Hit ability huh ??

castro

Prowler
Society
The Order of Ch'an Zen
Castro's Rica Girl
Hi people,

I have been thinking about this lately , we all hunt hunt hunt to the point that our hit ability rises so we could use Non - Sib weapons more effectively right?

But from own observations I must say that i do not miss that awfully more with an MK2 than with a breer M2a. The point that does bother me far more is the dmg interval actually. Imo that is what makes the big difference in SIB (yes L) weapons and non SIB weapons.

What do you think ?

Castro

Hit ability is not why i use korss 400 and 380. its the minimum damage which counts. Use the weapons calc on entropiatools.com and see how close it can be. But i love my mkII. I'd rather hunt with that than a slower breer. Pistols on the other hand is a different story.

What i understand is that with an HA of 0 you miss approximately 20% of your shots on average.
With an HA of 10 you miss approximately 8% of your shots. While this may seem to be a small difference, in your overall economy this will count up a lot during a hunt. It lets you kill approximately 10% more mobs with the same amount of ammo. So more chance on more loot.

Also do not forget your minimum damage. This is also important for your economy.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

What i understand is that with an HA of 0 you miss approximately 20% of your shots on average.
With an HA of 10 you miss approximately 8% of your shots. While this may seem to be a small difference, in your overall economy this will count up a lot during a hunt. It lets you kill approximately 10% more mobs with the same amount of ammo. So more chance on more loot.

Unfortunately it is not that simple. As explained if you move your mouse over the hit ability section of any weapon's stats, the amount you miss will depend on both your HA score and the type of mob you are hunting.

I'm glad about the mob type thing - would have thought a warrior would have higher 'dodge' than a snable.

But for me it's aaaalllll about HA - I definately notice the difference between m2a and mkII - I'm only at 2.3k rifle ~1.6HA. And if you're firing 11 ammo a go you really start to notice a miss imo.

Ano , yes indeed a missed shot of 11 burn instead of one of 5 burn makes a big difference in the end , but the actual misses are quiet the same for me and I am at 3.6 HA on rifles.

But the dmg interval, what someone else called min dmg , is a far worse factor imo , thats what makes using the particular non SIB rifle less attractive.

I just wanted to know if others do agree that Dmg interval is more important than HA.

Castro

Ano , yes indeed a missed shot of 11 burn instead of one of 5 burn makes a big difference in the end , but the actual misses are quiet the same for me and I am at 3.6 HA on rifles.

But the dmg interval, what someone else called min dmg , is a far worse factor imo , thats what makes using the particular non SIB rifle less attractive.

I just wanted to know if others do agree that Dmg interval is more important than HA.

Castro

I used to believe that back when i did my test on weapon dmg distribution (see the sig for a link). However, if you do the numbers misses are a huge factor to your effective economy and you do miss a significant number of shots at 3.6 HA. Keep in mind that, like everything else in this game, your ability to hit cycles up and down and there are times where even with my 4.5 HA i don't really miss at all and others where i'll miss a ridiculous amount.

I used to believe that back when i did my test on weapon dmg distribution (see the sig for a link). However, if you do the numbers misses are a huge factor to your effective economy and you do miss a significant number of shots at 3.6 HA. Keep in mind that, like everything else in this game, your ability to hit cycles up and down and there are times where even with my 4.5 HA i don't really miss at all and others where i'll miss a ridiculous amount.

Yea Doer I totally forgot about the cycle in misses and hits when i wrote this, but that happens with maxed weapons aswell. I get real mad when i miss a exarosaur stalker 5 to 10 times in a row with a breer M2a , so yes i know what it is :)

So there are actually so many factors playing along that it is very hard to say what is more important i guess. And i tought i had found a significant point :)

Well at least i tought about it ,

Keep shooting everyone ,

cheers

Back