Question: How much is a good hunting % return for you ?

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
I meant to ask how much you consider a good return in hunting. Not how much you have atm.

I will add a value later on also.

Really depends on turnover. Even if you have 98% return if you're cycling 20K PED a day thats $40 USD MA is making off you (14,600 US dollars a year).

95% - I think 5% rake is fair. I also believe there should be a rakeback system for the players (i.e. boxes over ped spent or similar)

Volatility, thats another question that has a huge impact on the perception of the returns.

Really depends on turnover. Even if you have 98% return if you're cycling 20K PED a day thats $40 USD MA is making off you (14,600 US dollars a year).
And this is very important to be discussed as well.

A high stakes game usually pays more rake because of its size, not that it is more expensive, the rake percentage is usually the same or very close across stakes.

There are many pros and cons to be discussed about this for sure.

My generic opinion is still that if there is an economy that makes base loot have demand across professions, more on a scale of 1 to 1, the balancing of activity across the professions and also the activity needed to move that loot will generate a bubble of markup capable of diluting those 5% rake. Provided, knowing what we know, that MA comes up with simple cheap recipes.

The closer we move to 99% average returns the more MA will have to move MU to the right side of the %s (read blazars, mini tt mayhem guns etc).

it all depends on gear/levels.
if your using a 60% eff wep and have 30-40 looter skills. (i think 92-94% tt returns is avg)
if your using a 75-80%+ eff wep and have 70+ looter skills (i think 96-98% tt reurn is avg)
and if you have 85%+ eff and 85+ looters you already know that the sky is the limit. startup that macro and make money while you sleep baby ;)

96-97% for me in the long run.

98%+ except if in some markup paradise, assuming the question was tt return

"Green lines" of skill progress represent in my humble calculations 1% return
another 0.5% is represented by codex rewards
98.5% is the return that allow me to say "i pay for my skills"
anything below is leading to destroy game capital, either mine or someone else's if i sell my loot.
so 98.5% is the "minimum fair value return" that game should pay (and it probably is in top setup configurations).

@ Hijacker: IMHO those 140.000 ped TT Loss are the TT increase of the player skill set. (yes, skills are not free, sadly)

For some it is a sensitive question. Not sure if it is HOW an individual want it to be.

As for me i should be 97% base minimum return.
100% for top gear/eff ( including shrapnel conversion )

Average dps is increasing and so the peds turnover. If you spend 2000 peds/h, at 97%, thats 60 peds TT lost per hour, or 6 USD per hour.

Is 6 USD per hour for a video game acceptable ?

There is a reason new players do not stay, and it is down to those return. The elephant in the room.

Have a great day everyone.

The return you consider decent its all about your dps. When you have top cost per hour its another story but this works and only worked on mayhem (to use any weapon, tho it was super expensive to use low eff).

Im gonna add this. With high dps 95% is a total disaster.

XTLC 1000 t10 > 25% reload > 20h hunting is 57k turnover per day lol/24h > 69k cost. That would be close to 3500 peds per day.

Last edited:
When you deposit they take a fee, when you sell on auction they take a fee, do people even consider those types of things when counting return %?

I've never attempt to keep accurate stats and I wish I knew a good way so I could post the awful returns I get.
I look at it from an "average" gamer/consumer. I deposit $50.. which turns into 450 ped. I go out and hunt and I don't even count my armor or fap decay in the equation. 2 hours later and I have 350 ped, another couple hours, 125. Then one more hunt and it's gone.
5-8 hours cost me $50.
I want a good return in ratio of money spent = time playing.

Hard to justify that or compete with a game I spent $60 on 3 years ago, still play and put in hundreds of hours.
I'd be totally fine with whatever 95% is if $50 allowed me to play all month, but unless I get super lucky it never does.

I'm a little off topic, but this is what return means to me.
Keep your "you haven't cycled enough" comments to yourself please - save your keystrokes.

95% return on a 10,000 ped run is great... Until you do that a dozen times and you're -5,000.

Luckily, you've been hUnTiNg MaRkUp and meticulously saving oils to sell at 101% so you can make back that -5,000 ped. :ROFLMAO:'

Start TT ValueReturn (%)Return Value (PED)
95%​
9500​
9500​
95%​
9025​
9025​
95%​
8574​
8574​
95%​
8145​
8145​
95%​
7738​
7738​
95%​
7351​
7351​
95%​
6983​
6983​
95%​
6634​
6634​
95%​
6302​
6302​
95%​
5987​
5987​
95%​
5688​
5688​
95%​
5404​
5404​
95%​
*95% return, or 51.33% return

Pro-Tip: It's more enjoyable to just accept that it's never coming back, and play EU based on your entertainment budget.

Cheers, have fun y'all ;)
Spider

Last edited:
Around 96% with 83% eff in the range between 55-60 looter.

Fair.Now go get it, why wait?

Highly doubt that if we all get 99.9% av. return there will be a lot left for ATHs... Let alone markup.... Or a company to develop and maintain the game...

Highly doubt that if we all get 99.9% av. return there will be a lot left for ATHs... Let alone markup.... Or a company to develop and maintain the game...
So now you want 99.9% for everyone.You already gave up on your request to have it for yourself.You must decide what you want.

So now you want 99.9% for everyone.You already gave up on your request to have it for yourself.You must decide what you want.
Out of respect for the OP I won´t entertain you anymore posterboy.

If you have anything relevant to dispute in my post go ahead and be open about it. Let me tell you, you are terrible at cracking jokes...

Have you ever considered getting a mentor? I remember reading the same lines in 2013 when I registered.
volunteering? I did have Darth Skippy back in the day. I've asked for suggestions so many times here. Did 10k puny mission because someone suggested it.

Back