How I Turned Entropia into my fulltime job in a year and $5000 invested

onlygodplays

Guardian
Here is a little story of my Entropia life,

Starting out this is something I've really never told anyone other than a couple close friends- I gave myself a year and $5000 to make a profit.

I found Entropia as I'd guess a lot of other new players found it, "10 Most Expensive Virtual Items Ever Sold"

I saw this video around 2016 and I thought the game was just going to hand out money. I was wrong...

I think I played Entropia for around 2 weeks, 1-2 hours a day on my free time and put only $10-$20USD into it: I didn't get far.
I always tell everyone i started in 2021 February to be exact, because I wasn't doing much with it before then.
After I started playing the game in 2021 the idea of money was still deep in my mind.

When I started out, I had no idea what to do and I had no friends in the game. That being said, I kind of did my own thing for a while- no goal.
I liked hunting, but I didn't know how to do it or what to do. After walking around camp Icarus, I found exarosaurs and hunted them for a while (I just had fun).
I still was just breaking even or a small loss. At that point, I knew I needed to change something.
Around this time, I started to do a little researching, just trying to get any information that could help. Looking back on it, I wasn't really looking up anything helpful or productive.
Although, one thing I did end up finding was one of the biggest game changing things ever- a YouTube channel by a player (Morey) about another player (Messi91).

I remember watching this video like 2-3 times over the span of a week. After this I had so many questions because I didn't know you could make money from actually playing the game (hunting, mining or crafting) and not just investing money.

I thought to myself, if I'm going to ask anyone, I'm going to ask the best in the business. After trying to come up with some questions, I messaged Messi. He was super helpful, but I knew I was 100% stepping out of my league.... some of the things he told me went way over my head. He told me to read this story (if you haven't read it yet, I feel it's a must read for any Entropia player)-

I had a goal and something to aim for in hunting now. I took as much advice as I could from the video with Morey and Messi and from Messi's story.

I knew I needed to get limited items in bulk to cut down %MU and I needed to find a monster that gave semi good %MU back.

After around 4 months of this trying to make hunting work I was still losing- probably $500 a month (not a lot but still not good).

I was running low on the amount of money I had left to invest and on my ped card. I had to rethink everything and try to make a profit from the levels I had; I gave hunting one last go. I bought an adjusted resto chip and a BP-20 fen (highest low-level EFF gun). I was around 82.1% EFF with amp and 3.3DPP. If I remember correctly,
I played with this for a month and a half and still lost around $1000 after playing 5 hours a day. Evidently, at low levels it's very hard to profit in hunting.

Around this time, I met and started talking to another player named Eve...
Eve was and is another big turning point in my Entropia career. Eve was the first real uber that I would consider my friend in Entropia.
Eve kept the game and so many aspects of the game in their true form- there was no bs, no fluff. The good and the bad sides of the game were shown to me from Eve.
I don't know if I would've kept going on with my Entropia journey if I didn't meet Eve at the time I did.

I went back to the drawing board, and I remember hearing Morey say he was profitable in mining from that video. There was also another player who was a streamer named Gholes who was doing something called wave mining. I had a few friends who were miners, and they were telling me they were making peds hand over fist.
I figured I don't have anything else to lose and if they are making what they say they are I can't lose.

I set off. The first place I ever mined was on Rocktropia. I did this because I figured if I only get alternative ore, ill at least get 112% mu and that's profit (at the standard 93%TT returns most miners get). I did that for a couple days and I was already visibly seeing my PED card grow and my sheet was showing the same results.
I knew at this very moment I had what I needed. Now I just needed to find a good spot other than Rocktropia. Looking at Entropia Life and looking up old videos on YouTube and vods from Twitch, I found the magical world of wave mining spots on Caly.

I started mining un-amped at the locations because I didn't know what to expect- it really showed that the stories were true. I mined for around a week and was 400PED profit un-amped mining. I thought to myself, I need a higher cycle rate and more time played because it'll just boost my profits even more. I started buying level 5 amps. those were the lowest MU% and still a good amp.

the game changed into a different monster, and I turned my hobby into my living. I went from a few hours a day to 12+ hours a day. I had figured out after my first couple weeks of being a profitable player why all those Ubers and profitable players had acted and talked to me the way they did. Most of them were friendly, but never friends there was almost a wall between the two categories of players...

I remember the first week I started mining hardcore I made around 4000ped profit, and I knew this was it for me. The rest was history.

The reasoning for my post is not to "flex", but to give light and hope others who are also new players wanting to make this a side hustle or eventually their fulltime job. It is still possible even if you are a new player who started a year ago.
With the right amount of money, and time invested you can make money on this game.

Although, with a heavy heart, I have some life changing events going on in my life and I won't be able to continue my Entropia career. I have bigger and better things going on right now and I can't invest as much time as I would like to. That being said, I hope this is not only a spark of hope to someone in need, but also a thanks and a goodbye to the Entropia community.
I'm sure I'll be around. It's a little sad honestly. It truly does feel like I'm quitting my favorite job with some of the best coworkers ever...

It was fun Entropia, I'll miss you, hope you all stay safe and keep hoffing.

-OnlyGodPlays

Last edited:

-OnlyGodPlays

Very inspirational story and thanks for sharing. More of these needed from people as there are plenty who profit from EU. All the best for your RL venture. (y)

Starting out this is something I've really never told anyone other than a couple close friends- I gave myself a year and $5000 to make a profit.

I found Entropia as I'd guess a lot of other new players found it, "10 Most Expensive Virtual Items Ever Sold"

I saw this video around 2016 and I thought the game was just going to hand out money. I was wrong...

I think I played Entropia for around 2 weeks, 1-2 hours a day on my free time and put only $10-$20USD into it: I didn't get far.
I always tell everyone i started in 2021 February to be exact, because I wasn't doing much with it before then.
After I started playing the game in 2021 the idea of money was still deep in my mind.

When I started out, I had no idea what to do and I had no friends in the game. That being said, I kind of did my own thing for a while- no goal.
I liked hunting, but I didn't know how to do it or what to do. After walking around camp Icarus, I found exarosaurs and hunted them for a while (I just had fun).
I still was just breaking even or a small loss. At that point, I knew I needed to change something.
Around this time, I started to do a little researching, just trying to get any information that could help. Looking back on it, I wasn't really looking up anything helpful or productive.
Although, one thing I did end up finding was one of the biggest game changing things ever- a YouTube channel by a player (Morey) about another player (Messi91).

I remember watching this video like 2-3 times over the span of a week. After this I had so many questions because I didn't know you could make money from actually playing the game (hunting, mining or crafting) and not just investing money.

I thought to myself, if I'm going to ask anyone, I'm going to ask the best in the business. After trying to come up with some questions, I messaged Messi. He was super helpful, but I knew I was 100% stepping out of my league.... some of the things he told me went way over my head. He told me to read this story (if you haven't read it yet, I feel it's a must read for any Entropia player)-

I had a goal and something to aim for in hunting now. I took as much advice as I could from the video with Morey and Messi and from Messi's story.

I knew I needed to get limited items in bulk to cut down %MU and I needed to find a monster that gave semi good %MU back.

After around 4 months of this trying to make hunting work I was still losing- probably $500 a month (not a lot but still not good).

I was running low on the amount of money I had left to invest and on my ped card. I had to rethink everything and try to make a profit from the levels I had; I gave hunting one last go. I bought an adjusted resto chip and a BP-20 fen (highest low-level EFF gun). I was around 82.1% EFF with amp and 3.3DPP. If I remember correctly,
I played with this for a month and a half and still lost around $1000 after playing 5 hours a day. Evidently, at low levels it's very hard to profit in hunting.

Eve was and is another big turning point in my Entropia career. Eve was the first real uber that I would consider my friend in Entropia.
Eve kept the game and so many aspects of the game in their true form- there was no bs, no fluff. The good and the bad sides of the game were shown to me from Eve.
I don't know if I would've kept going on with my Entropia journey if I didn't meet Eve at the time I did.

I went back to the drawing board, and I remember hearing Morey say he was profitable in mining from that video. There was also another player who was a streamer named Gholes who was doing something called wave mining. I had a few friends who were miners, and they were telling me they were making peds hand over fist.
I figured I don't have anything else to lose and if they are making what they say they are I can't lose.

I set off. The first place I ever mined was on Rocktropia. I did this because I figured if I only get alternative ore, ill at least get 112% mu and that's profit (at the standard 93%TT returns most miners get). I did that for a couple days and I was already visibly seeing my PED card grow and my sheet was showing the same results.
I knew at this very moment I had what I needed. Now I just needed to find a good spot other than Rocktropia. Looking at Entropia Life and looking up old videos on YouTube and vods from Twitch, I found the magical world of wave mining spots on Caly.

I started mining un-amped at the locations because I didn't know what to expect- it really showed that the stories were true. I mined for around a week and was 400PED profit un-amped mining. I thought to myself, I need a higher cycle rate and more time played because it'll just boost my profits even more. I started buying level 5 amps. those were the lowest MU% and still a good amp.

the game changed into a different monster, and I turned my hobby into my living. I went from a few hours a day to 12+ hours a day. I had figured out after my first couple weeks of being a profitable player why all those Ubers and profitable players had acted and talked to me the way they did. Most of them were friendly, but never friends there was almost a wall between the two categories of players...

I remember the first week I started mining hardcore I made around 4000ped profit, and I knew this was it for me. The rest was history.

The reasoning for my post is not to "flex", but to give light and hope others who are also new players wanting to make this a side hustle or eventually their fulltime job. It is still possible even if you are a new player who started a year ago.
With the right amount of money, and time invested you can make money on this game.

Although, with a heavy heart, I have some life changing events going on in my life and I won't be able to continue my Entropia career. I have bigger and better things going on right now and I can't invest as much time as I would like to. That being said, I hope this is not only a spark of hope to someone in need, but also a thanks and a goodbye to the Entropia community.
I'm sure I'll be around. It's a little sad honestly. It truly does feel like I'm quitting my favorite job with some of the best coworkers ever...

-OnlyGodPlays
Kind of sketchy story

Is your decision to leave connected to recent changes in mining on caly in any way?

:/ sad to see ya go! hit me up when u need a good mentor for Tarky :p

take care man!

P.S. when u finialy will announce your only fans?

Last edited:
Success stories are what drives interest in our lovely little game. Glad you found a way to make the game work for you. GL with your future endeavours.

Is your decision to leave connected to recent changes in mining on caly in any way?
no, mining is still very profitable. mining in the right spots/planets you can still make very good peds. i would maybe even say its better off this way. just look at the mu% on the materials from mining. they are all flying up.

Did u even bother reading it all?
I did, and it's a logical question since there were some changes recently and people were saying that there is no wave mining anymore, I just wanna know if it's true.

I did, and it's a logical question since there were some changes recently and people were saying that there is no wave mining anymore, I just wanna know if it's true.
there is wave mining still, but not where it used to be. best advice I can give lol sorry if I ever come back I don't want to give away all the secretes.

Pretty awesome post and good suggested followup reading!

a good story of someone who has had enough serendipity to be able to win something in this game, or at least not lose, and in the middle of 2021 ... and I am left wondering ... I had never heard of wave mining. .. What is that? Some information?

I had never heard of wave mining. .. What is that? Some information?

Some mining areas have waves, similar to hunting. Most of the time you will just get Crude/Lyst or other low markup stuff. Then for a brief period you will get rares. Could last for a few minutes or could last for 15 minutes. It varies.

Very nice story, thank you for sharing! It's an amazing feeling to find something consistently profitable. Good luck with your RL endeavors!

-OnlyGodPlays
Dude! That youtube video got me into this game too! when i started, i thought i could earn money hunting. Reality of the game got me, there is no easy money in the game "i was a newborn, so naive >.< "

Nearly 4.5 years later, still here, and still loosing "much smaller now tho", But i have yet to find a game that can be as interesting and alive like Entropia
(there may be a love/frustration relationship to the game)
(And hunting smaller mobs)
(I may use a tinfoil hat)

But can see me myself playing for 4.5 more years :)

Great story, thanks for sharing! Hope to see you soon in your drawing board, once you discover there's no such thing as quitting Entropia :D

Takeaway for newer players - there is no perfect recipe that someone could give it to you so you can profit. Only by placing the right pieces together it can result you the puzzle that fits you.

After I started playing the game in 2021 the idea of money was still deep in my mind. You need a good credit score to get money. To improve the situation, the article https://fitmymoney.com/bad-credit-score/ will help.

-OnlyGodPlays
Thank you for sharing this moving tale. Since the EU benefits a great deal, more of them are required from the populace. Best wishes with your RL endeavor.

Last edited:
Back