Help: How can a noob survive in EU with 15 ped!

Ciuciulix

Guardian
Society
ROmania Renegades
Carmen Dosia Ciuciulix
Surviving with 15 ped in Entropia Universe

The stategy is dedicated to the newbies with small posibilities for depositing. Sweating like a way in entropia universe can be hard and boring activity, and in the SGA times almost imposible to turreting the mobs after sweat extraction.... Thats why I belive that Swunt is the best form to grouing up using a starting pack (VivoT1 + Omegaton 2100 + some ammo)... this help the player to gain some more skills from the basics hunter activity (Sweating+Hunting+Healing).
Minimum condition is to have 15 ped (maybe from 3k Sweat selling)
Important> swunt just Sabakuma Young & Mature (the Loot from this mob is not TT food)!
After the first round sell the Sweat and Loot and repeat the swunt (this round must be longer than the player have more ammo > at the end of the tour teoretically he gain more skill, more Sweat and probably more Loot). To the end of the Swunt Session at Sabakuma when the VivoT1 and the TT Handgun are down the newbie must have (following this strategy) Sweat and Loot in the storage with a valor more then 15 ped. The surviving strategy can be repetead again and again and again....

I try this days to test on myself... and come with new infos after the test!
ciuciulix-albums-2360-20564.html

Last edited:
Your concept has a "theoretically" and a "probably" too much in it too work. If you count on "maybe"s and "if"s in EU, you are "surely" to lose.

I smell a future low level project. :yay:

Swunt is very known these days... I wrote a complete guiede over 1 year ago... but still, not that much fun these days

Your theory is interesting but unfortunatelly likely to be incorrect.

As in any lottery the probability to get ahead on every ticket you are bound to get less peds in loot from any given hunt. A return of about 60-70% is to be determined a good return.
I agree that swunting is a good idea but be prepared of doing quite a few sessions just sweating between your swunting sessions. Yes, Saba's carry decent low level loot at times but also hit a noob pretty often and well so a lot of peds will go into fapping and a lot of time will be spent on returning after death.

As a complete noob, I strongly recommend that you stay on Daikibas, Exos and the occasional Berycled. Since these mobs are much more hunted the possability of good return is actually higher.
And using the Omegaton M2100 handgun is a lot less eco than using the Sollomate Opalo. If you take a closer look at damage/second you will see that the Opalo has an advantage. Also take into consideration the mobs health regeneration you will find that killing the mob off as quickly as possible is of the essence. Not to mention the Opalos better range allowing you to get more shots on the mob before it gets to you. :)

Anyway, I wish you welcome to Planet Calypso and hope that you will, in time, be prosperous.

Agree

I know that Opalo is better than the Omegaton 2100 but hunting with the Rifle need more cost (and can be difficult if you have some misshoots like allmost) for example: to kill a Sabakuma Young you need cca 8-9 shoots thats 9 Light Weappon Cells... with Opalo you need cca 5 shoots thats 10 Medium Weappon Cells.... And anyway for a startpack with Opalo I quess that one Noob need 20 ped not 15 ped... Thats the problem!

I like Opalo and its clear that the Rifle is a good choice, but it cost a lot hunting with them and at Swunt you need the lowest hunting Weappon!!!

I know that Opalo is better than the Omegaton 2100 but hunting with the Rifle need more cost (and can be difficult if you have some misshoots like allmost) for example: to kill a Sabakuma Young you need cca 8-9 shoots thats 9 Light Weappon Cells... with Opalo you need cca 5 shoots thats 10 Medium Weappon Cells.... And anyway for a startpack with Opalo I quess that one Noob need 20 ped not 15 ped... Thats the problem!

I like Opalo and its clear that the Rifle is a good choice, but it cost a lot hunting with them and at Swunt you need the lowest hunting Weappon!!!

But with almost double the amount of shots the decay also costs more and you'd be better off in the end with an opalo.

Yes... but whats the target!?

But with almost double the amount of shots the decay also costs more and you'd be better off in the end with an opalo.

Ok...I agree, but in this surviving strategy the important part is the Sweat & Skill gain.... more clicking thats bring more skill... and my viewpoint is that for a noob is important when he start to swunt with Opalo to have some more money (over 15ped) and some important skills like: Aim, Weappon Handling, Laser Weappon Technology, Inflict Range Damage... Loot must not be the first priority for the noobs because is comming from a gambling situation and this give rare happy ending of the swunt tour!... But the mark-up can be important to save some havy worked money! Thats the reason why I suggest the Sabakuma for first mob at swunt (lowest agility, inteligent, agression)...:laugh:

First day....

Test: Swunt Sabakuma young & mature (Fort Ares)
15 ped (VivoT1 - 9ped, Omegaton2100 - 2,2ped, 380 Light weappon Cells - 3,8 ped)
Time lost: 3 hour and 11 minutes
Kills: 18 Saba Young & 11 Saba Mature
Sweat: 503 Bottle
Loot: without markup - 3 Light Weappon Cells, 18 Blp weap cells, 26 Medium Weap cells
with markup - 2 Residue Oil, 16 Muscle Oil, 14 Animal Hide, 5 Saba skin, 3 BTAU and 3 Explosive Proiectiles
Decay: 8pec Handgun, 1,41ped Vivo
Total value (without sweat): 11,45 ped

Sold loot & sweat: 3,95 ped (the next round will be longer becouse I have more ammo - thats more Sweat and I hope more loot)!... :wtg:

PS: How can I post in this threat PrtScr??? :scratch2:

Ok...I agree, but in this surviving strategy the important part is the Sweat & Skill gain.... more clicking thats bring more skill... and my viewpoint is that for a noob is important when he start to swunt with Opalo to have some more money (over 15ped) and some important skills like: Aim, Weappon Handling, Laser Weappon Technology, Inflict Range Damage... Loot must not be the first priority for the noobs because is comming from a gambling situation and this give rare happy ending of the swunt tour!... But the mark-up can be important to save some havy worked money! Thats the reason why I suggest the Sabakuma for first mob at swunt (lowest agility, inteligent, agression)...:laugh:

saba aggression is much higher than exa/combi/diak & depending on the spawn location you can end up with multiples on you - if saba are within your range they will attack, not so with the other ones.

This is a good opportunity for you to trial out your plan though. do several swunts under your plan, do several swunts with maybe opalo and with other mobs,etc. compare the results.

PS: How can I post in this threat PrtScr??? :scratch2:

Add the image to your gallery here in EF, see button at top, then use the photos insert function when making message.

Surviving with 15 ped in Entropia Universe

The stategy is dedicated to the newbies with small posibilities for depositing. Sweating like a way in entropia universe can be hard and boring activity, and in the SGA times almost imposible to turreting the mobs after sweat extraction.... Thats why I belive that Swunt is the best form to grouing up using a starting pack (VivoT1 + Omegaton 2100 + some ammo)... this help the player to gain some more skills from the basics hunter activity (Sweating+Hunting+Healing).
Minimum condition is to have 15 ped (maybe from 3k Sweat selling)
Important> swunt just Sabakuma Young & Mature (the Loot from this mob is not TT food)!
After the first round sell the Sweat and Loot and repeat the swunt (this round must be longer than the player have more ammo > at the end of the tour teoretically he gain more skill, more Sweat and probably more Loot). To the end of the Swunt Session at Sabakuma when the VivoT1 and the TT Handgun are down the newbie must have (following this strategy) Sweat and Loot in the storage with a valor more then 15 ped. The surviving strategy can be repetead again and again and again....

I try this days to test on myself... and come with new infos after the test!

No minimal is around 20 peds :)
less than that you are quite doomed to gather more sweat L:)

I think mining is better than hunting for new players ->

You need to learn to mine Force Nexus ->

and then you can sell your sweat as ME in auction ->

Aandarian told me , you can use the time on street trade to gather more sweat or go mining -> more effective

cough cough

Wel that is the theory but I know someone made it veyr far and wel with this tactic.. later on you use the extra money to hunt...

interesting. GL with your project

chatting, dancing, running, tourism all activities without costs.

shoot in your own feet and beg for money on the road near twin
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont know... you guys are saying sabi are mad aggressive..

It may be because I have higher evade? but I have recently in the past two days sweated several sabi dry goofin around cause mining sux monkey balls now..

Maybe VU 10 changed them to less aggro?

P.S. I DID make sure I stayed at max range on the new sweat thingy.

I dont know... you guys are saying sabi are mad aggressive..

I'm thinking more along the lines of if you are sweating one and another spawns near you it will aggro/attack. Now you gotta deal with two, three, etc. This is less likely with diak/exro/combi, though combi are pretty aggro close in.

What we know about this mobs...!?

I'm thinking more along the lines of if you are sweating one and another spawns near you it will aggro/attack. Now you gotta deal with two, three, etc. This is less likely with diak/exro/combi, though combi are pretty aggro close in.

I try from the bestiary to bring some statistic infos for comparation:

Health Dmg potent Agil Intelig Psyh Stamin Streng
Saba Young Punny Minimal 24 1 1 2 10
Saba Mature Frail Minimal 23 1 2 4 10
Daikiba Young Punny Minimal 25 4 2 3 45
Exaroz Young Frail Minimal 15 2 2 5 39
Combi Young Weak Minimal 13 3 1 8 34

Ok... the agility lvl is bigger at Sabakuma (thats right) but I lnow that the hit is given from the streng & other valeurs (Intelig & Stamina)... and what the good part of the Saba is the mark up loot (the oils, skin, hide from the loot is easy to sell - on the street too), armour parts like Gnome Gloves & Shogun Gloves are easier & better to sell like Pixie parts!!!... :D

maybe

I will give you peds:yay:

I still think your theory flaws in some ways.

When it comes to low level mobs, learn how the mob reacts.
It's way more important to know your enemies real behaviour than what the stats tell you.
An so far, the least aggresive mob of the ones we have discussed is the Daikiba. Even Exos are made more aggresive in this VU and since Combibo are a fast regen mob it's also out of the question ecowise.

Another thing.
If you regards Oil residue, Animal hides etc, etc as loot with markup we have a problem.
True is that they DO have markup, but for it to be sold at markup in auction for example you need large amounts of it. For most new players all that stuff must be considered TT food, unless you have a contact buying all your low level stuff. And the large amounts we need for it to sell means it has to be stacked up for several hunts. This in turn means that you need more peds than 15...

And yet another thing. Skill gains is somewhat connected to peds cycled. This means that the Opalo will give you faster skills than the M2100 will since you use more ammo and therefore cycle more peds. More peds cycled also means larger return in real terms. Not nesecerely meaning you will get better loot but it enhances your chances of getting so called "minis", which is loots that will give you more than the average 2-30 pecs that usually drops from these mobs. Also, peds spent in decay will affect your return and skill gains. The system is set to make MA money and the only way MA can make money is by players using peds that won't come back to him or her. The surplus of money spent in decay=repairs by the whole community is what's given back as loot. Of course unevenly spread... ;)
The difference in ammo spent vs loot recieved is also a factor that works in MA's favour.

Still wishing you all the luck,

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks...

Thank you guys for the replicas in this threat... I don't need from somebody ped... I have my cash and I can manage myself in game... and I will never shoot in my feets / crying .... thats clear for me!!!

Mining is a little to riskie activity, when I was noob I start like a enmatter miner and I loose all my peds on probes.... Sorry I can't belive that minning is the best noobs way in entropia!!!...

Special thanks for Mischief, for his answer... I like the constructive discutions! I just try to find a low ped strategy in game for noobs... a lot of new players after some hours and days they abandon this wonderfull world of Planet Calypso... We must help they with a low riskie strategy and I belive this Swunt at Sabakuma can be one succesfull way... I agree that skill gain is in connection with ped, but we all know that the game bring sometimes situation where we can have free skill and free ped... I am not so sure that Swunting Sabakumas with TT Handgun the noob will not find loot / skill enouch! But even when this situation is happening the colected Sweat will save the player from ped crash - thats very important to can go forward in the entropia activities!...

Why I love Sabakuma for Swunt?... just a simple exemple:
-------------- Frecvency in Loot --- TTvalue --- Mark-up
Sabakuma skin: -- very often ------- 0,11 ped --- 110 %
Daikiba skin: ----- common --------- 0,15 ped --- 117 %
Exarozaur skin: -- common --------- 0,10 ped ---- 111 %
Combibo skin: --- uncommon ------- 0,23 ped --- 110,5 %

Last edited:
Secound round...

Started with VivoT1 - 7,59ped, Omegaton2100 - 2,12ped, Light Weappon Cells - 3,95ped... swunt at Sabakuma (near Fort Ares)
Time lost: 3 hour and 41 minutes
(Decay): (96pec) VivoT - 6,63ped, (8pec) Omegaton2100 - 2,04ped
Loot: 3ped; Sweat collected: 619 Bottles (minumum cca 2,4ped) - after street sell have: 5,52 ped (start the 3rd round with 552 Light Weappon Cells... :yay:) Lexie is a good Saba Loot buyer!

Observation: I try this time to swunt more Young Saba and I have looted some Light Weappon Cells that I used during the round... Total kill: 38 Sabakumas Young and 3 Sabakumas Mature!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/ciuciulix-albums-2360-20581.html
PS: Sorry I don' know why I can not post the pictures... they don't load in the threat from my Album...:scratch2:

Last edited:
What kind of skill gains do you get during this runs?

Reason I ask is that all mobs gives their own set of skillgains so to speak. Meaning that here is a slight difference in the amount of varous skills given by any given mob.

Skill gain

Well from sweating: Sweat gatherer, Concentration, Perception, Psyche...
from hunting (and Saba atack): Handgun, Aim, Evade, Combat reflex, Athletic, Marksman, Range Damage, Inteligence, Courage, Alertness...
and from healing: First Aid, Diagnosis, Anatomy, Dexterity...:cool:

Last edited:
Hm..I might have been a bit unprecise with that question.:silly2: Sorry...

Was more asking for skillpoints recieved from the various activities.

Like "Sweat gatherer: 5pts"

Again to see if there really is a difference between skillgains and mob hunted/sweated.

Huh...

Hm..I might have been a bit unprecise with that question.:silly2: Sorry...

Was more asking for skillpoints recieved from the various activities.

Like "Sweat gatherer: 5pts"

Again to see if there really is a difference between skillgains and mob hunted/sweated.

Sorry I never measure how much skillpoints I get... the green message comes very rare at Sweatgathering... after 5 maybe 6 Sweated Sabakuma I got one green message, just at healing and hunting I see often this skill mess... How shall I measure this skill points?... before and after the round?...:confused:

Reason I ask is that all mobs gives their own set of skillgains so to speak. Meaning that here is a slight difference in the amount of varous skills given by any given mob.

Because sabas have such low hp, they should give decent skills due to many kill skill bonuses. I would guess similar to small snables, and better than exas.

Back