How does loot work in space?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
I almost never go into space due to the horrifying monotony of spending half an hour flying from one planet to the next, so I really don't understand the pvp mechanics.

If I come upon someone being shot and I get in the kill shot, do I get the loot? Or is it most damage wins like in pvp4?

If it's the second case and I do the most damage but get killed before the target, do I still get the loot?

Also, is it damage against the ship or the actual player?

Disclaimer: I am not a pirate nor do I have designs on becoming one, I only using first person here for clarity.

I almost never go into space due to the horrifying monotony of spending half an hour flying from one planet to the next

It's longer than that now, 45mins from Arkadia <-> Calypso (in a Quad), and if you want to go to Next Island well, I hope there's a film you want to see. ;)

I dont know the answer to your question, sorry.

Kill shot gets all.

40pec a shot, most carry nothing.

Thanks, guys. I think I've made 2 space trips since it opened.

Personally, I never carry any lootables in space. Since almost nothing has any markup, I just tt it all before leaving.

If anyone wants to shoot me, I figure I'll just be another ped sink. :D

After the ship is blown up, the person's body floats in space. Then the pirate would have to actually shoot the body to loot it.

When space first opened up, there was some issues with looting, because the pirates were having a hard time actually looting anyone, so MA made it so that you lose 90% of your health when your ship blows up. Then it made it easy for the pirates to loot you after your ship blows up.

The problem for them now is that most people who are carrying loot in space use a mothership to travel, and then the only people shot down are those who arent really carrying anything. So pretty much it's just for people who wish that they could PVP in the actual game but don't have any skills on their avatar. Then they shoot unarmed quads as they go by and think that's PVP.

Since you brought it up, I had been wondering about avatar skills in space combat. Do avatar skills have any effect on space PVP?

Since you brought it up, I had been wondering about avatar skills in space combat. Do avatar skills have any effect on space PVP?

Nope not at all. space pvp is really only about who get's in the first shot since both to the same damage and have the same ship SI.

Nope not at all. space pvp is really only about who get's in the first shot since both to the same damage and have the same ship SI.

So the whole thing is even more retarded than I thought.

Evidently the reflexes do matter too. In my first spaceflights I'd tried for some time to scratch my killers at least once, but they all move too damn fast, it was a miracle already when I noticed the names from the ships and not from the kill messages :D. After watching pirate videos on youtube where they easily keep their preys in crosshairs as if those don't move at all, I decided it's some frakking voodoo and sold my kismet :D

Evidently the reflexes do matter too. In my first spaceflights I'd tried for some time to scratch my killers at least once, but they all move too damn fast, it was a miracle already when I noticed the names from the ships and not from the kill messages :D. After watching pirate videos on youtube where they easily keep their preys in crosshairs as if those don't move at all, I decided it's some frakking voodoo and sold my kismet :D

That's a lot better than my experience, when I get hit my screen freezes for 10 seconds, because my pc can't handle the polygons. When I unfreeze I'm either dead, or entropia has crashed.

Ok, so it's best network connection wins?

For the most part, there's no motivation for a player to bother shooting at a pirate. They don't carry anything, it costs 4 ped to kill them, and what is the point?
So many people don't even bother to arm their quad.

So instead of best connection or first shot, it's often just some kid shooting people as they go by. I bit more of an annoyance than anything else.

Back