How Is DPP calculated on weapons?

Mighty Bear

Mature
Society
Diabolical Dominion
Mighty Bear Mountain
On a weapon, how is the Dmg/Pec calculated? Also, related question for my sake, is MU figured into the shown DPP?

For the curious, I'm trying to compare the difference between a BP-20 FEN as shown and BP-20 FEN if I pay 275% for tokens

On a weapon, how is the Dmg/Pec calculated? Also, related question for my sake, is MU figured into the shown DPP?

For the curious, I'm trying to compare the difference between a BP-20 FEN as shown and BP-20 FEN if I pay 275% for tokens

While a good DPP will increase its value thus increase the MU of the item they are not directly related in any way.
Every item is the same regardless of markup.
BP-20 FEN is the same if it has no MU or 30000 PED markup.
What are you talking about with tokens and 275% though?

What are you talking about with tokens and 275% though?

Pretty sure that's an attempt to factor the gun price into DPP over the life of the weapon - which nobody would seriously do.

compare the difference between a BP-20 FEN as shown and BP-20 FEN if I pay 275% for tokens

Neither the game nor the wiki has any idea what you payed for a weapon, it couldn't calculate this.

If the game saved the price and associated it to the weapon, it could give you a theoretical cost per shot for an (L) item but it would be assuming you would use the item until it broke. Without knowing when you would quit or sell the weapon there would be no real useful data to generate for a UL weapon like that.

"DPP" then is the damage generated in a single shot/use broken down against the (TT) cost to perform that single shot/use. (EDIT: including markup would give you an "Effective DPP" for your specific purchased item but on a UL item it would just be a number that went up a little every time you fired the weapon. Seeing a display of ".0000001 DPP" and just going up every shot would be funny, but not very useful.)

Really more players are going to look for ROI on a question like this. The time it takes you to get "return on investment" for what you spent on the gun is going to depend on how much you invest, and this is where your 275% comes in.

Roughly you want to know how long it takes (how many repair cycles) for your savings in TT repair costs to be more than what you would have spent on MU buying comparable (L) gear.

Last edited:
Back