Question: How much Data does Entropia use? (Hotspot/Mobile)

PE freak!!

Stalker
Society
Laid Back
Pamela MC-Brotaufstrich Brantsch
Hey,

Iam interested to figure out how much Data Entropia Uses?
I want to travel with my Van but still log into EU sometimes.

I have around 30GB Data /Monthly.
Windows said i used 81MB in the last 30 days.

Thanks for your help in advance :)
Cheers
MC

I remember using 3G to play Entropia it's like 50 megas for 4/5 hours of gaming or so. Unless it's a VU days then besides the VU you also need to download all the textures for inventory items etc. like some kind o re-cache of everything... you know how it's when you login first time after VU.

I would say no more than 200 megas for a good afternoon/evening of Entropia.

As long as you have windows update disabled and manage to download vu update from other source 30gb should be more than enough for a month

Oh the game uses very little, and remember you can set in the client how much the game is allowed to max out at also.

Like very very little, I hotspot or use my works wifi every day and I use a VERY small amount.

Most all MMOs are like this. It's actually really freaking impressive. Even when I was streaming New World to my laptop I used basically nothing.

I can attempt to get real exact numbers.

For instance, Old School Runescape Uses between 500KB to 2MB an HOUR and I can confirm that when I got 100MB of data for free a month with some service that I used strictly for OSRS.

I'd imagine entropia is pretty darn close to those numbers.

FAKE EDIT: Looking at previous forums post, someone said using internet dongle they average 10MB/hour

Someone else said below 10 KB/sec or about 36MB/hour.

So once again...Very little.

thanks for the information folks!
Makes traveling and playing from inside my Van is an good option.
If theres an VU/Update or anything iam sure McDonals Wifi can help me out :p

Cheers!

thanks for the information folks!
Makes traveling and playing from inside my Van is an good option.
If theres an VU/Update or anything iam sure McDonals Wifi can help me out :p

Cheers!
Yep, it's a light saver at work for sure. Cause I'd rather not use the works wifi, but my hotspot isn't great here either, but it still gets the job done if I'm not remote desktop. Most of the time I am though cause I ain't lugging a big ass laptop.

A few hundred bit/s in a quiet environment with few mobs or other avatars around; some kb/s with a lot of red/green dots on the radar. Outside of version update downloads, it really uses very little. The guy(s) who did the network code really deserve praise. I've been running it on mobile nets under even lower data caps without a problem. When I need to watch it more closely, I keep the resource monitor open with the network tab selected. Reigning in Windows' automatic updates has a much greater impact. For larger VU downloads I take a portable pc to a wifi hotspot and then transfer the files to the main rig. Be prepared for the occasional forum member ignorant of the situation uttering stupid things when you ask what the download size was, since this info is no longer given (well, before it was seldom correct, either).

Last edited:
The guy(s) who did the network code really deserve praise.
Ehhhh, basically every MMO uses basically no internet. I disagree they deserve praise when the game was made with like 15 kbps downlaods were fast

Back