Hmm would this work

rawen

Guardian
Ive been thinking bout a system for some time that would be easy for MA to implement without so much issues. We do have trust issues in this game that comes from not beeing able to ID ppl irl so on so on. We al know the drill MA cannot give out personal info etc etc. But when meeting ppl ingame you do not know if MA even knows anything more bout these ppl then there IP number and these things can be alterd.

Anyways in short would it work and would it be intresting if MA gave the oppirtunity for everyone to send in identification like they demand some to do for cards etc. Then put some kind of icon on this player if you check his info.
The purpose of the icon stating that MA knows the true id of this player.

This will of course not help with every issue but it will remove some problems when beeing scammed etc as when going to the cops you can then say MA has the real id of this player. Instead of as it is now stating they have an IP number.

Haha this is getting a lill messy but I think you get what im trying to say :).
In short is this a decent ideea? Would like some feedback as im considering sending in some suggestions and this would be one of them if need is amongst more players then me sort of speak :D

Don't see what good it would do, as someone could easily steal one of these approved avatars. In fact, these avatars would be the #1 target for hackers.

True but then make it for goldcard owners then.

Aint that easy to hack someone with GC and then it will still fill its purpose. Havent heard bout anyone getting hacked as of yet thou.

Ive been thinking bout a system for some time that would be easy for MA to implement without so much issues. We do have trust issues in this game that comes from not beeing able to ID ppl irl so on so on. We al know the drill MA cannot give out personal info etc etc. But when meeting ppl ingame you do not know if MA even knows anything more bout these ppl then there IP number and these things can be alterd.

Anyways in short would it work and would it be intresting if MA gave the oppirtunity for everyone to send in identification like they demand some to do for cards etc. Then put some kind of icon on this player if you check his info.
The purpose of the icon stating that MA knows the true id of this player.

This will of course not help with every issue but it will remove some problems when beeing scammed etc as when going to the cops you can then say MA has the real id of this player. Instead of as it is now stating they have an IP number.

Haha this is getting a lill messy but I think you get what im trying to say :).
In short is this a decent ideea? Would like some feedback as im considering sending in some suggestions and this would be one of them if need is amongst more players then me sort of speak :D

At the moment MA would have a lot of work to do something like that, but there are in development some "Trust Frameworks" for identity management, like Higgins:
http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/
and Microsoft's CardSpace:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa663320.aspx

I don't know if MA would see a need to adopt this technology, but i guess they could be one of the early adopters.

Also, it is supposed that the users fill their "real" personal data at the time of account creation, someone who placed wrong information there won't be able to withdraw a single ped. And they risk getting their account locked.

Although that doesn't prevent people from using other means to get the money out of EU, or from scamming. :rolleyes:

Also, MA is already able to identify Gold Card users, else they wouldn't have received the Gold Card.

Yes but we are not able to tell if the person owns a GC atm. Thats a lill what im after here :)

still many ways to go around it...............

but the though of scanning an avatar and have a lil icon to know if they are a Gold member has some meritt. Only bad thing is it might give false trust. If i were gunna do some serious scamming, and all I needed was a 200PED GC to gain trust and scam 1000PED, means i just had to invest a lil and walk away with 800ped.

Good idea, but seems it might be too much of false security like a door knob lock.

Back