Question: How much is a good hunting % return for you ?

you can play all month long for $50. just not the way you want to play probably ( no attack , i have the same problem :) )
I don't disagree, but then the problem what way to? If it's hunt Lvl 1 mobs then what's the point of playing for years and skilling? and I'd accept any challenge someone has to say they could make 50 last a month playing say 25 hours total as long as it's not shooting lvl 1 mobs and I'll show you it not working.
I can play somewhat comfortably at "my" level for maybe $200 a month and that no longer fits in my life.

I don't disagree, but then the problem what way to? If it's hunt Lvl 1 mobs then what's the point of playing for years and skilling? and I'd accept any challenge someone has to say they could make 50 last a month playing say 25 hours total as long as it's not shooting lvl 1 mobs and I'll show you it not working.
I can play somewhat comfortably at "my" level for maybe $200 a month and that no longer fits in my life.

Oke i challenge you to test what give you more markup in 250 peds turnover on 2 mobs (that will be 500 ped as you mention). Blazars vs Vixen and you have to do it with best 6 dmg weapon and put A101 on it so you gain a bit more eff.

Oke i challenge you to test what give you more markup in 250 peds turnover on 2 mobs (that will be 500 ped as you mention). Blazars vs Vixen and you have to do it with best 6 dmg weapon and put A101 on it so you gain a bit more eff.
Blazars on Female Screechers on NI
[EDIT: Maybe it is not clear, i back the idea that Vixen are better jsut i underline that best monbster for blazar are those on NI and not Exarosaurs]

Last edited:
for those saying you get 92% returns with 60% eff gear, probably u havent seen returns yet of 60% 70% and keep on going.

Depends what your cost to kill is. If it was 0.05 ped to kill a prot, don't think you'll be concerned with 90% return hunting for few hours for laughs. If it was 20.00 ped to kill a prot, you'll be after 99.9% if not much MU coming in.

So 95% or 98% is kind of meaningless. Depends what you're conditioned to accept. I personally preferred the game when costs to kill were considerably lower for bigger mobs.

That was before prots, rings, or enhancers etc. I remember making 400 ped last all day hunting trox or drones, and I'll still log off with ped to try again the next day, and the next day. Fun times.

Depends what your cost to kill is. If it was 0.05 ped to kill a prot, don't think you'll be concerned with 90% return hunting for few hours for laughs. If it was 20.00 ped to kill a prot, you'll be after 99.9% if not much MU coming in.

So 95% or 98% is kind of meaningless. Depends what you're conditioned to accept. I personally preferred the game when costs to kill were considerably lower for bigger mobs.

That was before prots, rings, or enhancers etc. I remember making 400 ped last all day hunting trox or drones, and I'll still log off with ped to try again the next day, and the next day. Fun times.

With what gun? I am pretty sure if you use same gun now, it will last even longer

For now, running 90% effi and average 50 looters, having 96% tt return after 1,2 million ped cycle (which was partly done with 80% efficiency and started with average 35 looter levels), im satisfied with it with this gear, with this skills.

For later, ofc the end goal with 100+ looters can be only 98.5 - 99% depending if my end game gun have 80% or 90% efficiency.
Maybe at that level i wont even care if its 98.5 or 99% tt as it would be both profitable enough, idk, im not there yet.

High efficiency and low - mid looter levels are already works much better than i expected before buying my first high efficiency gun, so may end game hunting with 100+ looters are also way better than what i would expect now.

With 97%+ u wont be getting much of those high thrilling hofs. If u look at this game as money making, then yes 99% tt return is juicy.
if u look for fun as some mentioned here, then dont ask for those ugly numbers such as 97-99%

ask for the 90-95% and see those good ol'days noob hofs here and there.

maybe thats what made some stay here and get those 1million accounts into entropia? i wonder

What are you even talking about ? In 2006-2008 you had 50% runs and there were days with 3-4 20k atrox and i was telling some people that were ignoring me to stop doing atrox for TT, instead go hunt formidon (lr59 at 180-200%), sumima for L53 and so on. Most of hunters who failed the game back then really underestimated markup and eco. I was not a super eco person well i used i2870 and other stuff most of time back in the days. Also drone were amazing for gazz, people went from drone to buy top gear like mod merc.

I have no clue whats best blazar mob maybe u can give him some advice
screechers female in nextisland drop more than exarosaurs and have also a couple of MU crystals.
vixen can sell VDU adn Gears
small wolf in RT can get EYE
small vampire chicks have campire blood
daily cyclops in NI reward more than TTloss and drop 150% stones.
at everyh level and every dps there are opportunities... and TTpistol is your friend (or z12)

screechers female in nextisland drop more than exarosaurs and have also a couple of MU crystals.
at everyh level and every dps there are opportunities... and TTpistol is your friend (or z12)

tt pistol is meh, i wont hunt without amp

Can you specify what you mean more? Take 500 ped to NI and hunt vixen until when? And the test is which gives more markup? I thought we want to track returns. I'll do whatever you recommend and do my best to track everything - sorry if I don't fully understand what you are saying to do, please expand.
I do have to say I've hunted vixen years ago when I had this similar issue/discussion. I found it horribly boring and don't recall it profitable.

Just because something has MU doesn't mean I'll get enough nor does it mean someone will buy it or buy it for expected MU. I'm not saying that doesn't work, but I've tried hunting mobs for MU items... Tier comps for example. You know, if you don't loot any or hardly any well then same crap return as any other mob.

Can you specify what you mean more? Take 500 ped to NI and hunt vixen until when? And the test is which gives more markup? I thought we want to track returns. I'll do whatever you recommend and do my best to track everything - sorry if I don't fully understand what you are saying to do, please expand.
I do have to say I've hunted vixen years ago when I had this similar issue/discussion. I found it horribly boring and don't recall it profitable.

You said u can depo 50$, and i gave an idea to test 2 mats thats all , 250 peds for blazar and 250 peds turn for farming vixen on RT. Then i said im not sure whats best mob in game for blazar cuz never tested.

but hunt 250 peds on something to get blazar and 250 for vixen? I'll try, I can start with vixen i guess.

Just because something has MU doesn't mean I'll get enough nor does it mean someone will buy it or buy it for expected MU. I'm not saying that doesn't work, but I've tried hunting mobs for MU items... Tier comps for example. You know, if you don't loot any or hardly any well then same crap return as any other mob.
He wants you to deposit 500 ped of ammo and do 2 hunts

hunt on Next Island for Blazars, hunt the 250 ped ammo and see how much profit you made from MU of the blazars.

then go hunt in rocktropia the vixens for 250 ped and see what mu you make selling the gears.

then do which you find makes you a profit from markup to negate losses from the game.

I think it all comes down to how you are making up the difference. Steady mu/ shop/crafting/streaming/ la/ services etc. How or what you do there would influence what % is sustainable or not.

I'll happily sacrifice tt return for content.

I think the trouble often comes with seeing the game as one single thing- ie hunting returns- and not with a plethora of opportunities.

[/QUOTE
What are you even talking about ? In 2006-2008 you had 50% runs and there were days with 3-4 20k atrox and i was telling some people that were ignoring me to stop doing atrox for TT, instead go hunt formidon (lr59 at 180-200%), sumima for L53 and so on. Most of hunters who failed the game back then really underestimated markup and eco. I was not a super eco person well i used i2870 and other stuff most of time back in the days. Also drone were amazing for gazz, people went from drone to buy top gear like mod merc.

I'm simply saying deposited peds lasted considerably longer for the average Joe. A player could add £40 and easily play for a week. The exchange rate was tons better then too. Weapons burned less ammo and mobs had much less HP, which generally equalled much more play time.

Many of the additional items didn't exist. When those LR weapons came in that actually doubled my input peds, but even then, we only needed an A105 you were good to go for huge sessions online.

Deeds and LA"s and sale of caly changed that, but I kinda new it would. I'm more looking back in fondness, than being critical. If players want to pay £500+ a month it's up to them.

[/QUOTE

I'm simply saying deposited peds lasted considerably longer for the average Joe. A player could add £40 and easily play for a week. The exchange rate was tons better then too. Weapons burned less ammo and mobs had much less HP, which generally equalled much more play time.

Many of the additional items didn't exist. When those LR weapons came in that actually doubled my input peds, but even then, we only needed an A105 you were good to go for huge sessions online.

Deeds and LA"s and sale of caly changed that, but I kinda new it would. I'm more looking back in fondness, than being critical. If players want to pay £500+ a month it's up to them.

Bullshit, every mob you kill now vs old days IF you have buffs should have lower cost. Also most of new L/UL weapons are more eco.

Last edited:
Bullshit, every mob you kill now vs old days IF you have buffs should have lower cost.

I don't hunt anymore, I just hold alot of various deeds. I've been spending my money on other interests the last couple of years. Diversifying my life. Its all good, I'm not anti-Eu. Besides I dont have the appetite to throw £500 at Longtooth haha. But if people want to... go for it, live the dream.

@ Rick i am sorry but as usual there is some confusion in some of your arguments
1. defense cost were lowered, now decay of armor is "MOST" returned and fell badly low (if not with top healing tool armor decay cost less than healing now)
2. old times weapons, if we exclude 2870 MM imk2 and V1 costed more due to the decay formula, 2.0 rules changed the paradigm and in 2020 you could buy a BP-20 Fen for 1200 GBP that has 20% better kill cost than old times
3. you game since 11 years, i dont know your skill set but i suppose also with tt pistol that yhou pass L100 60 looter and 70 evader so can kill atrox naked with TT weapon (if you have not those stats either you sold the skills or something strange happeneed)
5. we just (me and Alina) wrote some way to go with a loot (MU-Wise) over kill cost also at low level monsters

Why all of yo9ur messages end with "you can waste all teh money you want i will not?" or "I got a better use for my money?" i can assure that i got better use of my money too, in other fields, but this forum is about using the money HERE at best... RL yuou can go to see Opera at theatre, or hire a hooker, or buy a fast car, and no one of us cares (or buy books and good shoes for children)....

Talking about gaming i admit i went with the most eco skilling path, respect kill cost toward ped card and i never saw a drawdown like someone reports. if i kill with 500 ped 15 Moloch masters or i kill 1500 vixen shy my return will be very different.

to remain on topic, 98.5+1.5% skills gained makes 100% so it is a zero sum game, some costly way to progress lead to loose extra, that goes into some global HOF pool imho.
i am grateful to drunk, stoned players that get a perseus and destroy ped on some gigantic monster.

depends on the average markup you are getting lets say i hunt a mob verry effecient that everyone hunts and it has an average mu of 102%
that means i need 98% to break even.
If I go hunt a mob with more mu and its bit harder to kill, bigger hp pool, regen etc. and i get a rerurn of 94% when the average mu is 108-110% I make more money with less return

I would never look at returns alone
only at returns compared to the average markup i am getting

depends on the average markup you are getting lets say i hunt a mob verry effecient that everyone hunts and it has an average mu of 102%
that means i need 98% to break even.
If I go hunt a mob with more mu and its bit harder to kill, bigger hp pool, regen etc. and i get a rerurn of 94% when the average mu is 108-110% I make more money with less return

I would never look at returns alone
only at returns compared to the average markup i am getting
Following your logic, if I had 50% TT I need 150% with markup.

50*150%=75% so still a loss

Just rebuild into the system the possibility to hit 10K+ on Argo young's. Without losing 2.0 system.

At the end of the day, you're going to lose your PED, it is much more fun going down HOFing than having a constant 92% return.

Last edited:
Just rebuild into the system the possibility to hit 10K+ on Argo young's. Without losing 2.0 system.

At the end of the day, you're going to lose your PED, it is much more fun going down HOFing than having a constant 92% return.

If we want bigger multis, that will come with bigger swings.
If we get bigger swings, we will ask for more stable returns.
If we want more stable returns, they have to lower the swings.
If they lower the swings, the multis will be smaller.
If we want bigger multis, neverending repeat on.

Following your logic, if I had 50% TT I need 150% with markup.

50*150%=75% so still a loss

no since you calculate the average mu on all the loot and use that fixed number to calculate each run. the average mu has nothing to do with returns
It just calculates how much above tt your loot is on average.

Still this isnt rly the point the point is returns depend on the markup you get which differs for each mob

Back