definitely it will not happen.

Not sure what the benefit would be.

TT weapon are for starting.
the higher dps weapon are from monster loot (ISIS, PIRON) or craft (Herman, Armatrix)
altering this would create a problem of crafting.
definitely it will not happen.
ISIS, Pirons yes, but thats when they are actually available on auction or when they do drop. you can easily go days without seeing low level Isis/pirons in auction. craftable herman/armatrix works, yes, but who tf can sustain hunting when markup is as crazy as it is now on those?

Not sure what the benefit would be.
reaching higher dps than current tt weapons without having to constantly pay MU

just trying to find something that could alleviate or help counter the ridiculous prices gear is getting at. more (L)s and less shrap in loot couldbe a possible solution too.... but there just isnt enough "affordable" tools right now. hunting with armatrix for a single day i pay over 10$USD just in markup. with a calytrek i dont pay mu but then the thing was 700$ usd and other than hardcore entropia players ppl just laugh at those prices and look at other games...

Just the way the game is. DPS costs money, because DPS has earning potential.
I do however think there is a need for an intermediate crafted L weapon between TT and armatrix. Like a LR-5 or something. A lot of players struggle finding guns they want at this level.

And cheap markup high dps can still be obtained on a budget. I sold all my UL gear recently. And I don’t spend over 105-110% on anything while still getting 60-90 dps weapons, which usually works out cheaper than burning enhancers on a lower dps UL weapon. Look for mindforce chips, people give them away, extender and implant make them last forever. Low TIR armatrix weapons come up for sale cheap sometimes too.

Last edited:
I think that we really need more L stuff users if we want some MU in loot/mining/crafting.
Also I think that L guns, armors and tools should be crafted from materials from hunting and crafting.
Plus all rings and stuff shouldn´t be in boxes and if so, there at least should be way to craft keys from materials collected from hunting/mining/crafting.
Call me boomer, but look at MU of most of minerals and hunting loot, this it where this UL/webshop/nano cubes mentality leads.

So TT guns for level 30-40, why? It will make everything even worser.
Even now there are too many UL guns and items and MA is flooding us with more and more.

Last edited:
well... ANY mf chip is 105% max, they decay 4% instead of 7.5% of armatrix, so it is practically 100.20% shooting cost.
robot event prodiuced a truck of weapons MK1, i am TTing them
all cornundos that can be killed with chip drop small rifles
snarg drop pistols too and i can go on

Now let's go to higher level of DPS i mean 66+ and i am talking of Xp1, MM, Bp70, lp70 sb90, and similar.
price Tag is 80k ped and more.
some lower end but still powerful if properly amped... m83 and zorra, hksixy and such are 2 to 5k

small progresses cost NIL, btw.. a BP sixi is 15 ped and is a 400 cell tool, it costs like one cofee.......
if you want a BP70 of course it cost like a small car... climbing the ladder is incredible costly also in term of skills required to go up one step

People are completely ignoring theres other alternatives for hunting than using a pistol/rifle.

Maces cheap as hell for good dps and lifesteal at the level req.

Swords/knifes, one of the best options for crucial skills and the cheapest UL path can pickup all the knifes/swords upto songra for under 1k ped, appart the overpriced hero sword.

Mindforce is another solid option thats never been in a better spot with the new high dps amps that just got released but people over look again.

All these "other" types are incredibly important at gathering the skills required for the long game and anybody still complaining about good cheap UL options past TT pistols have the blinders on or simply want to be" spoon fed.

Last edited:
and anybody still complaining about good cheap UL options past TT pistols have the blinders on or simply want to me spoon fed.
i was agreeing until this part,its not about blinders or wanting to be spoon fed, its about having options. 1k ped might sound cheap to you, but try and recruit any new player with the idea that 100$ usd for a virtual weapon is cheap and see the reaction you get

i appreciate all the options discussed above, some i never thought about trying :)

Some of the low level knifes and swords can be purchased for well under 1k ped and UL is an investment its not for everyone nor should it be depending on budgets and playstyles. Hope you find this informative

i was agreeing until this part,its not about blinders or wanting to be spoon fed, its about having options. 1k ped might sound cheap to you, but try and recruit any new player with the idea that 100$ usd for a virtual weapon is cheap and see the reaction you get

i appreciate all the options discussed above, some i never thought about trying :)
Yeah it's hard to recruit new players, but remember, most of us also payed 100+ USD for gun. Some multiple times more. EU really isn't poor mans sport and it never was.
If player don't want deposit 100 USD (and that's almost nothing compared to what he need deposit later), he probably won't stay here for long anyways. (I talk about hunting here)
It's sad but it is how it is.

Regareding the "it is hard to profit, hard to recruit"
game can be costant 20% profitable, it just COST TIME.

EVERY PANELEON (put any tamable monster here)
Scanned, sweated, Tamed, and juiced returns over ammo

Kill cost (3 DPP = 80/3 = 0.2667 Ped
Average TT return = 0.2667 * 0.95 = 0.2533 Ped
80 p, 80 bottles, at 1.4 p/k = 0.112 ped
Juicing can be 99% of time 0.015 rest 2 ped so 0.029 average but lets count it just 0.01
Total outcome 0.01+0.11+0.25 = 0.35 Ped / 0.2667 = 30% margin rounded down

If there is no juicing it is just 1 pec difference

this is profit WITH TIME and we are not selling the insane value of scanning skills (anatomy, botanic, zoology, animal lore, and whatever.

we made an experiment with a player that has disappeared sadly, 100 usd per 100k skills
to explain how to reach 100.000 skill points with 100 USD. and he prepared the YT videos, not sure if uploaded

if you buy a BOX it cost 40 to 60 eur, this is free, can buy 30 eur of barbarella gold pack... and opportunities exist

Back